Team v Millwall

Guest gizowl
22 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Odubajo had no problems physically against a fairly physical presence from Barnsley, more than happy for him to keep his place.

I do think we'll see Reach wide and Bannan or Luongo in the middle and one of Murphy or Harris dropping to the bench for tougher away games. Guess we'll see if Bullen views this as a tougher away game or not.

Iorfa would give us a bit more aerial presence, for set pieces defensively and offensively. 

Guest gizowl
5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Think it will be very close to this. 

Maybe Reach for either Harris or Murphy. Think he will play both them against Luton.

Agree with that line up. 

2 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Bannan will come in for Murphy. There are 2 other potential changes where Iorfa could come in for Odubajo and Luongo could come in for Lee. This is just based on who we are playing away from home. 

These are the changes I would make 

Fletcher is the slight issue.

We don’t really have a direct replacement but 3 games in 8 days will be tough in that role.

Possibly look to sub him early where possible 

16 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Think it will be very close to this. 

Maybe Reach for either Harris or Murphy. Think he will play both them against Luton.

Think you're right. He'll keep Harris in for raw pace on break I think, but Murphy / Reach will be throw up. 

Bully has already referenced Lee in terms of protection and Matt Smith aerial threat so he'll stick in Iorfa and Luongo as additional ballast and physical presence. 

If he does pick Reach instead of Murphy we'll have 8 players at 6 ft or over (smalls Bannan, Luongo, Harris) which should be enough. 

Interestingly, stats fans, official site has Palmer same height as Iorfa! 

Edited by DuttyTeabags
Smalls

Two changes for me. I see Iorfa coming in for his physicality and height. Also, Reach making way for Luongo, we'll need his energy and aggression. Bazza on the Bench, sounded like he's not trained all week but available. That is all. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, deano said:

Bully confirmed that Bannan is available and suggested could be a couple of changes. 

Did Bully have an update on Snoots ahead of Millwall?

Not sure I would put him straight back in tbh. 

Guest domSWFC

So happy to have Lee back. But after so long out I'd be so gutted for him to get injured again. Millwall are a combative team, I wouldn't risk him.

Odubajo has been improving but think Iorfa is a beast. 

LINEUP111565949864706.png

11 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Interestingly, stats fans, official site has Palmer same height as Iorfa! 

Yeah, I was going to say he may put Fox in for more aerial presence but hes shorter than Palmer xD

Round pegs in round holes tonight. Same frontline as Saturday with Bannan or Luongo(if BB isn't fit) in for Reach and Westwood for Dawson. 

3 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

So happy to have Lee back. But after so long out I'd be so gutted for him to get injured again. Millwall are a combative team, I wouldn't risk him.

Odubajo has been improving but think Iorfa is a beast. 

LINEUP111565949864706.png

My potty humour wants to edit in a "master" into that team...

Having thought about it more I would go.

Millwall 

Westwood 

Iorfa    Lees   Borner   Palmer

Luongo Hutchinson Bannan

Reach   Fletcher  Harris 

Luton

Westwood 

Iorfa   Lees   Borner  Odubajo 

Lee    Luongo  Bannan

Murphy  Fletcher  Harris

Think we will proper hit Luton with an attacking team. They pass it around at the back so we will look to press them high.

Pelupessy and Forestieri may also be in contention for this depending on fitness of others and they could easily replace Luongo and Harris. As could Rhodes for Fletcher be an option but I wouldn't want us to change from 4-3-3 unless we have to during the match.

I also think we will have the Luton game in mind when we select the team for Millwall.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Having thought about it more I would go.

Millwall 

Westwood 

Iorfa    Lees   Borner   Palmer

Luongo Hutchinson Bannan

Reach   Fletcher  Harris 

Luton

Westwood 

Iorfa   Lees   Borner  Odubajo 

Lee    Luongo  Bannan

Murphy  Fletcher  Harris

Think we will proper hit Luton with an attacking team. They pass it around at the back so we will look to press them high.

Pelupessy and Forestieri may also be in contention for this depending on fitness of others and they could easily replace Luongo and Harris. As could Rhodes for Fletcher be an option but I wouldn't want us to change from 4-3-3 unless we have to during the match.

I also think we will have the Luton game in mind when we select the team for Millwall.

You won’t be far wrong with those 2 line ups.

• Like 1