Positive Wednesday

Very early days yet and nothing to be taken from the tables as such. But good to see us off to a positive start despite not being able to edge past Millwall today.

1115838070_2019-08-1721_49_10.thumb.png.c9f1b01993ac5bd348eca5a15bbbc3c2.png

Shame really that they had a man sent off, I didn't think they were causing us too many problems despite being 1-0 up. Was quite confident we'd get one back. They were still trying to make it a ding dong and I think that was suiting us, they were leaving little pockets and I thought it would be only a matter of time till we nicked one. Then their lad walks and they play the rest of the game like the last stand at the Alamo. 

We've all seen it happen before up and down the leagues. 

Frustrating that we couldn't make the breakthrough of course. 

Their defensive lines being so deep starved us of that space that the likes of Lee can exploit too with the late surging run beyond. 

Still, we kept knocking on he door and asking questions. 

People will says that's the bear minimum required, but we all know that 

not so long ago we'd have shut up shop and defended the defeat!

Two wins and one loss.

Not a bad start all things considered. 

Some will say it's been an easy start. But you can only play what's in front of you. 

What is pleasing to see is that we have shown attacking intent this season so far. Playing on the front foot, going toe to toe with teams and trying to get at them.  Blimey, we've got players running with the ball. That's nice to see. 

Of course all the focus will be on the Luton game now and how we respond to the setback.

Personally I'm in very confident mood. I belive we'll continue to attack teams and for me that is the right way to go about it and despite today's result I don't think we'll change the way we go about things, even if we missed up the personal. 

Positive start to the season. 

Keep it up boys.

KEEP AT IT WEDNESDAY!

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Very early days yet and nothing to be taken from the tables as such. But good to see us off to a positive start despite not being able to edge past Millwall today.

1115838070_2019-08-1721_49_10.thumb.png.c9f1b01993ac5bd348eca5a15bbbc3c2.png

Shame really that they had a man sent off, I didn't think they were causing us too many problems despite being 1-0 up. Was quite confident we'd get one back. They were still trying to make it a ding dong and I think that was suiting us, they were leaving little pockets and I thought it would be only a matter of time till we nicked one. Then their lad walks and they play the rest of the game like the last stand at the Alamo. 

We've all seen it happen before up and down the leagues. 

Frustrating that we couldn't make the breakthrough of course. 

Their defensive lines being so deep starved us of that space that the likes of Lee can exploit too with the late surging run beyond. 

Still, we kept knocking on he door and asking questions. 

People will says that's the bear minimum required, but we all know that 

not so long ago we'd have shut up shop and defended the defeat!

Two wins and one loss.

Not a bad start all things considered. 

Some will say it's been an easy start. But you can only play what's in front of you. 

What is pleasing to see is that we have shown attacking intent this season so far. Playing on the front foot, going toe to toe with teams and trying to get at them.  Blimey, we've got players running with the ball. That's nice to see. 

Of course all the focus will be on the Luton game now and how we respond to the setback.

Personally I'm in very confident mood. I belive we'll continue to attack teams and for me that is the right way to go about it and despite today's result I don't think we'll change the way we go about things, even if we missed up the personal. 

Positive start to the season. 

Keep it up boys.

KEEP AT IT WEDNESDAY!

Still wish we had another striker option. Fletcher with a bit of pace and better attitude than LJ. 

4 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Still wish we had another striker option. Fletcher with a bit of pace and better attitude than LJ. 

Depending where we are in January here might be some movement, we'll just have to wait and see I suppose.

In the mean time keep getting at teams. The three pronged attack seems to be working. Harris, Fletcher and Murphy all off the mark and Reach probably a bit unlucky not to have been. 

Keep attacking and they'll keep nicking them I'm sure.

Bit different today as there was sod all space to exploit after the sending off.

And of course we still have Fernando to come into the side - and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a run out against Luton- He'll thrive in a side that's getting at teams too.

Guest Theboylangers

Decent start but I'd echo a few comments on here recently, I just don't see that we'll score enough goals to challenge for the top 6. 

Unless the defence is ultra tight but I don't see that either. 

I hope I'm very wrong. 

7 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

Decent start but I'd echo a few comments on here recently, I just don't see that we'll score enough goals to challenge for the top 6. 

Unless the defence is ultra tight but I don't see that either. 

I hope I'm very wrong. 

3898x2.jpg

Guest Theboylangers
2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

3898x2.jpg

Ok, we are gonna absolutely wee wee it this season and scrape into 6th place. 

That's the best I can do.

lol

Guest Theboylangers
1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

There's work to be done with you I can see it! But it's a decent start! 

Welcome!

I'm a glass one quarter empty type of guy, comes with supporting us for too long. 

:duntmatter:

6 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

I'm a glass one quarter empty type of guy, comes with supporting us for too long. 

:duntmatter:

You have a positive foundation to build on. You at least accept there's a glass with liquid in it. Some won't accept the glass's existence!

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

You have a positive foundation to build on. You at least accept there's a glass with liquid in it. Some won't accept the glass's existence!

From a philosophical  point of view the glass half empty/half full conundrum is b#llocks......it depends on the initial state of the glass.....if the glass is full and u drink half.....its half empty. If its empty and u half fill it.....its half full.

Yes I've been smoking but im right........1908443640_tenor(33).gif.b7bfefebd93066da4786ba8b71313f2b.gif

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WindygrOWLer said:

From a philosophical  point of view the glass half empty/half full conundrum is b#llocks......it depends on the initial state of the glass.....if the glass is full and u drink half.....its half empty. If its empty and u half fill it.....its half full.

Yes I've been smoking but im right........1908443640_tenor(33).gif.b7bfefebd93066da4786ba8b71313f2b.gif

Ahh, the old Jamaican woodbines. ...

• Haha 4

We were poor today. We never really threatened even while we controlled the whole game.

That's not the most disappointing part of today though. Sometimes you can have days when it just doesn't click going forward no matter how much you dominate. However, when you have those days it's imperative you don't make mistakes at the other end. We made a very big mistake against a very obvious  threat.

It really is frustrating how poorly we defended that corner. Thinking about it will ruin my week. Need to shut that shit out.

1 hour ago, Pale Rider said:

I hope that the extra striker option is not going to be our downfall. We have so many forwards but no real goal scorer. We really need the Rhodes of 4 seasons ago. Harris and Murphy with Reach and Lee providing the chances would have been ideal for Rhodes then. If we arent going to give Winnall a chance this could be the perfect time for a last chance for Rhodes to have a run of say 6 straight starts with express orders to be on the last man and concentrate solely on getting on crosses and poaching in and around goal area. If its still not working out we know he just not going to work out for what he was bought for.

Frustrating day all round.

I don't want to be too critical of LB, at least he made changes in a bid to chase a positive result, you could actually see him getting exasperated at the poor decision making of the players. On top of that their execution was poor and the quality of our final ball was worse. KH had a half decent game and whilst he looked our best outlet, he was actually up against a decent fullback. 

If as LB say's it's our intention to utilise JR then we should be concerned. I've never knocked him on here, but not only does he look bereft of confidence but also his movement and mobility were dire. Usually with a striker you'd say he needs a goal, even one off his ar5e but with JR it's difficult to see anything improving him. Certainly, if the fans in the ground get exasperated with him as they no doubt will at some point there'd almost be no way back.

Edited by Morepork