Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

It's happening...

 

 

 

Screenshot_20190816-192650_Gallery.jpg

Edited by markowl
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, markowl said:

Campbell 

That's what the thread is about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, S1Owl said:

That's what the thread is about

I know 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread.....It’s Rowet 2dot0

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

 

Probably shouldn’t consider other options then. 

Of course but the thread is titled Sol Campbell so i was commenting on him v Bullen.. Personally think we should forget employing anyone that may ruin whats going on at the moment and leave it as it is.. If it starts going boobies up, then consider bringing someone else in. Hopefully not SC. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

 

Please feel free to advise us how long someone should work without being paid, to avoid being called disloyal.

 

Referring to his Spurs/Arsenal episode; It’s the manner of his actions. If you look what he did and don’t question his loyalty, good for you.

 

Referring to not being paid; strange to leave it until the start of the new season. Is there also any evidence to suggest he’s not been paid?

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

Of course but the thread is titled Sol Campbell so i was commenting on him v Bullen.. Personally think we should forget employing anyone that may ruin whats going on at the moment and leave it as it is.. If it starts going boobies up, then consider bringing someone else in. Hopefully not SC. 

 

I feel similar ride this wave and then maybe get a reaction from a new manager. But for Bullen himself if he stays on as boss for considerable time then he can’t really go back from there. This is why I’d be tempted to get someone similar like Rowett who has the experience and it doesn’t put a loyal character on a countdown to eventually leaving 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rickygoo said:

 

Does losing in the Championship play offs qualify a bloke to take over a team that's has an ambition to win the Champions League?  Chelsea presumably think so. 

 

It's a matter of assessing the man himself. We've seen bits of Campbell on the telly etc. We're all entitled to our opinions but in reality none of us know much about him. He could be amazing. He could be terrible. Most likely he would be something in between. Whoever gets the job  - and I don't think it will be Campbell - we have to trust Chansiri's judgement and give the new bloke time.  

 

You think Chelsea hired Lampard due to his record last season?

 

Surely it's more likely his link to their club.

 

Pretty much why some want Bully (not me, I've no preference).

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

 

I feel similar ride this wave and then maybe get a reaction from a new manager. But for Bullen himself if he stays on as boss for considerable time then he can’t really go back from there. This is why I’d be tempted to get someone similar like Rowett who has the experience and it doesn’t put a loyal character on a countdown to eventually leaving 

I agree although someone may come in and offload LB & bring his own team in, i doubt it'd happen though cos LB knows whats what & think DC wouldn't allow it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love us to have a black manager who has a chip on his shoulder and plays the race card.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a no from me.

 

For the first time in a long time I had one of his soups yesterday. Celery. No where near as thick and creamy as they used to be.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

I agree although someone may come in and offload LB & bring his own team in, i doubt it'd happen though cos LB knows whats what & think DC wouldn't allow it. 

 

 

I know it's early days and I'm as unsure as anyone as to whether or not Bullen is the right man to take over from Bruce but he seems to be carrying himself with a bit more confidence and authority this time so who knows how he would do long term. He may not be the worst appointment in the world but it would be a gamble and at the same time possibly put his long term employment at the club under threat?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

 

I think it is unthinkable Campbell might be considered because we’ve already got a better, more experienced Championship “manager” in place.

 

Campbell was one of the biggest turncoats in footballing history with his Spurs/Arsenal fiasco, that’s enough for me to question his loyalty - how long ago it was doesn’t matter for me, it’s a proven trait. Apparently he’s walked out of Macc Town over wages too, 2 games in to the new season, another question mark over loyalty.

 

Carlos “just” got us into the play-offs in his second season, didn’t mean I wanted him a third season. So no, I don’t think “just” achieving something is necessarily good enough.

 

Honestly don’t see how, being there for almost the full season, finishing 3rd bottom of League 2 can be a success. It might have been acceptable, but a success, I don’t think so mate.

 

We got more points and finished higher in table in his second season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

I think it is unthinkable Campbell might be considered because we’ve already got a better, more experienced Championship “manager” in place.

 

Bullen might be better than Campbell; Campbell might be better than Bullen. There's really not much to go on either way at present.

 

3 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Campbell was one of the biggest turncoats in footballing history with his Spurs/Arsenal fiasco, that’s enough for me to question his loyalty - how long ago it was doesn’t matter for me, it’s a proven trait. Apparently he’s walked out of Macc Town over wages too, 2 games in to the new season, another question mark over loyalty.

 

He wasn't paid for the last four months at Macclesfield, apparently. It's a bit harsh to call him disloyal given the circumstances.

 

3 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Carlos “just” got us into the play-offs in his second season, didn’t mean I wanted him a third season. So no, I don’t think “just” achieving something is necessarily good enough.

