Love Bully

• Like 1

I'd bring back in Westwood and put Luongo in for Lee or Reach. I'd have Bannan on the bench. A strong bench might win us the game.

Need to fill our team with pace and get at them. 

Bullen should pick himself in goal, given how the 2006 game went. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/4657406.stm I was there and the Wednesday fans got funnelled on to a train straight to London Bridge, despite us living 400 yds from the New Den!

(PS Look at the state of that team - Gilbert at LB, Barry Corr up front and BO'B on the left. It's a minor miracle that we stayed up that season)

• Haha 1

BOB - a truly dreadful player!  Dark days.

Makes a change to listen to a full press conference and being able to understand everything the managers saying.

3 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Makes a change to listen to a full press conference and being able to understand everything the managers saying.

I agree!

Bruce's geordie vowels were almost indecipherable.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Dooogs said:

Bullen should pick himself in goal, given how the 2006 game went. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/4657406.stm I was there and the Wednesday fans got funnelled on to a train straight to London Bridge, despite us living 400 yds from the New Den!

(PS Look at the state of that team - Gilbert at LB, Barry Corr up front and BO'B on the left. It's a minor miracle that we stayed up that season)

Sheff Wed manager Paul Sturrock:
"I think that is about the eighth position Bullen has played in this season.

"Everyone else get excited when someone else goes in goal but often they are rarely tested.

"Now we are down to the bare bones again so I may have to have a word with my chairman.

Good to see some things never change!

For some reason, we seemed to have had more crap players at left-back than any other position over the last 20 years. Jon Beswetherick, Paul Gilbert, Paul Smith, Julian Bennett, Daniel Jones, Rhoys Wiggins... they all make Morgan Fox look like Roberto Carlos.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha 1

4-3-3 again, 4-2-3-1 didn't work for west brom, though they will be relegated cos they couldn't beat millwall. Because, as we know if you can't beat millwall you are in big bob ba...fulham are due for a relegation battle anall....

lol

4 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Sorry thats just guff 

He has as much chance of getting injured in any game , people are making out as if the players have the same reputation as their fans 

Are you Carlos?

Bullen said we need to take it steady with Lee because he is coming back from serious injury.

As yet he hasn’t done the full 90 mins in the league

He is therefore unlikely to start 2 games on Saturday/Tuesday . 

If he can all well and good .

However if we want to start him in one I would pick the home game and play the more physical Luongo at Millwall. 

There are 43 games after Saturday, would be great if Lee is available for all of them.

• Agree 3

11 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

4-3-3 again, 4-2-3-1 didn't work for west brom, though they will be relegated cos they couldn't beat millwall. Because, as we know if you can't beat millwall you are in big bob ba...fulham are due for a relegation battle anall....

lol

When I watched the highlights Millwall gave WB a lot of space down the wings, no closing down or anything. If they try the same were going to have a field day.

Nice to have these choices in the squad. 

I think Luongo will come in, and probably love it... maybe getting up to support Fletcher. 

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

Are you Carlos?

Bullen said we need to take it steady with Lee because he is coming back from serious injury.

As yet he hasn’t done the full 90 mins in the league

He is therefore unlikely to start 2 games on Saturday/Tuesday . 

If he can all well and good .

However if we want to start him in one I would pick the home game and play the more physical Luongo at Millwall. 

There are 43 games after Saturday, would be great if Lee is available for all of them.

Are you Jos ? 

How do YOU know Luongo is 100% match fit ? 

Apparently he was not involved in QPR pre season ? 

Thought Luongo did great for the 10 mins on the pitch , can he do 80 mins , we know Lee can .

I think Lee plays tomorrow and stands down on Tuesday , we will see . 

2 hours ago, Dooogs said:

That goal was classic, absolutely priceless watching them go racing back in despair once they realised what was happening. 

Surprised no one is suggesting Forrestieri as a partner for Fletcher in an away game like this. We are going to need to hold possession up front and a front three often gets pushed back to becoming an isolated striker.

• Haha 1

Crickey .. just get Stuart Gray in as senior coach, as such, and let’s give it a ‘good go’ ya ken!!

The most articulate and open and positive bloke I’ve heard since BFR. Does the homework, unifies the squad and makes sure there’s are no slackers. No change required. Give him support and until Xmas to show he can deliver. The end. 

Posted (edited)

instead of saying he's being realistic and seemed to not expect us being at the top for long only if 'i hope' seems a bit lacking in optimism, i'd ram it into the players that yer gotta keep winning mentality so we can stay up top cos we're capable wi players we've got. 

Edited by S1Owl