Bullen trying to be too clever

1 hour ago, DuncOwl said:

I'm absolutely astonished by some people's blindness. We didnt have 1 decent chance yesterday. To say tactically naive would be being very kind on Bullen. He had absolutely no idea how to deal with Milwall... his subs were ridiculous. Take both full backs off and put hutch and reach at full backs. Then replace hutch with Luongo. I'm sorry, but anyone still wanting bullen as manager obviously doesn't know what they are on about

WTF:

1 hour ago, torres said:

Wasn’t my point pal really. (Poor explanation on my behalf)

I was suggesting that if Bullen was picking players to combat their physicality then those 3 are the least physical players we have. 

We could have only potentially added one more player in terms of physicality, Adthe, who for his height, isn't particularly great in the air and who with yesterday's ref, would have been giving fouls away every 2 mins.

Our weakness as a team is in the air both in attack and in defence against this sort of team.  We should have been driving in crosses yesterday low and hard across the box because we had no chance (mainly) going high and when we did get in shooting positions they made it easy for the keeper.

Taking nothing away from either side second half though, they dug in and we kept going although frustration got the better of us (daft fouls) last 10/15 mins.

The worst thing that happened yesterday was the sending off simple as that 

Millwall sat deep, 9 men behind the ball and defended excellently barely venturing forward at all the 2nd half 

I think had Wallace stayed on they would have been less defensive 

I love all the smarties coming out of the woodwork with 20/20 hindsight none of whom felt able to voice their opinion BEFORE kick-off what with them being such shrinking violets 

A caller on PorG called our Line-up defensive, ye rite 2 changes made it defensive apparently, swapping the Keeper which i'm certain noone disagreed with and swapping a fullback for .........................a fullback migod how clever was Bullen feeling doing that 

As for FF i like him i think he should be in the frame for a starting position but like everyone in this thread i don't know why Bullen and his staff made the decision to not pick him in the squad but thats what they are paid for .

Winnall what has he done to deserve such cult status ? i wish someone would tell me, every chance he's had to stake a claim he's blown, personally i'd have Nuhiu  in instead of Winnall every day and twice on Sundays 

Rhodes had a very decent pre season and with the width we have now in the side he MAY come good at last or he may not,either way that again is where the Management team earn their corn 

Edited by Lawrie Madden

30 minutes ago, Bluey9 said:

If so , I will eat humble pie , but I dont expect us to !

I dont either. I have reservations too. Especially about the lack of support staff he has. But if he is within touching distance of play offs after 20 games then he has earnt the right to job in my opinion. Absolutely no guarantees of anyone new doing a better job.

59 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

The worst thing that happened yesterday was the sending off simple as that 

Millwall sat deep, 9 men behind the ball and defended excellently barely venturing forward at all the 2nd half 

I think had Wallace stayed on they would have been less defensive 

I love all the smarties coming out of the woodwork with 20/20 hindsight none of whom felt able to voice their opinion BEFORE kick-off what with them being such shrinking violets 

A caller on PorG called our Line-up defensive, ye rite 2 changes made it defensive apparently, swapping the Keeper which i'm certain noone disagreed with and swapping a fullback for .........................a fullback migod how clever was Bullen feeling doing that 

As for FF i like him i think he should be in the frame for a starting position but like everyone in this thread i don't know why Bullen and his staff made the decision to not pick him in the squad but thats what they are paid for .

Winnall what has he done to deserve such cult status ? i wish someone would tell me, every chance he's had to stake a claim he's blown, personally i'd have Nuhiu  in instead of Winnall every day and twice on Sundays 

Rhodes had a very decent pre season and with the width we have now in the side he MAY come good at last or he may not,either way that again is where the Management team earn their corn 

IMO spot on.

As for PorG participants, enough said.

3 hours ago, gillyno9 said:

Don’t understand this love for winall. He has little in the way of attributes to suit our current system. 

No great pace

not particularly strong in the air

not a target man

little or no skill

only thing I can think of is his link up play is decent a (little) bit like hooper.

he should have been moved on in the summer. His wages must have been the sticking point to potential suitors 

better strike rate than any of our current strikers

3 hours ago, Craig enock said:

Before anyone says anything I thinknbullen should get the job , but I'm disappointed with our team selection yesterday and our bench .... i know millwall play a long ball game but surely the way we've played in our first 2 games we should have just gone there and played are game ... swapping iorfa for odebejo was a wrong call , and not having winnall and forestieri on bench wasn't great either .... bullen has my full support ..  I just think you can worry too much about the other team and forget what we do well .. wawaw

Bullen is trying to be a football genius. Only one man is. 

HIM!

The Ginger Genius. 

garymegson

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

better strike rate than any of our current strikers

Before he came to us 

Every chance he's had to stake his claim he's done the total sum of nothing 

A striker who is on the fringe when he gets a chance should be busting a gut to make it impossible for the manager to ignore him Winnall doesn't 

Guest Ferkorf

I think its just one of those games. I personally dont want Bully as manager but games like this happen where the players dont take chances so I cant throw him under the bus. We need to just take what positives we can and move on to tuesday night then hopefully we can bag another 3 points