We all knew it would happen.

I think Bullen could do a job here but when we’ve just had someone as experienced and proven as Bruce where his decisions were largely accepted on this basis, it will make it harder for Bullen. After each bad game the credentials will be questioned which is why I’d go for one of the external candidates now.

7 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I think Bullen could do a job here but when we’ve just had someone as experienced and proven as Bruce where his decisions were largely accepted on this basis, it will make it harder for Bullen. After each bad game the credentials will be questioned which is why I’d go for one of the external candidates now.

The same cun...err people will be questioning the manager whoever it is...it's what they do. 

• Like 1

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

The same cun...err people will be questioning the manager whoever it is...it's what they do. 

Will never be completely free of that, and it’s all part of being a football fan to an extent, but with Bullen I think it will be even more prevalent.

Bullen may be a fantastic manager or he may be absolutely terrible, I’d feel far more comfortable if he found that out managing at another club tbh.

If he does get the job here it’s not because he’s the best candidate, he gets it by default. There’s far better options out there and if we have had the number of applicants rumoured for the job then going with Bully would be like that time we picked JVA from 200 defenders.

7 hours ago, slinger208b said:

The "downvote" as you refer to it, is actually "disagree", i'm guessing as a way to reduce the amount of posts.

I disagree that decisions like that should be explained.

Get over yourself...

Well why don’t you say that instead of pressing down vote you little tippy tickler now 

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Agree with this. Apart from the cun bit.

We have a strong squad and on balance will win far more of the games like yesterday's than we will draw or lose. We didn't have the rub of the green, that's the way it goes.

For what it's worth, (not much I know,) I think it may have been better to have Nuhiu and FF on the pitch second half to try to break down a very physical Milwall defence.

I can understand why DC is dragging his heals. Working on the basis he hasn’t found anyone willing to take the job who meets all DCs criteria, why not give LB more time? Bullen has thrown his hat in the ring, but he’s no track record apart from his limited previous caretaker periods. His previous periods in charge showed promise but also suggested he might be fragile when the team suffers a bad defeat.

if I were DC I’d be tempted to give Bullen more time to prove his worth before making a decision. For what it’s worth there’s plenty to love about LB, but I just have doubts about how he’ll cope if we go on a bad run. On another note I reckon most of us would have been very happy had Hughton taken the job, but CH aside there’s nobody else who really stands out and with that in mind I don’t blame DC for taking a longer look at Bullen.

If your go

9 minutes ago, East Yorks Owl said:

I can understand why DC is dragging his heals. Working on the basis he hasn’t found anyone willing to take the job who meets all DCs criteria, why not give LB more time? Bullen has thrown his hat in the ring, but he’s no track record apart from his limited previous caretaker periods. His previous periods in charge showed promise but also suggested he might be fragile when the team suffers a bad defeat.

if I were DC I’d be tempted to give Bullen more time to prove his worth before making a decision. For what it’s worth there’s plenty to love about LB, but I just have doubts about how he’ll cope if we go on a bad run. On another note I reckon most of us would have been very happy had Hughton taken the job, but CH aside there’s nobody else who really stands out and with that in mind I don’t blame DC for taking a longer look at Bullen.

If he’s  going to give Bullen more time he should come out and state his intentions. 

I dont see why he can’t release a statement saying as of yet we have not come to terms with a manager we believe is right for SWFC and while this remains the case Lee will continue to manage first team affairs. 

Something like this just a insight into whats  going on.

Do people honestly think if Lee is in charge for another few games he’s going to be happy when he finally is told where appointing someone. Lee needs to cut his teeth somewhere else in my opinion. The signs are promising in regards to his managerial pedigree but we can’t risk appointing him this season there’s too much at risk. 

Its a shame we can’t loan him out to manage a club for a season or 2. I think he’d be ready should he be successful after more managerial experience. 

Yesterday was a very bad result though to not get a point against 10 men for 50 mins should always be seen as poor especially with the attacking quality we have.

one last thing he goes on about how tough they are and we need to match them but doesn’t bring Nuihu on... mind boggles 

Edited by ...

2 minutes ago, ... said:

If your go

If he going to give Bullen more time he should come out and state is intentions. 

I dont see why he can’t release a statement saying as of yet we have not come to terms with a manager we believe is right for SWFC and while this remains the case Lee will continue to manage first team affairs. 

Something like this just s insight into wjdts going on.

do people honestly think of lees in charge for another few games he’s going to be happy when he finally is told where appointing someone. Lee needs to cut his teeth somewhere else in my opinion. The sights are promising in regards to his managerial pedigree but we can’t risk appointing him this season there’s too much at risk. 

Its a shame we can’t loan him out to manage a club for a season or 2. I think he’d be ready should he be successful after more managerial experience. 

