Judge Bullen over 10 games

9 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Who should he bring in to assure autos then ?

And do we sack him/her after 3 games if they lose one

You wont get an answer to that for obvious reasons. He doesnt know.

How anyone can be expecting automatic promotion is beyond me at the moment. If we are in top three or four in 30 games time then thats a different story. 

3 hours ago, 442 said:

No thanks.

10 games is a lot of points to gamble with.

I don't go along with that line of thinking, it's a gamble whoever we have in charge for those 10 games. Appointing a 'proven' manager doesn't guarantee any additional points.

If we'd been performing poorly and lost all of Bullen's caretaker games then I'd agree that it would be a big risk to allow him 10 games to turn performances around, but he hasn't. He's actually got us performing at play-off level when combining all of his caretaker games (nearly a quarter of a season now) and has certainly earned the right to see how he can do over the next 6-8 games or so.

I might be able to agree with you if it was a gamble between Lee Bullen and Rafa Benitez, but it isn't. Apponting Rowett (as much as I would like him here) is no less of a gamble than sticking with Bullen for now.

3 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

One of the more convincing stats touted on here that has largely proved true is that unless you go on a mad run like Villa did last year, you need to get well past 20 points from your first 15 games or you can forget play offs/ promotion.

On that basis, I suppose my concern is it will be hard for Bully to do 10 games on a match by match basis.TBH it would be better for Chansiri to say: “You are in charge for ten games and if you get x points you’ve got the job for the season, if not we are stuffed and so are you.”*

*If anyone else needs management advice just PM me, reasonable rates. 

It was a "hirst" username and the stats were very interesting...if not compelling..

43 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

I don't go along with that line of thinking, it's a gamble whoever we have in charge for those 10 games. Appointing a 'proven' manager doesn't guarantee any additional points.

If we'd been performing poorly and lost all of Bullen's caretaker games then I'd agree that it would be a big risk to allow him 10 games to turn performances around, but he hasn't. He's actually got us performing at play-off level when combining all of his caretaker games (nearly a quarter of a season now) and has certainly earned the right to see how he can do over the next 6-8 games or so.

I might be able to agree with you if it was a gamble between Lee Bullen and Rafa Benitez, but it isn't. Apponting Rowett (as much as I would like him here) is no less of a gamble than sticking with Bullen for now.

I totally agree.

I just don’t think Bullen wants the job permanently. He’s just moved into a new house and has his business in Sheffield.

If he takes the head coach role he has two years max left at Sheffield Wednesday. Whereas doing what he was doing before he could have a decade.

It’s not in his best interests to take the job so It needs sorting quickly.

No I’ve seen enough in the 3 games already to see that Bullen is out of his depth. We did ok in first 2 games but wheels came off against Millwall and if that’s what we can expect coming up against any “decent” team in the league then it’s going to be a long season. 

As someone in another thread pointed out if we'd drawn at Reading, beaten Barnsley and drawn at Millwall people would be relatively happy despite a point less, we did more than enough to win in London and a result v Luton puts us back on track, he deserves 10 games minimum.

On 18/08/2019 at 08:06, runningaround said:

what would be an acceptable point total to give him full time?

27 :Chansiri:

Ok a tad harsh. 25 will do. lol

I think 20. 6 wins, 2 draws, 2 defeats. He manages that, he would get the job for sure.

Luton: 3

PNE: 1

QPR: 3

Huddersfield: 3

Fulham: 1

Middleboro: 0

Hull: 3

Not too crazy?

Solskjaer?

Chansiri is giving Bullen a chance to see how fairs they will have no doubt had talks.

Give him the job now in Chansiri's eyes is a risk now wait and see how well he performs then decide if an offer is worth making and Bullen will know what's at stake and where he would prefer to head career wise 

On 18/08/2019 at 08:06, runningaround said:

As above title

what would be an acceptable point total to give him full time? Tbh if it isnt an up and coming manager it would be lower risk to keep him on.

Would say 6 wins is his target over 10 games. For now would get behind him, not doing a lot wrong.

yep ,leave till we are way off the pace.

brilliant strategy

I'm coming to the conclusion that Chansiri and managerial appointments don't mix.

1. Gray gets a bottom-six outfit to mid-table and gets sacked for his trouble.

2. Appoints Carlos (who?) who attempts to play defensive football with an attack-minded outfit

3. Engages Charlie Chaplin who attempts to play total football at the back with one of the poorest defences in the division.

4. Finally gets it right with Bruce, but by an incredible stroke of ill luck loses him.

5. Considers giving manager's job to Bullen, a man with no managerial experience whatsoever, running the risk of losing available managers to other clubs whilst he dithers.

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, 1867_OWL said:

Solskjaer?

Chansiri is giving Bullen a chance to see how fairs they will have no doubt had talks.

Give him the job now in Chansiri's eyes is a risk now wait and see how well he performs then decide if an offer is worth making and Bullen will know what's at stake and where he would prefer to head career wise 

If you'd used a bit of punctuation I might have understood your post.