Shirt sponsorship worth

2 minutes ago, Junglejay said:

Surely D-Taxis are in the running for our Shirt sponsorship.  Well I assume they will be one they've actually managed to purchase their first Taxi. 

Coming soon :Chansiri:

Actually City taxis was advertised at first home game and no mention of d-taxis. So i think it will never be coming. RIP.

1 minute ago, tarn owl said:

Coming soon :Chansiri:

Actually City taxis was advertised at first home game and no mention of d-taxis. So i think it will never be coming. RIP.

Genius by Chansiri, creates a bidding war between two firms for the shirt sponsorship. :Chansiri:

I'd love to see Gibsons face if either one of these firms ended up on our shirts having gone through a bidding war against each other, with the winner finally agreeing to pay £25m for their name on our shirt - whilst not owning a single car between them.   

1 hour ago, Markowski77 said:

and people wonder why there is an issue with young kids/teenagers having issues with gambling from an early age 

I can understand your point of view as betting is always 'shoved in your face' but I completely disagree. 

Free country and no one is forced to make bets, go into betting shops, download apps to bet etc. I rarely bet and have personally avoided betting apps on my phone as I know myself well and understand it would not be a good thing for me to have. I smoked for 10 years and if I have ill health when Im older I would not blame the cigarette companies. It is my own fault. 

No one these days accepts responsibility - and I'm a millennial. 

54 minutes ago, matt68owls said:

If chansiri wants to plough money in to the club, what is stopping him sponsoring the club for £20 million per year?

if it was that easy every owner with money would do that ,there must be some maximum amount that you can spend on shirt sponsorship or it comes into 39 million losses over 3years. 

2 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

and people wonder why there is an issue with young kids/teenagers having issues with gambling from an early age 

gambling is a huge issue in this country ,even the elderly with issues get themselves high into debt and those dodgy gambling places let them come in give them tea and cake and make a killing on a pensioner with an addiction ,as long as  the government is getting tax that's all they care about ,gambling causes huge problems for many. me personally if ive earned my wage there is no way those parasites are getting owt of me. 

3 minutes ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

100% surely they pay ground naming rights too so the sponsorship wouldnt reflect correctly.  

Yeah they've given them tonnes of money over a long period, it's not going to look the same as a one-year shirt deal. 

Guest Bulgaria

I've always had an accumulator on the footie since I was allowed into the bookies.

Since internet betting has become the norm now, I find myself checking my bets rather than actually enjoying the games. I don't have daft money on, 10 quid every week on numerous accumulators and the amount of times a last minute goal goes against me is uncanny.

My internet was out one Saturday last year, and after the sweat of not being able to place my bets wore off I actually enjoyed the day more than usual.

I think that's says it all.

Anyway... My bets for tomorrow!!!

Blackburn

Barnet

Blackpool

Walsall

Barnsley draw

Owls draw.

1 hour ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

I can understand your point of view as betting is always 'shoved in your face' but I completely disagree. 

Free country and no one is forced to make bets, go into betting shops, download apps to bet etc. I rarely bet and have personally avoided betting apps on my phone as I know myself well and understand it would not be a good thing for me to have. I smoked for 10 years and if I have ill health when Im older I would not blame the cigarette companies. It is my own fault. 

No one these days accepts responsibility - and I'm a millennial. 

I understand your point of view totally - I love a good bet and have an acca every weekend 

However betting is glamourised by football, it’s everywhere. Betting isn’t a bad thing on the whole and should be enjoyable , but unfortunately kids of 18,19,20,21,22 shouldn’t have it rammed down their throat every ad break, or billboard, people can easily spend money they can’t afford on betting. The companies make it look the cool thing to do. 

Its just my opinion, and having a bet should be fun but I can easily see why problems start

2 hours ago, Junglejay said:

Genius by Chansiri, creates a bidding war between two firms for the shirt sponsorship. :Chansiri:

I'd love to see Gibsons face if either one of these firms ended up on our shirts having gone through a bidding war against each other, with the winner finally agreeing to pay £25m for their name on our shirt - whilst not owning a single car between them.   

I see you're not from Sheffield.  City is by far the city's largest taxi firm.  It's got it's own app and everything.