Jump to content
beloved_aunt

What would've happened?

Recommended Posts

If the game with Bury had gone ahead?

 

Team

                      Dawson

Iorfa         Bates       Lees            Fox

Reach   Pelupessy   Luongo   Forestieri

            Rhodes      Winnall

 

Score

SWFC 2 - 0 Bury

Winnal and Rhodes the scorers

 

Verdict

Low key affair where Wednesday's experience and superior finishing make all the difference.  Useful game time for squad players and the Bullen bandwagon roles on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The match would have been cancelled due to Bury's financial position.

  • Agree 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

If the game with Bury had gone ahead?

 

Team

                      Dawson

Iorfa         Bates       Lees            Fox

Reach   Pelupessy   Luongo   Forestieri

            Rhodes      Winnall

 

Score

SWFC 2 - 0 Bury

Winnal and Rhodes the scorers

 

Verdict

Low key affair where Wednesday's experience and superior finishing make all the difference.  Useful game time for squad players and the Bullen bandwagon roles on. 

You missed the bit where Fernando gets a 12 match ban for having an untied boot lace!

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

I'd have been disappointed if we'd changed the shape of the team.  We've developed an identity and need to stick with it.

 

I'm guessing we would've used it as a chance to get some players minutes on the pitch though, and felt a 4-4-2 was only real way to do it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would have been good for the other players, but at least we can focus on Millwall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

I'd have been disappointed if we'd changed the shape of the team.  We've developed an identity and need to stick with it.

Spot on

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we really have to have poo clickbait titles on this site? It would have required an extra 3 seconds of typing.

  • Agree 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Shot down in flames. said:

You missed the bit where Fernando gets a 12 match ban for having an untied boot lace!

 

Which would be entirely fair enough. 

 

In fact I don't see why we should gain this advantage from Bury's plight so he should be banned anyway. It's only fair. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Match would have been cancelled as a result of SYP and SAG's inability to accommodate the sheer number of bailiffs and creditors chasing Bury around Leppings Lane. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beloved_aunt said:

If the game with Bury had gone ahead?

 

Team

                      Dawson

Iorfa         Bates       Lees            Fox

Reach   Pelupessy   Luongo   Forestieri

            Rhodes      Winnall

 

Score

SWFC 2 - 0 Bury

Winnal and Rhodes the scorers

 

Verdict

Low key affair where Wednesday's experience and superior finishing make all the difference.  Useful game time for squad players and the Bullen bandwagon roles on. 

Same players but 4-3-3

             Dawson 

    Iorfa     Lees     Bates     Fox

     Luongo  Pelupessy Reach

      Winnall  Rhodes Forestieri 

Keep the shape 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SAG would have spotted too many people at the urinal and closed the North stand.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sham67 said:

I'd have been disappointed if we'd changed the shape of the team.  We've developed an identity and need to stick with it.

we may change 'the shape' game by game, as each individual challenge arises.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

we may change 'the shape' game by game, as each individual challenge arises.

 Think we should stick with the shape every game. If it ain't working change the shape during the game.

Bolllaxe to over egging the oppos before a ball is kicked, done too much of that. Let them tinker with line ups.

If Bullen can do that and see opportunities or close ranks during a game, then he will go far.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5-0 up and Rowett appointed at HT, Dotty says I told you so. End up drawing 5-5 and losing on pens, Rowett resigns after spotting a vacancy in the ticket office at his boyhood club, Bullen secures another month as caretaker boss. 

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

 Think we should stick with the shape every game. If it ain't working change the shape during the game.

Bolllaxe to over egging the oppos before a ball is kicked, done too much of that. Let them tinker with line ups.

If Bullen can do that and see opportunities or close ranks during a game, then he will go far.

 

 

I think i'd have a shilling on us not setting up the same way for every game.

it's also far from any certainty that bullen will be 'going far' as wednesday manager.

we've played two so far, let's look at the table after around 6/8 games, then consider IF bullen is the man.

guess dc is doing this now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bet if game would have gone ahead would been a bit of a farce with Bury playing a bunch of kids.

Also not sure if keeping the same shape each week is a good idea. If other sides know how you are going to play then they will know how to negate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...