5 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

4m quid and now at a 3rd tier German club

Jesus our recruitment was in tatters

2nd tier 

• Agree 3

Good luck to the lad.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

it’ll be the last we see of him. I’ll never forget his performance vs pigs in our 2-4 humiliation 

Edited by shez owl

Good move for him. He's had a crap 2yrs here. Get out and play some games. Penney and Baker should follow suit, arguably Winnall too. 

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Absolute waste of money. His performance against United the other year is one of the worst I’ve ever seen by a player. 

He gets a lot of stick for that game, rightfully so. Tom Less (who I’m a fan of) had a much bigger shocker imo though and it was just let slide and blame put on JVA. Stupid freekick to give away. Then the 4th was an awful clearance to nowhere, before cocking it up more.

I’m rambling. Good luck Joost. Injuries certainly haven’t helped. Maybe had it in him to improve and be an asset at this level. I doubt it though.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, shez owl said:

His contract runs out next June I think, so it’ll be the last we see of him. I’ll never forget his performance vs pigs in our 2-4 humiliation 

That's what ruined his career TBH

11 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

4m quid and now at a 3rd tier German club

Jesus our recruitment was in tatters

2 sentences, both incorrect.  Nice feat.

Edited by Sham67
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

He gets a lot of stick for that game, rightfully so. Tom Less (who I’m a fan of) had a much bigger shocker imo though and it was just let slide and blame put on JVA. Stupid freekick to give away. Then the 4th was an awful clearance to nowhere, before cocking it up more.

I’m rambling. Good luck Joost. Injuries certainly haven’t helped. Maybe had it in him to improve and be an asset at this level. I doubt it though.

Van Aken was at fault for all 4 goals. Tom Lees weren’t great either but let’s not compare the 2 because 1 is miles better than the other. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Yes i think it was Carlos...he search over 200 CB's to find him.

Sums up the idiocy that was his tenure . Look at the signings we have made for nothing (Luongo aside) under potato head / bullens stewardship. It really doesn’t highlight what an awful way the club was being run / managed 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Thanks 1

Vfl Osnabruck are 2nd tier not 3rd. Promoted from liga 3 as champions last season.

Very good standard football. 

Edited by bradowl

Just now, Sonny said:

I have been to Osnabruck

TWICE

So have Rotherham Owls

Osnatraz.........hated it.......but a good move for Joost, game time, hopefully build confidence, and either return a better player or he will put himself in the shop window to move on !

6 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Sums up the idiocy that was his tenure . Look at the signings we have made for nothing (Luongo aside) under potato head / bullens stewardship. It really doesn’t highlight what an awful way the club was being run / managed 

What on Earth are you talking about?

CC gave us our best two seasons in 20 years. Not his fault he had 17 out injured in his last season. I doubt whether he was in charge of recruitment anyway.

And why is everyone calling Osnabruck a 3rd tier club?   They are 2.Bundesliga- equivalent to the Championship.

• Agree 8
  • Disagree 11

13 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

It wasn't his only bad game. He was a defensive liability from Day One.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Good to see players going out who won’t get a look in this season.

Can’t see it working here, so hopefully he plays well and he gets a new club next season on a permanent deal.

Think there’s a decent player in there somewhere. Remember his debut against Forest I think and he was pinging balls around the pitch and genuinely looked a class act. 

Struggled from there, Blades game destroyed his confidence. Needed time to get up to the speed of this division, unfortunately with the level of expectation at this club we weren’t really in a position to do that. Particularly in a position like centre defence where more often than not you get punished for your mistakes. 

Injuries haven’t been kind to him either. Hopefully an opportunity to get his career back on track. Good luck to him. 

• Agree 5