The battered old Megastore

2 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

Why have the club not chosen to update/refurbish the outside of the Megastore?

It is old, the paint has faded and still has the old badge on it. It would only need a few hundred quid spent on it. I would also imagine we would receive more sales if it wasn’t in the state it’s in now.

Please Dephon, take some action.

Not much point doing owt to it now SAG have said only three people are allowed in at any given time. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, RedDragonOwl said:

Why would it receive more sales? 

The only people who buy from there are our fans, who more often than not know what they're going to buy. The club isn't going to get random people who want to go into a football shop to impulsively buy a ruler or a mug.

It might look nice, but a waste of money.

No he’s right

I went to the shop last week with the intention of spending some serious cash in there. As soon as I pulled into the car park and saw the old badge and narrow doors I turned back around and left immediately 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

It is old, the paint has faded and still has the old badge on it. It would only need a few hundred quid spent on it. I would also imagine we would receive more sales if it wasn’t in the state it’s in now.

AFIAK, the reason DC hasn't done anything with the Megastore is because currently there is an independant review, being undertaken by someone associated with Liverpool, and SYP and SAG haven't quite worked out whether they want us enter through the NE doors, or through the SE doors. Once they have decided, it will go in the report to everyone's extreme shock and surprise. We will then be forced to stop selling keyrings on match days. I know!

Once this is done, we'll get back in touch and have a whip round for a couple of hundred quid. You okay putting the rest in? Thought so, good lad.

14 minutes ago, sternlad said:

Have just looked at Google maps...if it wasn’t there the whole of the North could be accessed from Penistone Road. Also does it need to be that big? I know it was the old gym but do we need such a big floor area to sell merchandise.

Couldn't move in there last Saturday, if it was any smaller queues would have reached Penistone road.

Under Lee Strafford's World Cup plan the megastore was to be knocked down and incorporated into a new facade built up at the back of the stand.

If we are staying at Hillsboro, that may still be a future plan. It also, as some have said, would allow exits into the current car park at the back of the North as an alternative to exiting LL.

IIf I ruled the world I would turn the club shop into a lovely big Wednesday Tap, and put the club shop somewhere smaller like the current Wednesday Tap. On line service is good from the store, and I can't see the current shop getting more foot fall than one in Meadow Hall other than on match days. I would love a decent size Tap that could effeciently deliver beer!

giphy (4).gif

5 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

as long as he don't get you as manager I will be happy , ive even told him that to his face too. 

5 hours ago, Steelman said:

We'd have more sales if there was anything worth buying.

Why DC has not given the whole place a good lick of paint and a tidy up is beyond me. Looks tired and pretty sad. He has the money. Sorry if I am sounding out the know but its looked sad and run down for years.