One contender about to be snapped up

7 minutes ago, steveraper said:

Nope, but the whole place seems toxic.

tbh I see them as a side with big money to spend (parachute).

who gained promotion and stayed the first premier season without any attack to call anything average let alone good.

so IF the nucleus of that promotion winning and premier surviving side is still there, it may only need a potent attack adding, and some confidence reinstalling.

11 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

They spent 42.5m in total on two wingers and a centre-half who all look bang average.

Don't think they've made a good signing for a while now. 

Lost Aaron Mooy too who is a top player at this level. 

3 hours ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

I cant see it myself... and IF they did I can see him probably being named as our head coach. I just hope he gets to bring in some staff to help him if he gets the job.

agree,he is a coach,great when stuff going well but not experienced enough for me,also player pulling power not really good enough for what we need imo.good stop gap tho

5 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Yeah that one game is the basis to judge him.

i'll judge him on that one game (where he did a carlos, of one bad idea, and kept doing it when it was failing) and on the fact I work with a number of dingles who aren't exactly 100% in their support of him by far. 

the nigh on 70% ball retention, allied to a sizeable defeat in which they were constantly shut down by an older side tells me mr. stendel isn't the hot chocolate some wanted to proclaim him as.

I don't personally think bullen has proved himself yet, but he should be way ahead of stendel.

why what basis do you judge him on?, the number of times they get shut down in their half ****ing about on the ball instead of attacking the opposition?

'modern football', way to go.

7 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Not interested who they get, they won't get Hughton as there squad is worse than ours!

They'll be lucky to finish mid table this season!

Just been on their forum for a nosey... most of them convinced Hughton will come.

Poisoned chalice there this season - bang average squad and high expectations from fans. 

5 hours ago, Beholder said:

I think that situation was different.

McCauley didn't throw his hat in the ring and hadn't stepped in about three times before like Bullen has. 

The issue with a new one would be that as soon as losses happen it would be "we should have given it to Bully"

I just think Bullen (by luck perhaps) has ended up in a position where it would seem wrong not to give it him.

Right place right time and all that. 

Maybe yeah, but that means there’s no going back for him. But on the concept of a manager coming in when a team is doing well under a caretaker it can work, we’ve seen it a couple of times mcauley laws, shreeves atkinson spring to mind.