Yesterday was a very bad result though to not get a point against 10 men for 50 mins should always be seen as poor especially with the attacking quality we have.

one last thing he goes on about how tough they are and we need to match them but doesn’t bring Nuihu on... mind boggles 

I suppose DC might still be interviewing/searching for his perfect candidate so giving LB an official trial period would make things very difficult if DC then found his ideal man. The current situation can’t go on forever, but for the time being I can see why DC is allowing it to continue. 

2 minutes ago, East Yorks Owl said:

I suppose DC might still be interviewing/searching for his perfect candidate so giving LB an official trial period would make things very difficult if DC then found his ideal man. The current situation can’t go on forever, but for the time being I can see why DC is allowing it to continue. 

Agreed but if that is the case just let us know and then Lee knows too

If we want to progress this squad to a higher level then Bullen is not your man. And no I can't prove that categorically. Equally not sure from the possible names on the list any of those would actually do a better job than Bullen.

But I don't want us to opt for an average manager as we will just sit mid table

3 minutes ago, ... said:

Agreed but if that is the case just let us know and then Lee knows too

I suppose because nothing has changed since LB took temporary charge, DC has nothing to announce. In reality his search for a manager and LBs caretaker role continues as well. In a way making his trial less official might actually suit LB as there won’t be the same feeling of rejection if DC appoints another manager. Also as things stand I reckon LB would be happy to revert to his coaching role if a new manager came in.

8 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

I think what is making folk nervous and will continue to do so is that we know Bully wasn’t first choice and we also know he has not been in a position to plan properly. In that sense a decision either way as Dotty says would be better. 

On the other matter, I do like the guy but if he left out FF cos he thinks Dave is better, then we may as well send Fessi out on loan - I can’t see it ending well. 

I don’t think that’s what happened, Bullen suggested because of the type of game we were going to get (physical, bit of needle in challenges) he thought Nuhiu would be better off the bench.not the worst reasoning in my view. For me, FF should have been on the bench with one of Nuhiu or Rhodes 

This is not about the personnel who came on as subs but more about the formation that LB decided to carry on with, nor is it meant as a LB bashing. 

What worried me about yesterday's second half substitutions was

What did he change until 65 mins? 

Baz for Dom = Hutch at RB, still 433

Luongo for Liam = Reach at LB, still 433

65 mins Rhodes for Lee = 442.

65 minutes in before we decided to put a second striker on the pitch against a team that was defending for their lives. 

As people have already questioned in other Fred's, does LB have the tactical nounce to change things for the better during a game when things aren't quite working. 

I do have have to say I don't think we would have scored even if we were still playing now no matter what the formation. 

Longer it takes DC to make the decision, the more likely he’ll have to give it to Bullen. The jobs been available since the summer, he’s had the time and the chance to appoint someone but he hasn’t. I doubt Rowett would be as keen now because he knows if DC really wanted him, he’d be installed by now. I think Bullen will get it now and it will either go down as a inspired decision or another DC car crash of an appointment?

8 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

Tbh I don't really care about the button and gave you a green 1.

Don't call me an idiot though, ok

there are too many when stating a point sadly have to refer to 'personal abuse' in an attempt to get their point over.

I always find 'aiming slurs' at other posters a sign of 'limited ability' in their argument or debate.

9 hours ago, ... said:

The first game Bullen lost people would start to doubt him. Whats making worse is that we still have no idea if Chansiri actually wants Bullen to be the manager or is he doing one of the following

• Seeing how Bullen Does short term.
  • Lining someone up and its taking time.
  • Not doing anything 

If he had appointed Bullen this week I honestly think the reaction to the loss would be slightly better as we would all know he's the manager and we have to get behind him but the club hasn't and whilst ever it stays like this people are going to get worse and worse.

We need to appoint a manager next week, There are many managers that would love this job. Rowett was lined up and begged for it but suddenly he's not good enough so who is..... Bullen well judging by today he's not because when you don't include your best player in the entire squad that's normally a bad idea especially in a game that just needed on e bit of quality to open up Millwall.

They always say its the not knowing that kills you and its certainly true in this case, Chansiri as given no indication on whats going on and until someone is officially appointed its only going to get worse. 

We need someone to get behind.

The fact he hasn't appointed him speaks volumes, he is no more than an adequate stop gap.

I honestly believe we are after someone, the big question is who, I pray to God it's not some random European nobody.

13 hours ago, ... said:

Campbell isn't the craziest rumour being banded about hes an High Profile Manager and saved Macclesfield from certain releagtion but he's also a massive risk although he would command respect.

At this point im just about willing to accept anyone, we need a permanent manager its still a very decent start and we need to push on knowing exactly who the guy in charge is and what the future plans are.

He is not a high profile manager by any means.

The only management job he was able to secure was at the club at the very bottom of the 4th level of English football.