Iorfa or Odubajo v Millwall ?

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

This , he was better second half but not a right back for me , looks like someone playing out of position to me .

I would give Reach a run at left back and Palmer  or Iorfa on the right 

Good managers make big decisions that are sometimes unpopular but before the issue is obvious 

I don’t see any point in moving reach to left back.

palmer is doing well there and we lose reach further forward.

i agree odubajo improved second half on Saturday but he couldn’t have been been worse than he was in the first. Continually out of position and taking himself out of the game trying to win tackles and headers in bad positions in first half. 

Edited by ka58

16 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Iorfa: starts 9, wins 3. 33% win rate.

Odubajo: starts 2, wins 2. 100% win rate.

So surely Obubabu starts?

That said, I'm not convinced with Odubanjo. His reputation seems greater than his two appearances.

Then again, Iorfa was also iffy at fullback in some of his nine games.

Both lost position, but recovered due to their speed.

I agree, we need dominance to defend against Millwall's height at corners and free-kicks and Oddjobo looks less effective at set plays at both ends of the pitch.

As long as we go with the pace of Harris and Murphy, I think we can do without the greater pace of Obusago and change to the greater height, and marginally better defending of Iorfa. We should also go for the power of Luongo over Keiran Lee.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

And it started off so well...!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Iorfa: starts 9, wins 3. 33% win rate.

Odubajo: starts 2, wins 2. 100% win rate.

So surely Obubabu starts?

That said, I'm not convinced with Odubanjo. His reputation seems greater than his two appearances.

Then again, Iorfa was also iffy at fullback in some of his nine games.

Both lost position, but recovered due to their speed.

I agree, we need dominance to defend against Millwall's height at corners and free-kicks and Oddjobo looks less effective at set plays at both ends of the pitch.

As long as we go with the pace of Harris and Murphy, I think we can do without the greater pace of Obusago and change to the greater height, and marginally better defending of Iorfa. We should also go for the power of Luongo over Keiran Lee.

200.gif.ee3b34898b13f55209a1615eabaf4a5a.gif

• Haha 1

Westwood for Dawson, Luongo for Lee, Bazza for Reach, Iorfa for Odjob.  

Westwood

Iorfa               Lees             Borner           Palmer

Hutch

Luongo           Bazza 

Murphy                   Fletch                       Harris

Physicality in middle of park with Hutch and Luongo, Bazza freed up to buzz around and play, Iorfa to give us much needed physicality to combat Smith etc.  Set pieces will be key, our CB aren't the tallest.

• Like 1

Think I would pick Iorfa on height alone, think Odubajo would be targeted for far post headers. He does seem a bit prone to letting strikers in the back door ( oo er missus!!) Would also have Luongo in for strength and height instead of Reach. If you’ve got these players in the squad use them to match your opposites I say.

Incidentally, I loved that thread title of “Loungo”. -  sounded like one of Liono’s mates in the Thundercats. “ Loungo - the Thundercat who never leaves the sofa to tackle the mighty Skeletor.”

lol

1 minute ago, sternlad said:

Think I would pick Iorfa on height alone, think Odubajo would be targeted for far post headers. He does seem a bit prone to letting strikers in the back door ( oo er missus!!) Would also have Luongo in for strength and height instead of Reach. If you’ve got these players in the squad use them to match your opposites I say.

Incidentally, I loved that thread title of “Loungo”. -  sounded like one of Liono’s mates in the Thundercats. “ Loungo - the Thundercat who never leaves the sofa to tackle the mighty Skeletor.”

lol

Loungo is a fair bit shorter than Reacho 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

For someone who isn’t left footed Palmer doesn’t half give it a tonk with his left.

Going forward he links superbly with Harris. 

Totally agree mate. By FAR our best left back option!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 minutes ago, sternlad said:

Having thought about recent posts...is Skeletor in He-man or Thundercats? I’m reyt confused. Which one is Mumra in? “Nurse! Nurse! Find me an expert on 1980’s cartoons...oh and a bedpan...too late!”:sad:

Skeleton is in He Man. Mumra is Thundercats!  God I loved both shows!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
35 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

It's actually a little frustrating we have Iorfa, Obubajo and Palmer for right back, and yet still have no left back...

Palmer is an excellent left back now.

1 minute ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Skeleton is in He Man. Mumra is Thundercats!  God I loved both shows!

Thank God you’ve sorted that one out Kago! I would’ve whittled about it all the way through Tipping Point! Is Kagoshima a place? If so, do you live there? Sounds tres exotique!

3 hours ago, twolaptops said:

Need a big man to nullify Matt Smith

It's not just Mathieu Smith that's the problem: it's Cooper and Wallace too. And they pick headed scraps off each other as well, so picking up the bits and seocnd balls is key. This is why we need to be fully alert at corners and, free-kicks from around the halfway line. We've done our homework on them though.

There's only one solution, the Pulis method! Iorfa at rb, Börner at lb, Bates and Lees at CB, van aken, Pelupessy and Hutchinson at dm, Palmer and fox wide but tucked in, Nuhiu up front for the hoof, Forestieri bannan and the wingers stay home there's no place for them in modern football! That's a victorious 0-0 waiting to happen! 

• Haha 1