Jump to content

Recommended Posts

As long as we keep Lee in for his height the midfield should be sound.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Westwood

Iorfa, Lees, Borner, Palmer

Hutchinson, Luongo, Reach

FF, Nuhiu, Harris

 

If fully fit: Bannan for Reach, and Reach for FF.

Rest Fletcher for Luton. Consider Rhodes, but need the height of Nuhiu defending set pieces.

Lee needs resting. Best to do so against more physical teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DuttyTeabags said:

We'll get murdered on set pieces with that team

 

I agree to a certain extent but do you think Pep worries about height when he picks Sterling, Aguero, D Silva, Gundagon, B Silva, Marhez etc all in same line up? I'm not saying we are Man City, but we are playing relegation fodder Millwall, they need to be more worried about us than us at them.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hope Rhodes gets to start one of the next few games. Don’t think he will tomorrow but would start him against Luton. Would like to see Winnall involved against Luton also. Should we rest Lee tomorrow? Worried about him getting broken again, he really is a massive player for us. On paper we have a better team than Millwall imo. Be disappointing if we don’t come away with at least a point. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Westwood, Iorfa and Bannan in for Dawson, Moses and Murphy for me. 

 

Millwall focus on the wide areas so our wide players have to work hard to cover the full backs. I think Reach and Harris are stronger at that. 

 

We’ve finally got the players to rotate without a huge drop off in quality. Harris and Lee have been a while without a run of games so both will need rotating at some point in the coming weeks. 

 

Fletcher needs to be rotated too but this is where we’ll struggle to match his quality. Rhodes would thrive with Murphy and Harris against a side like Luton but definitely plays the role a little differently. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always surprises me how many fans we have that want to drop Reach. He’s one of our best players. Same team for me but with Westwood coming back in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After listening to Bullen's interview after the Barnsley match I don't think there is any chance that he will start Lee against millwall and luton.

 

I think he'd be better suited to the Luton match and we'd be better going with the more combative style of Luongo for Millwall.  If Bannan is 100% fit, he'd always get in my team.

 

Westwood

 

Odubajo

Lees

Borner

Palmer

 

Luongo

Hutch (anchor man)

Bannan

 

Murphy (although I think he'll pick Reach instead)

Fletcher

Harris

 

Subs:

Dawson

Iorfa

Pelepussy

Lee

Reach

Forestieri

Rhodes

 

Look how strong that bench is!!!!!!!

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PEARSON said:

Always surprises me how many fans we have that want to drop Reach. He’s one of our best players. Same team for me but with Westwood coming back in. 

Not in a 4-3-3.

 

He's not as effective on the wing as murphy or Harris.

 

He's not as good in the middle as Lee, Bannan or Luongo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would normally not change a winning team but we'll need some physicality in there, Reach back out wide makes us more solid than 2 out and out attacking wingers, Luongo would start for me as well will need his toughness, especially if Bannan isn't 100%.

 

Westwood

 

Odubajo

Lees

Borner

Palmer

 

Lee

Hutchinson

Luongo

 

Harris

Fletcher

Reach

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Would normally not change a winning team but we'll need some physicality in there, Reach back out wide makes us more solid than 2 out and out attacking wingers, Luongo would start for me as well will need his toughness, especially if Bannan isn't 100%.

 

Westwood

 

Odubajo

Lees

Borner

Palmer

 

Lee

Hutchinson

Luongo

 

Harris

Fletcher

Reach

 

 

 

Nailed it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only change I'd maybe make from last week is iorfa in for oddjob. 

A rew concentration lapses, positional mistakes and stray passes. 

Plus iorfa adds that bit more height, as someone says it may be an issue with Millwall. 

Make sure bazza has fully recovered and keep reach in there, he seems to be getting a tad more aggressive and up for a tackle or two, which is good to see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Westwood

 

Odubajo Lees Börner Palmer

 

Hutch

 

Murphy Lee Luongo Harris

 

Fletcher

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

After listening to Bullen's interview after the Barnsley match I don't think there is any chance that he will start Lee against millwall and luton.

 

I think he'd be better suited to the Luton match and we'd be better going with the more combative style of Luongo for Millwall.  If Bannan is 100% fit, he'd always get in my team.

 

Westwood

 

Odubajo

Lees

Borner

Palmer

 

Luongo

Hutch (anchor man)

Bannan

 

Murphy (although I think he'll pick Reach instead)

Fletcher

Harris

 

Subs:

Dawson

Iorfa

Pelepussy

Lee

Reach

Forestieri

Rhodes

 

Look how strong that bench is!!!!!!!

 

 

100% that Nubia will be on the bench.

 

Quite probable that at some stage Bully will want to be defending against an all-out assault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, MrEdwards said:

Westwood

 

Odubajo Lees Börner Palmer

 

Hutch

 

Murphy Lee Luongo Harris

 

Fletcher

I would go for that team.  

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lineup tomorrow will be, and has to be, in my opinion this. The changes adds strength and legs to the team and creativeness with pace from Murphy to come off the bench if needed. 

 

Westood

 

Iorfa

Lees

Borner

Palmer

 

Hutchinson 

Luongo

Bannon

 

Reach

Fletcher 

Harris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Westwood 

Palmer Borner Lees Moses

Luongo Hutchinson Lee

Murphy Fletcher Harris

 

Dawson 

Iorfa

Reach

Bannan

Winnall

Rhodes 

FF

 

Bannan on for Hutchinson or Luongo if we are chasing the game. On for Lee if we are comfortable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Not in a 4-3-3.

 

He's not as effective on the wing as murphy or Harris.

 

He's not as good in the middle as Lee, Bannan or Luongo.

 

I disagree with you but it’s all about opinions isn’t it! In a 4-3-3 I think he’s very well suited, he’s versatile - can play on the wing or tuck in to be more central - tactically that offers a lot. He also drives us forward quickly, which is essential when you’re playing on the counter. He gets assists, he gets goals, he’s box to box. Fair enough if you think the other players are better, for me he’s one of the first names on the team sheet.

  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, bennyboyswfc99 said:

Lineup tomorrow will be, and has to be, in my opinion this. The changes adds strength and legs to the team and creativeness with pace from Murphy to come off the bench if needed. 

 

Westood

 

Iorfa

Lees

Borner

Palmer

 

Hutchinson 

Luongo

Bannon

 

Reach

Fletcher 

Harris

Think this could be the team TBH

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

 

100% that Nubia will be on the bench.

 

Quite probable that at some stage Bully will want to be defending against an all-out assault.

 

Flippin auto-correct.

 

Clearly NUBIA is better known than NUHIU.

 

At least Ive learned something today thanks to Wikipedia. When you are sat looking at Jeremy Clarkson and he says "For One Million Pounds, where is Nubia?"

 

Nubia is a region along the Nile river encompassing the area between Aswan in southern Egypt and Khartoum in central Sudan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’ll surely have young master Bates on the bench for the late aerial onslaught. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...