Iorfa or Odubajo v Millwall ?

Its nice to have a difficult decision to make because both are decent players...rather than the usual 

"who would do least damage"

Odubajo looked class second half...especially as several times when not under too much pressure chested it down and found a pass, instead of lofting back the way it had come...

I'm not really bothered which one of them plays tbh...

Is bullen going to keep a winning team or like others have suggested put Iorfa in to counteract Smith.

Should we worry that much about Smith? or do we have enough to make any contribution he makes negligible by simply beating whats in front of us.

I don’t agree with the ‘you don’t change a winning team’ mentality.

You go with the team you feel is most likely to get you a win in that particular match.

Just because a team beat Barnsley doesn’t mean they’ll be equally equipped to beat Millwall 

Edited by FreshOwl

I’d stay with Odubajo, not that he’s a right back, but then nether is Iorfa. Palmer is by far the best in that position, but he’s needed at left back.  After a bit of a mare against Reading, Odubajo was better on Saturday, so no point in changing things

• Haha 1

Iorfa due to set piece threats.

How daft would bully look having i.d'd a specific threat and not addressing it if they scored from aerial dominance?

Question for me is moses or palmer lb, especially looking ahead as iorfa can score a few and help stop us conceeding a few via set pieces, could be worth double figure points in a season that.

If one of cb's form drops he deserves a chance at cb too, hes an asset!

On 14/08/2019 at 14:19, ka58 said:

I don’t see any point in moving reach to left back.

palmer is doing well there and we lose reach further forward.

i agree odubajo improved second half on Saturday but he couldn’t have been been worse than he was in the first. Continually out of position and taking himself out of the game trying to win tackles and headers in bad positions in first half. 

Reach has never been or will be a left back. He has no defensive attributes needed to ever be a decent full back. Away from home playing 4 at the back is deffo not suited to AR. His best position is a real conundrum for me. I started to think his best attribute is his energy and ability to maintain  lots of running through out the game. Putting him  n a certain position takes the chance to up his tempo away from him. I would like to see him with a more free role to press and dribble more effectively

14 hours ago, oldishowl said:

We don’t have a big back 4 compared to many and I would play Iorfa to improve that.

Hope he is still available 

That’s why it was so important for us to bring Hector back, he totally bossed things at the back. Lees and Borner are a good pairing, but as we saw in pre season, they can be a bit vulnerable in the air. I’m presuming Bates may have been brought in to plug that, though I know little about him.  Iorfa’s height at set pieces might be useful, but his lack of awareness in the defensive part of his game, especially at full back, won’t help stop the crosses coming in