An evening with Lee Bullen - tickets on sale now

2 hours ago, zico.b said:

Gu on then, what did he have to say.........?

He did quite a bit on his early career playing in Australia and Hong Kong. He played against England in the warm up game for Euro 96 that preceded the infamous dentists chair incident. Talked about having played in 2 successful Scottish cup semis but was dropped for both finals. Sad that made Cardiff even more special.

He was very enthusiastic with the club, said his dream was to be on the coaching staff when we get back into the Premier League.

He was asked about managers he’d worked under. Said he respected them all, but that he is in fairly regular contact with Stuart Gray and Carlos. I got the impression he has a lot of respect for both of them.  Re Jos, he said he admired his commitment to bringing through youngsters, said it had worked in Germany but that the Championship was a different aminal.

Did a good line about Paul Sturrock who apparently told Drissa Diallo “when you get the ball I want you to pass to someone who’s better than you; that gives you 10 to choose from”. Ouch. lol

Edited by The Hoppy Hopper
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, The Hoppy Hopper said:

He did quite a bit on his early career playing in Australia and Hong Kong. He played against England in the warm up game for Euro 96 that preceded the infamous dentists chair incident. Talked about having played in 2 successful Scottish cup semis but was dropped for both finals. Sad that made Cardiff even more special.

He was very enthusiastic with the club, said his dream was to be on the coaching staff when we get back into the Premier League.

He was asked about managers he’d worked under. Said he respected them all, but that he is in fairly regular contact with Stuart Gray and Carlos. I got the impression he has a lot of respect for both of them.  Re Jos, he said he admired his commitment to bringing through youngsters, said it had worked in Germany but that the Championship was a different aminal.

Did a good line about Paul Sturrock who apparently told Drissa Diablo “when you get the ball I want you to pass to someone who’s better than you; that gives you 10 to choose from”. Ouch. lol

I know that's a typo, but it fits him much better than his actual name!  

On 13/09/2019 at 07:23, The Hoppy Hopper said:

A brilliant evening that hopefully raised a decent amount for the Sheffield Wednesday Community Programme.

Lee told some good stories and clearly is as passionate about the club as we are.

825106DC-DF68-49C0-A139-1E088041F3D0.jpeg

An evening with Bullen - are you sure it wasn’t a Right Said Fred reunion! :ph34r:

• Haha 2