Bullen trying to be too clever

Before anyone says anything I thinknbullen should get the job , but I'm disappointed with our team selection yesterday and our bench .... i know millwall play a long ball game but surely the way we've played in our first 2 games we should have just gone there and played are game ... swapping iorfa for odebejo was a wrong call , and not having winnall and forestieri on bench wasn't great either .... bullen has my full support ..  I just think you can worry too much about the other team and forget what we do well .. wawaw

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Craig enock said:

Before anyone says anything I thinknbullen should get the job , but I'm disappointed with our team selection yesterday and our bench .... i know millwall play a long ball game but surely the way we've played in our first 2 games we should have just gone there and played are game ... swapping iorfa for odebejo was a wrong call , and not having winnall and forestieri on bench wasn't great either .... bullen has my full support ..  I just think you can worry too much about the other team and forget what we do well .. wawaw

Perhaps winnall and FF are poo in training and dont merit a place on the bench.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

wasn't there but thought strange use of subs yesterday

brought Iorfa back in from start but subbed at half time - did he have a knock, fitness issue, at fault for goal ? - but seemingly was in order to get Bannan on which did make sense as they were down to 10

but reach at left full /wing back - don't like that - so why then not take Palmer off rather than swap him to right back for Iorfa?

Then Palmer is subbed anyway - saving a red maybe ? but so we end up with 2 full backs on bench Moses and albeit the much maligned Fox, and 2 midfielders Hutch and Reach playing at full back who might be considered all round better players but on paper it's round and square' uns................... again !

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Craig enock said:

I posted ahead of kick-off that playing both wingers was very attacking.

I think you do Bully a disservice. He stuck to his 433. He stuck to two flying attacking wingers. We had 21 shots v 3. We camped in their half. Iorfa for Moses was the only nod to Millwall’s tactics and even then you could argue that Iorfa is more attacking than Moses.

Hindsight is great. But in reality we massively dominated an away game, and it is only bcos we conceded a bad goal and failed to convert from total control that we are licking our wounds today.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Craig enock said:

I may be mistaken, but I thought FF was sitting out a 6 match ban?.

1 minute ago, torres said:

Dropping FF from the squad because Millwall are “a physical team” is a questionable decision 

If that’s his thinking to match fire with fire, then Reach, Rhodes and Murphy should have stayed at home too 

Reach had a decent game.  Rhodes went close and should have had a penalty. Murphy struggled a bit against his full back and his crossing/shooting was iffy but he wasn't the only one.

8 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I think you do Bully a disservice. He stuck to his 433. He stuck to two flying attacking wingers. We had 21 shots v 3. We camped in their half. Iorfa for Moses was the only nod to Millwall’s tactics and even then you could argue that Iorfa is more attacking than Moses.

Hindsight is great. But in reality we massively dominated an away game, and it is only bcos we conceded a bad goal and failed to convert from total control that we are licking our wounds today.

100% this, why when we lose do we try to find something that isn't there,.   We played 100% the same way as we did against Barnsley and Reading, 433, wing play, tons of possession, tons of crosses and scuffed shots, end result simply lacking today. And again an uncharacteristic error by Westwood cost us, they offered little other than that. We didn't get the rub of the green at times BUT Millwall defended like lions and deserve credit for that., weve done similar in past games. Bring on Luton.

• Like 1

Don’t understand this love for winall. He has little in the way of attributes to suit our current system. 

No great pace

not particularly strong in the air

not a target man

little or no skill

only thing I can think of is his link up play is decent a (little) bit like hooper.

he should have been moved on in the summer. His wages must have been the sticking point to potential suitors 

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

Reach had a decent game.  Rhodes went close and should have had a penalty. Murphy struggled a bit against his full back and his crossing/shooting was iffy but he wasn't the only one.

Wasn’t my point pal really. (Poor explanation on my behalf)

I was suggesting that if Bullen was picking players to combat their physicality then those 3 are the least physical players we have. 

4 minutes ago, gillyno9 said:

Don’t understand this love for winall. He has little in the way of attributes to suit our current system. 

No great pace

not particularly strong in the air

not a target man

little or no skill

only thing I can think of is his link up play is decent a (little) bit like hooper.

he should have been moved on in the summer. His wages must have been the sticking point to potential suitors 

See above for Rhodes (apart from link up play comment) 

5 minutes ago, torres said:

See above for Rhodes (apart from link up play comment) 

I agree. I always wanted Rhodes to be a success but it’s just not happened for him. Hate to say it but when he came on against Barnsley he went missing - always the wrong side of the marking player and never ruffled their feathers - it’s as though he’s hiding. Gives the thumbs up for crosses and balls to chase but somehow never quite gets there.

30 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Fair analysis mate , I didn't want it too sound ruthless cuz I think bullen is doing a decent job 

• Thanks 1