Team v Luton

6 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

I agree regarding Nuhiu. But I also said Forestieri didn’t train from last Tuesday onwards so I do think Bullen was justified in not bringing him. He probably has an eye on Tuesday for him, I think that’s fair. 

Bullen told Howson that FF should feature Tuesday.

53 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Better goal scoring threat :laugh: Rhodes 186 career goals compared to Forestieri’s 66 :laugh::laugh::laugh: Not even worth debating with someone that thick :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Be polite. Be kind. Don’t call other users “thick”.

It doesn’t pain you in a good light, and certainly doesn’t help the thread.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

Guest LittleG
17 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Rhodes at Boro in the Championship.

Minutes 1161

Goals 6

Goal every 194 minutes.

That’s faster than Fletch. Faster than Forestieri. Much faster than Nuhiu.

He has failed once and once only.....here.

Supports the view that he is not happy  / needed here

4 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

If Fletcher is to be rested.. I don't see what we've got to lose by giving Winnall a go..btw I expect the same from Luton as got from Millwall so FF must be considered for the bench at least..

deffo,never,ever start with Nuhui

8 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Supports the view that he is not happy  / needed here

I can tell you that he was VERY unhappy here under Carlos. Very good source. 

However, I have no idea if that is still the case under Bully. No reason to think so.

4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Do you think Winnall looks like a lone central striker?

I don’t think he offers even as much as Rhodes.

I would try Rhodes. Then I would try Nuhiu. Then I would consider 442.

Why anyone would consider Rhodes after yesterday's performance is beyond me.  He looked very clumsy and awkward and seemed not to even know what his duties were.  

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

Why anyone would consider Rhodes after yesterday's performance is beyond me.  He looked very clumsy and awkward and seemed not to even know what his duties were.  

He won a clear pelanty that was inexplicably not given and still managed to get the header away... I'd definitely consider him but would also consider Winnall..

6 hours ago, Holmowl said:

This could be a feisty thread.

Lets have your Xl and your subs, seeing as how there has been much said about our bench v Millwall.

Westwood

Odubajo Lees Borner Palmer

Forestieri Bannan Hutchinson Reach Harris

Rhodes

• Iorfa didn’t do enough to take the shirt off Odubajo
  • Lee shouldn’t play Sat Tues Sat yet
  • Surely FF must start unless he’s blotted his copybook with Bully
  • and the big ? Rhodes v Fletch? Not worth risking Fletcher’s season for one game.

Subs 

Dawson

Iorfa

Fletcher

Murphy

Luongo

Lee

Rhodes up top on his own? Lol

I'd be wary of playing Hutch so soon after the last game, Luongo to take his place.

Fletcher might need resting so I think we will start with Atdhe. I'm not sure he's the right man in the circumstances so I'd give Rhodes a chance to start and maybe Atdhe to come on depending how it's going.

Iorfa to drop to bench with Odubajo taking his place. Just to see if Murphy plays better with him behind him.

I'm surprised to say I'd be tempted to give Dawson the keepers shirt. I think Westwood is still our best keeper but he's been costly so far. Maybe losing his place for a week or two might give him a wake up call. He missed the cross for their goal yesterday by a mile. he was never going to get it. If he'd been close you could argue the point but he wasn't.

Bannan in for Lee purely to avoid over taxing him

3 minutes ago, prowl said:

I'd be wary of playing Hutch so soon after the last game, Luongo to take his place.

Fletcher might need resting so I think we will start with Atdhe. I'm not sure he's the right man in the circumstances so I'd give Rhodes a chance to start and maybe Atdhe to come on depending how it's going.

Iorfa to drop to bench with Odubajo taking his place. Just to see if Murphy plays better with him behind him.

I'm surprised to say I'd be tempted to give Dawson the keepers shirt. I think Westwood is still our best keeper but he's been costly so far. Maybe losing his place for a week or two might give him a wake up call. He missed the cross for their goal yesterday by a mile. he was never going to get it. If he'd been close you could argue the point but he wasn't.

Bannan in for Lee purely to avoid over taxing him

I didn’t think about resting Hutchinson too, but yes that makes total sense.

FF Reach Luongo Bannan Harris is pretty tasty.

Guest Jack the Hat
7 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Do you think Winnall looks like a lone central striker?

I don’t think he offers even as much as Rhodes.

I would try Rhodes. Then I would try Nuhiu. Then I would consider 442.

He runs around a lot and scores headers, so yes. As much as I would love to see Rhodes do well I just can’t see it happening unless he puts himself about more

Guest gizowl
3 hours ago, s6 owl said:

Westwood

Odubajo Lees Borner Palmer

Bannan Hutch Luongo

Harris     Fletcher    Murphy

That looks good to me, possibly Nando for Murphy. 

Westwood

Moses Lees Borner Palmer

Luongo Hutch Bannan

Harris Fletcher FF

Dawson

Iorfa

Lee/Joey

Reach

Murphy

Winnall

Nuihu

Don't see how we can risk Lee having been out for so long. We need the bigger picture with him. Could argue same for hutch but I've given him the benefit here. 

I've dropped Reach and Murphy as I think Bannan and FF are better options for this game and having Murphy with his pace would be better off the bench for this one. 

Fletch should get 60/70 as don't want to burn him out, but not sure others could play as a loan striker (although I think winnall could, tho suspect Bullen would differ in opinion).