Bullen trying to be too clever

Just now, doubleo said:

I agree. I always wanted Rhodes to be a success but it’s just not happened for him. Hate to say it but when he came on against Barnsley he went missing - always the wrong side of the marking player and never ruffled their feathers - it’s as though he’s hiding. Gives the thumbs up for crosses and balls to chase but somehow never quite gets there.

I think everyone wanted/wants him to succeed. Big money move, striker with a record, has a great professional attitude 

But that’s blinded a lot of people and it seems the staff too. 

Sub appearances are never easy, but as a forward you have to put yourself about and for want of a better phrase become a nuisance 

He looks like he’s about to have major back surgery-the Tin man moved with more grace and ease 

I can’t remember the last time he made a little bit of space for himself and had an effort at goal. 

When Nuhiu is the better option you have to question his involvement in the squad 

30 minutes ago, Worksop Wednesday said:

wasn't there but thought strange use of subs yesterday

brought Iorfa back in from start but subbed at half time - did he have a knock, fitness issue, at fault for goal ? - but seemingly was in order to get Bannan on which did make sense as they were down to 10

but reach at left full /wing back - don't like that - so why then not take Palmer off rather than swap him to right back for Iorfa?

Then Palmer is subbed anyway - saving a red maybe ? but so we end up with 2 full backs on bench Moses and albeit the much maligned Fox, and 2 midfielders Hutch and Reach playing at full back who might be considered all round better players but on paper it's round and square' uns................... again !

In isolation, the first sub did seem a bit strange. But actually all three made sense. With hindsight, Nuhiu instead of Rhodes, but Rhodes for Lee was a sensible substitution.

Most of the second half we played 2-5-3. With Rhodes it was more 2-4-4.

The much maligned Fox, and much improved Palmer, are oft critised for their poor crosses and attacking play. Reach and Hutchinson offered more in the opponents half. Had we made a straightforward Bannan for Hutch (instead of Iorfa) I think we'd have lost a lot of the control that we had. 

I'm absolutely astonished by some people's blindness. We didnt have 1 decent chance yesterday. To say tactically naive would be being very kind on Bullen. He had absolutely no idea how to deal with Milwall... his subs were ridiculous. Take both full backs off and put hutch and reach at full backs. Then replace hutch with Luongo. I'm sorry, but anyone still wanting bullen as manager obviously doesn't know what they are on about

40 minutes ago, gillyno9 said:

Don’t understand this love for winall. He has little in the way of attributes to suit our current system. 

No great pace

not particularly strong in the air

not a target man

little or no skill

only thing I can think of is his link up play is decent a (little) bit like hooper.

he should have been moved on in the summer. His wages must have been the sticking point to potential suitors 

Think hes on about 15k a week, hardly massive wages in the championship

4 minutes ago, DuncOwl said:

I'm absolutely astonished by some people's blindness. We didnt have 1 decent chance yesterday. To say tactically naive would be being very kind on Bullen. He had absolutely no idea how to deal with Milwall... his subs were ridiculous. Take both full backs off and put hutch and reach at full backs. Then replace hutch with Luongo. I'm sorry, but anyone still wanting bullen as manager obviously doesn't know what they are on about

Ask you on Tuesday if we beat Luton

Have to agree with @DuncOwl Bullen showed a lack of tactical nous. He’s been out thought by Harris I’m afraid.

Bannan makes us tick so if he’s fit he plays.First five minutes of the second half and he’s already played two or three great passes which opened the game up a bit.

I don’t know what he’s doing with Forestieri but this game was crying out for that bit of quality that he can come up with.

Harris was doing very well against their right back but Murphy was not doing much against their left back. I think Harris would have murdered their left back and why they did not switch wings I do not know.

would still prefer the team to be based around a central midfield three of:

Bannan.                     Lee

Hutchinson 

rather than:

Reach

Lee.           Hutchinson 

1 hour ago, Craig enock said:

Before anyone says anything I thinknbullen should get the job , but I'm disappointed with our team selection yesterday and our bench .... i know millwall play a long ball game but surely the way we've played in our first 2 games we should have just gone there and played are game ... swapping iorfa for odebejo was a wrong call , and not having winnall and forestieri on bench wasn't great either .... bullen has my full support ..  I just think you can worry too much about the other team and forget what we do well .. wawaw

He was trying to be too clever , I agree,  but I disagree with him getting the job, let him make his mistakes at a lower league club and then come back to Wednesday when hes served his apprenticeship,  like Wilder at Bumhole Lane.

Just my opinion ! 

I think we saw the Lee Bullen today that we saw when CC went.

You will recall he had a great win away at Forest on Boxing Day 2017 then changed the team in a major way and three days later the side got taken apart at Brentford.

Then the Burton Albion at home debacle followed.

If Bannan was fit he should have started yesterday. The giant CB Cooper dominated Fletcher and later Rhodes.

The game was crying out for FF.

Bullen should stay on the coaching team and now the momentum seems to be to try and get the Cowleys out of Lincoln.