Iorfa or Odubajo v Millwall ?

Tough one.

Unbeaten in two with Moses. But Dominic was superb. Here’s our form when he started games. It’s pretty impressive:-

P9. W3. D5. L1

• The defeat was Villa, and we were 1-1 when he went off injured.
  • He scored 3 goals in 800 minutes. Also the superb assist cross ball to Fletcher v Blackburn.
  • Interestingly we lost two of the three games he missed during that period.

Ive only seen 180 minutes of Moses. He got better as he went on. Dodgy at Reading. Much better at home.

Millwall will be a threat at set pieces, especially Matt Smith.

On balance, for this game, I would go Iorfa.

Im interested to see what others think, and interested to see how many spellings of Iorfa and Odubajo we get in one thread. I cheated - Dom and Mo to me.

4 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Iorfa is the better player but go with  the one who hasn't done anything wrong yet in the shirt.

Is that Moses Iorfa or Dominic Odubajo?

Neither have done anything wrong.

Great problem isn’t it?

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Choose 1 of them and give other a chance on Tuesday against Luton. OP makes some good points about Iorfa but I’d keep Odubajo in.

Iorfa might drop in at right back, and Odubajo in at left back...?

Horses for courses, rather than not changing a winning team for me. Iorfa adds much needed height for this one and would play a big part in both boxes. It's the sort of game that could hinge on set-pieces, so Iorfa would be back in the 11 for me - at the expense of who, probably Odubajo.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
16 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

I'd stick with the same back 4 v Millwall and make the changes v Luton.  

I'd still prefer a natural left back.  Iorfa right back, Fox/Penney left back v Luton?

Fox and Penney should be nowhere near the first eleven.

Iorfa looked a lot better at right back last season than Odubajo has so far this season. Plus he's got a few inches on him and all. I think Iorfa would do more to nullify their physical threat, and having him instead of Moses wouldn't result in us compromising our own game either. I personally want to see Odubajo further forward anyway. 

Purely personal preference, and I don't know whether this would be the "best" thing to do, but I'd quite like to see us start with Iorfa at RB, Reach at RW, and Harris at LW... then on 70 minutes bring Harris and Reach off for Murphy and Odubajo. Imagine being faced with that sudden injection of pace... eesh.

Most important thing is, irregardless who lines up at right back, we'll have options on the bench with raw pace as an attribute and with skill enough to change a game. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ka58 said:

Iorfa.

Not totally convinced wih Odubajo so far to be honest.

This , he was better second half but not a right back for me , looks like someone playing out of position to me .

I would give Reach a run at left back and Palmer  or Iorfa on the right 

Good managers make big decisions that are sometimes unpopular but before the issue is obvious 

8 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Fox and Penney should be nowhere near the first eleven.

For someone who isn’t left footed Palmer doesn’t half give it a tonk with his left.

Going forward he links superbly with Harris.