 

I'm really not sure why we're discussing Carlos here, but I'd imagine a successful season would have been taking us up; he didn't achieve it. A successful season for Macclesfield by the time Campbell took over would have been staying up; he did achieve it.

 

Whilst we're making irrelevant comparisons, I suppose Guardiola should be gutted that he 'just' pipped Liverpool to the title last season, eh?

 

3 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Honestly don’t see how, being there for almost the full season, finishing 3rd bottom of League 2 can be a success. It might have been acceptable, but a success, I don’t think so mate.

 

Given the context of the club he walked into, who were rooted to the bottom of the football league and had players not being paid on time, staying up was as successful as it was going to get.

 

Anyway, I think we've probably wasted enough internet space debating a managerial appointment that's almost certainly not going to happen; dragging up events of almost two decades ago; and figuring out that we have different definitions of what would constitute success for Macclesfield Town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bradowl said:

 

We got more points and finished higher in table in his second season.

 

Yeah, after spending considerable sums of money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

 

Bullen might be better than Campbell; Campbell might be better than Bullen. There's really not much to go on either way at present.

 

 

He wasn't paid for the last four months at Macclesfield, apparently. It's a bit harsh to call him disloyal given the circumstances.

 

 

I'm really not sure why we're discussing Carlos here, but I'd imagine a successful season would have been taking us up; he didn't achieve it. A successful season for Macclesfield by the time Campbell took over would have been staying up; he did achieve it.

 

Whilst we're making irrelevant comparisons, I suppose Guardiola should be gutted that he 'just' pipped Liverpool to the title last season, eh?

 

 

Given the context of the club he walked into, who were rooted to the bottom of the football league and had players not being paid on time, staying up was as successful as it was going to get.

 

Anyway, I think we've probably wasted enough internet space debating a managerial appointment that's almost certainly not going to happen; dragging up events of almost two decades ago; and figuring out that we have different definitions of what would constitute success for Macclesfield Town.

 

Think you wasted more than most :biggrin:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

 

Bullen might be better than Campbell; Campbell might be better than Bullen. There's really not much to go on either way at present.

 

 

He wasn't paid for the last four months at Macclesfield, apparently. It's a bit harsh to call him disloyal given the circumstances.

 

 

I'm really not sure why we're discussing Carlos here, but I'd imagine a successful season would have been taking us up; he didn't achieve it. A successful season for Macclesfield by the time Campbell took over would have been staying up; he did achieve it.

 

Whilst we're making irrelevant comparisons, I suppose Guardiola should be gutted that he 'just' pipped Liverpool to the title last season, eh?

 

 

Given the context of the club he walked into, who were rooted to the bottom of the football league and had players not being paid on time, staying up was as successful as it was going to get.

 

Anyway, I think we've probably wasted enough internet space debating a managerial appointment that's almost certainly not going to happen; dragging up events of almost two decades ago; and figuring out that we have different definitions of what would constitute success for Macclesfield Town.

 

Bullen has been on the non-playing side for much longer, learning from a number of managers/head coaches/assistants. He’s also actually managed - and won games - in the Championship. Bullen is the better option.

 

The Sun said he hasn’t been paid. The Sun said Liverpool fans robbed their own dying fans in 1989. The club statement says they split by mutual consent, nothing about salaries owed. Even if it is over salaries owed, why jump ship at this crucial stage after 4 months without payment (assuming The Sun is right)? Why not at the end of the season? Why not before pre-season?

 

The comment about Carlos was in reference to Campbell “just” keeping Macc Town up therefore it’s still an achievement/success. My example was Carlos “just” made the play-offs after spending a shedload of money; is that also an achievement/success? I don’t believe scraping survival in League Two is an achievement in the same way I don’t believe spending a fortune to scrap a play-off place then going out with a whimper is an achievement.

 

Amen to the last paragraph (it was you who questioned my opinion and started the debate ;-) )!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/08/2019 at 17:36, Great Big Galaa said:

 

Andy Pearce, Peter Atherton, Ian Nolan and Simon Coleman and some complain about our recent recruitment :bullen:

andy pearce was on low wages and negligable fee. Peter atherton never let us down, Nolan suffered a really bad break and I cant remember coleman ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sham67 said:

 

Please feel free to advise us how long someone should work without being paid, to avoid being called disloyal.

loyalty ?? football ?? nope

football ?? money >> yeah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, David1867 said:

Explain the chip on his shoulder.... 

 

Jeeus. I’ve been watching him in interviews for a good 15 years. If you were as sad as me with regard to football you’d know.

 

It’s like the word through his eyes is a kkk rally or something. Also one of those guys who if things go wrong or he doesn’t get what he wants it’s never his fault. There’s an agenda or someone else to blame. 

  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...