Team v Millwall

Westwood

Iorfa, Lees, Borner, Palmer

Hutchinson, Luongo, Reach

FF, Nuhiu, Harris

If fully fit: Bannan for Reach, and Reach for FF.

Rest Fletcher for Luton. Consider Rhodes, but need the height of Nuhiu defending set pieces.

Lee needs resting. Best to do so against more physical teams.

1 hour ago, DuttyTeabags said:

We'll get murdered on set pieces with that team

I agree to a certain extent but do you think Pep worries about height when he picks Sterling, Aguero, D Silva, Gundagon, B Silva, Marhez etc all in same line up? I'm not saying we are Man City, but we are playing relegation fodder Millwall, they need to be more worried about us than us at them.

• Haha 1

Hope Rhodes gets to start one of the next few games. Don’t think he will tomorrow but would start him against Luton. Would like to see Winnall involved against Luton also. Should we rest Lee tomorrow? Worried about him getting broken again, he really is a massive player for us. On paper we have a better team than Millwall imo. Be disappointing if we don’t come away with at least a point. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Westwood, Iorfa and Bannan in for Dawson, Moses and Murphy for me. 

Millwall focus on the wide areas so our wide players have to work hard to cover the full backs. I think Reach and Harris are stronger at that. 

We’ve finally got the players to rotate without a huge drop off in quality. Harris and Lee have been a while without a run of games so both will need rotating at some point in the coming weeks. 

Fletcher needs to be rotated too but this is where we’ll struggle to match his quality. Rhodes would thrive with Murphy and Harris against a side like Luton but definitely plays the role a little differently. 

After listening to Bullen's interview after the Barnsley match I don't think there is any chance that he will start Lee against millwall and luton.

I think he'd be better suited to the Luton match and we'd be better going with the more combative style of Luongo for Millwall.  If Bannan is 100% fit, he'd always get in my team.

Westwood

Odubajo

Lees

Borner

Palmer

Luongo

Hutch (anchor man)

Bannan

Murphy (although I think he'll pick Reach instead)

Fletcher

Harris

Subs:

Dawson

Iorfa

Pelepussy

Lee

Reach

Forestieri

Rhodes

Look how strong that bench is!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, PEARSON said:

Always surprises me how many fans we have that want to drop Reach. He’s one of our best players. Same team for me but with Westwood coming back in. 

Not in a 4-3-3.

He's not as effective on the wing as murphy or Harris.

He's not as good in the middle as Lee, Bannan or Luongo.

Would normally not change a winning team but we'll need some physicality in there, Reach back out wide makes us more solid than 2 out and out attacking wingers, Luongo would start for me as well will need his toughness, especially if Bannan isn't 100%.

Westwood

Odubajo

Lees

Borner

Palmer

Lee

Hutchinson

Luongo

Harris

Fletcher

Reach

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Would normally not change a winning team but we'll need some physicality in there, Reach back out wide makes us more solid than 2 out and out attacking wingers, Luongo would start for me as well will need his toughness, especially if Bannan isn't 100%.

Westwood

Odubajo

Lees

Borner

Palmer

Lee

Hutchinson

Luongo

Harris

Fletcher

Reach

Nailed it.

• Thanks 1

Only change I'd maybe make from last week is iorfa in for oddjob. 

A rew concentration lapses, positional mistakes and stray passes. 

Plus iorfa adds that bit more height, as someone says it may be an issue with Millwall. 

Make sure bazza has fully recovered and keep reach in there, he seems to be getting a tad more aggressive and up for a tackle or two, which is good to see. 

43 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

After listening to Bullen's interview after the Barnsley match I don't think there is any chance that he will start Lee against millwall and luton.

I think he'd be better suited to the Luton match and we'd be better going with the more combative style of Luongo for Millwall.  If Bannan is 100% fit, he'd always get in my team.

Westwood

Odubajo

Lees

Borner

Palmer

Luongo

Hutch (anchor man)

Bannan

Murphy (although I think he'll pick Reach instead)

Fletcher

Harris

Subs:

Dawson

Iorfa

Pelepussy

Lee

Reach

Forestieri

Rhodes

Look how strong that bench is!!!!!!!

100% that Nubia will be on the bench.

Quite probable that at some stage Bully will want to be defending against an all-out assault.

Lineup tomorrow will be, and has to be, in my opinion this. The changes adds strength and legs to the team and creativeness with pace from Murphy to come off the bench if needed. 

Westood

Iorfa

Lees

Borner

Palmer

Hutchinson 

Luongo

Bannon

Reach

Fletcher 

Harris

2 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Not in a 4-3-3.

He's not as effective on the wing as murphy or Harris.

He's not as good in the middle as Lee, Bannan or Luongo.

I disagree with you but it’s all about opinions isn’t it! In a 4-3-3 I think he’s very well suited, he’s versatile - can play on the wing or tuck in to be more central - tactically that offers a lot. He also drives us forward quickly, which is essential when you’re playing on the counter. He gets assists, he gets goals, he’s box to box. Fair enough if you think the other players are better, for me he’s one of the first names on the team sheet.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, bennyboyswfc99 said:

Lineup tomorrow will be, and has to be, in my opinion this. The changes adds strength and legs to the team and creativeness with pace from Murphy to come off the bench if needed. 

Westood

Iorfa

Lees

Borner

Palmer

Hutchinson 

Luongo

Bannon

Reach

Fletcher 

Harris

Think this could be the team TBH

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

100% that Nubia will be on the bench.

Quite probable that at some stage Bully will want to be defending against an all-out assault.

Flippin auto-correct.

Clearly NUBIA is better known than NUHIU.

At least Ive learned something today thanks to Wikipedia. When you are sat looking at Jeremy Clarkson and he says "For One Million Pounds, where is Nubia?"

Nubia is a region along the Nile river encompassing the area between Aswan in southern Egypt and Khartoum in central Sudan.