Iorfa or Odubajo v Millwall ?

1 minute ago, s.armo said:

Reach doesn't have a tackle in him and in my opinion would be lucky to keep his place after what I saw at Reading and against the Dingles

Sadly I agree but out of him Fox or Penney he gets the gig , Thornily is the other option 

Palmer has done ok there but he is much better on the right but I think Bully will go with him again 

I would bring in Iorfa for him - Millwall this season are a very big physical side and we need all the height we can get in the team.

I would also be looking to bring Luongo for lee in midfield, lee has been fantastic since returning to the team but I would not want him getting injured against a very physical Millwall team.

Am I the only one who isn’t sure on Iorfa? Looks very shaky with the ball at his feet, very Julian Bennett. On the other hand he did pop up with some goals last season and he adds height. 

I thought Odubajo had a suspect first half against Barnsley, but improved in the second. I would probably stick with a winning team. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Iorfa might drop in at right back, and Odubajo in at left back...?

Horses for courses, rather than not changing a winning team for me. Iorfa adds much needed height for this one and would play a big part in both boxes. It's the sort of game that could hinge on set-pieces, so Iorfa would be back in the 11 for me - at the expense of who, probably Odubajo.

Palmer has been excellent at left back in first two games so cannot see why he would be dropped.

Odubajo done ok so far but considering how Millwall play agree iorfa has to play to add aerial threat in both boxes. 

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl

32 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Fox and Penney should be nowhere near the first eleven.

Bit harsh that I feel.  Penney was very good at left back pre the Jos chopping and changing and then subsequent injury.  Fox improved a fair bit last season and was pretty steady at LB.

Guest wilyfox

We have 3 games in one week. Bullen will have to rotate. Millwall away typically more physical than Luton at home. I can see Fox & Iorfa brought in for height at Millwall, with Palmer & Odubajo ready for Luton. 

I’d stick with Odubajo. I’d be inclined to bring Luongo in for Reach if we play 4-3-3. I don’t think Reach has done much wrong but I think we’d be a bit more solid with Luongo.

It will be interesting to see how Borner gets on if Millwall go direct. I thought he had a really good game against Barnsley but I wasn’t totally convinced with him in the air at times.

Edited by WUGGAMONKEY1

Iorfa for me due to offering more height in both boxes. 

Harsh on Odubajo but if we want to challenge then we need to utilise the strengths of the whole squad and select players who will be best suited to win us the game. 

23 minutes ago, Slogboy said:

Penney and Thorniley won't get a look in. Bullpen wants the job and needs the wins. He's going to use the experienced players regardless. 

Reach isn't a LB. Palmer imo is best as RB. Don't rate Moses at RB but time will tell.

Thornily has never let us down 

I'm a big fan of Iorfa, i really am. 

I do think Odubajo has masses of ability though and he is one i can see us doing really well from, in terms of playing well and selling at a big price.

As for the team on Saturday, great problem to have. Id go with Iorfa just for fresh legs.

Iorfa: starts 9, wins 3. 33% win rate.

Odubajo: starts 2, wins 2. 100% win rate.

So surely Obubabu starts?

That said, I'm not convinced with Odubanjo. His reputation seems greater than his two appearances.

Then again, Iorfa was also iffy at fullback in some of his nine games.

Both lost position, but recovered due to their speed.

I agree, we need dominance to defend against Millwall's height at corners and free-kicks and Oddjobo looks less effective at set plays at both ends of the pitch.

As long as we go with the pace of Harris and Murphy, I think we can do without the greater pace of Obusago and change to the greater height, and marginally better defending of Iorfa. We should also go for the power of Luongo over Keiran Lee.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Iorfa: starts 9, wins 3. 33% win rate.

Odubajo: starts 2, wins 2. 100% win rate.

So surely Obubabu starts?

That said, I'm not convinced with Odubanjo. His reputation seems greater than his two appearances.

Then again, Iorfa was also iffy at fullback in some of his nine games.

Both lost position, but recovered due to their speed.

I agree, we need dominance to defend against Millwall's height at corners and free-kicks and Oddjobo looks less effective at set plays at both ends of the pitch.

As long as we go with the pace of Harris and Murphy, I think we can do without the greater pace of Obusago and change to the greater height, and marginally better defending of Iorfa. We should also go for the power of Luongo over Keiran Lee.

Love the spellings of Odubajo.

Slightly more worried about your spelling of Kieran.

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Am I the only one who isn’t sure on Iorfa? Looks very shaky with the ball at his feet, very Julian Bennett. On the other hand he did pop up with some goals last season and he adds height. 

I thought Odubajo had a suspect first half against Barnsley, but improved in the second. I would probably stick with a winning team. 

I'm not entirely convinced by Iorfa either (though I wouldn't go so far as make a comparison with Bennett).

He's looked fantastic at times as well, but yeah, with the ball at his feet he doesn't always seem to be entirely comfortable.

I'd stick with Odubajo, even if he's had a few moments of uncertainty also. He's showed enough promise in those games for him to be given the benefit of the doubt.

Of course, with a midweek game following on from Millwall, Bullen may choose to rotate a few players anyway, and if so, Iorfa may well get the nod for the away game, behind which I could appreciate the reasoning.