Team v Millwall

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

If you are easily offended, or suffer from a weak heart, please look away now. 

17/18 away to Millwall

Wildsmith

Thornily Loovens Vernacio

Hunt Joey Jones Fox

Stobbs Wallace Boyd

It's only 9am.

I am now going to lie down in a dark room.

I expect to have a nightmare.

• Haha 1

Westwood

Iorfa                               Lees                                  Borner                        Palmer

Hutch

Bannan                           Lee

Reach                                                                                                       Harris

Fletch

Subs:

Murphy

Moses

Bates

Winnall

Forestieri

Dawson

Luongo

This is what i would do. Iorfa to start for extra height to protect from the Millwall bombardment. Reach to play on the wings away from home to protect our wing backs.

For Luton on Tuesday then put Moses, Murphy and Luongo in for Iorfa, Hutch and Lee. To add pace and to rest Hutch and Lee, long season ahead.

As for leaving Rhodes, Nuhiu and Fox out. I don't believe they are better than the players on the bench. Sorry.

Edited by tarn owl

For me, we need willing runners in central and attacking positions, purely to close them down in their defensive and midfield areas. In attack, Fletcher can run all day and Harris and Murphy are quick. Add Forestieri in to that mix too, who works hard at dropping back and getting stuck in.

In midfield we have the likes of Hutchinson, Bannan, Lee and Luongo, all who don't mind getting stuck in and all who never sit still for a minute. They are all completely mobile if that makes sense and all of them can spot a pass, pick up a run and find space for themselves.

In defence, tbh, I am not sure about Odubajo as a RB yet. Maybe he is suited higher up, but we seem to be getting more attacks down that side. Millwall tend to play more from the right side of their midefield, hanging balls towards the left side of the box, so for me I would bring in Iorfa at RB, as he has both height to counter their aerial threat and pace for when they attack down their left.

Westwood

Iorfa

Lees

Borner

Palmer

Luongo

Bannan (if fit) / Hutchinson

Lee

Harris

Fletcher

Murphy

Bench: Dawson, Reach, Fortestieri, Odubajo, Rhodes, Winnall/Nuhiu, (Hutchinson) /  ?

4-5-1 / 4-3-3

Edited by ChapSmurf

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

Westwood plus 10 others.

Has anybody seen Lord SNOOTY? The thread has been relegated to Site Information

This is like a poster campaign for a missing cat :biggrin: it's on every thread.

Charles Clegg, who it is said is a friend of Snoots, wrote a piece in the style of and said he'd be back today.

I stopped worrying at that point.

Let's hope it's true.

3 games in 1 week.....

v Millwall

Westwood

Iorfa Lees borner Palmer

Hutchinson Luongo Lee

Murphy Fletcher Harris

Iorfa in height, Hutch & Luongo for the midfield tenacity. 

v Luton

Westwood

Odubajo Lees Borner Palmer

Bannan Luongo Reach

Murphy Rhodes Harris

Bannan, Reach & Rhodes in for Hutchinson, Lee & Fletcher to rest. 

v Preston

Westwood

Iorfa Lees Borner Odubajo

Hutchinson Bannan Lee

Harris Fletcher Fessi

Rest Palmer and back to the midfield 3 we know plus Preston love Fessi. 

Team who I think will suit the games, as well as keeping them rested. 

1 hour ago, gizowl said:

Hard to change a winning side but need a bit more of a physical presence, so iorfa for odubajo and Bannan or luongo for Murphy. 

Odubajo had no problems physically against a fairly physical presence from Barnsley, more than happy for him to keep his place.

I do think we'll see Reach wide and Bannan or Luongo in the middle and one of Murphy or Harris dropping to the bench for tougher away games. Guess we'll see if Bullen views this as a tougher away game or not.

Two changes. Iorfa for the aerial bombardment we will definitely have to play against and Luonga in for Reach for added bite in midfield. 

Westwood

Iorfa   Lees   Borner   Palmer

Lee Hutchinson Luongo

Reach Fletcher Harris

I'd put Luongo in instead of either Lee or Bannan. It's going to be physical at Millwall and Luongo is up to that challenge more than Bannan. I'm not saying Bannan is lightweight ,he's not, he's a terrier but lacks stature, The argument for dropping Lee is purely to protect him and avoid injury. I'd hate to see him back in the treatment room.

We need to go there with positive intent but still be compact...

Westwood

Odubajo              Lees             Borner           Palmer

Reach         Lee            Hutch        Bannan      Harris

Fletch

Plenty of options with Murphy, Nando, Rhodes, Luongo etc. to come off the bench