Jo's supporters....

9 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Talking of crap ex Managers.

Old clueless has a new club.

Rio Ave FC who ever they are.

I remember Eddie Grant singing about them.

Get down to Rio Avenue.

He always wanted to manage Rio Avenue, ever since a boy when he was a big Eddie Grant fan. Bought both his records.

I too thought he was doing ok and at times it seemed we were getting there.  He did well bringing the youngsters through (not sure what's happening with Thornily though ) but he just alienated himself with the Westwood/Hutch situation and I'd still love some kind of explanation. Dawson got game time and we've now benefited already from that as he's no greenhorn anymore. 

JL was just such a left field appointment love to hear from DC where his appointment came from. Did he just interview well ?  Weird. 

Started reasonably well but has some have already said it really started to unravel after the second international break of the season. Freezing out Westwood and Hutchinson was a mistake as was not perervering with Joao and Nuhiu who had really performed for him when needed when he first arrived. Once it started to go wrong he was either too stubborn or clueless to address the problems, perhaps a bit of both?

10 hours ago, McRightSide said:

How was the form of Leeds at the time?

They were imploding. It was the easiest game of the lot.

You were wrong about Jos, it’s fine

Going into that game, Leeds' form in the league was W1 D5 L7 after previously winning four in a row. Pretty bad, there's no denying that. But I thought it would be interesting to compare it against our results over the same period, and it was exactly the same. More immediately, Leeds had collected 5 points from the previous 5 games to our 1.

I can only assume that if you were able to take those circumstances and predict that it would be 'easy' for one of those teams with such clarity of perception, that you must be hoovering money from bookmakers every weekend and are posting from your own private island in the Caribbean?

Or alternatively, you could be using the benefits of hindsight and coming to a conclusion that you are now trying to bolster by forcing the evidence to conform with it, rather than the usually more reliable method of approaching this from the opposite direction?

Edited by DJMortimer

6 hours ago, edwinowl said:

I too thought he was doing ok and at times it seemed we were getting there.  He did well bringing the youngsters through (not sure what's happening with Thornily though ) but he just alienated himself with the Westwood/Hutch situation and I'd still love some kind of explanation. Dawson got game time and we've now benefited already from that as he's no greenhorn anymore. 

JL was just such a left field appointment love to hear from DC where his appointment came from. Did he just interview well ?  Weird. 

And ultimately cost us a play off place!! Yeah...Good Old jos 

41 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

One of the most bizarre appointments in the history of Swfc. 

In hindsight, maybe, but he had a reasonable enough CV when he came. Probably as good as Carlos's, not to mention Farke's or Wagner's. OK, he'd been out of work for a bit, but some people on here go on about him as if he was some sort of Hockaday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Going into that game, Leeds' form in the league was W1 D5 L7 after previously winning four in a row. Pretty bad, there's no denying that. But I thought it would be interesting to compare it against our results over the same period, and it was exactly the same. More immediately, Leeds had collected 5 points from the previous 5 games to our 1.

I can only assume that if you were able to take those circumstances and predict that it would be 'easy' for one of those teams with such clarity of perception, that you must be hoovering money from bookmakers every weekend and are posting from your own private island in the Caribbean?

Or alternatively, you could be using the benefits of hindsight and coming to a conclusion that you are now trying to bolster by forcing the evidence to conform with it, rather than the usually more reliable method of approaching this from the opposite direction?

I was posting exactly the same at the time 

He was crap.

He tried to con us into believing Westwood, Hutch etc. weren't good enough.

Nothing more needs to be said, aside from we plucked him from unemployment, and that's where he he's gone back to. All the clubs in the world can't be wrong.

Reminds me of disasterous Dave Jones, who retired after us. We have a history of giving Managers very well paid jobs, who nobody else would employ. 

8 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

He was crap.

Nothing more needs to be said, aside from we plucked him from unemployment, and that's where he he's gone back to. All the clubs in the world can't be wrong.

Reminds me of disasterous Dave Jones, who retired after us. We have a history of giving Managers very well paid jobs, who nobody else would employ. 

He isn't unemployed - he is managing in Germany again.

8 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

He was crap.

870399062_SideEye.gif.10f78a9ae1e9742897a49320426b63bd.gif

• Haha 2

On 16/08/2019 at 07:50, Mr Farrell said:

He was crap.

I am Megson Cult member but Dave Jones was the manager when we got promoted from the pub league and a long way from being our worst. 

Reading his autobiography I think he was increasingly fed up of the unfounded accusations being blared out by oppo fans on the terraces. OK he lost the plot a bit but I think he’d lost the heart for it before then. 

Jos came in at a time when injuries was crippling the squad and a transfer embargo was looming without our knowledge. He kept us from getting relegated which was a real possibility at the time of his appointment. He blooded young players most quite successfully in a poor ageing squad. He got the best out of Atdhe which i doubt will ever be seen again from him. 

Jos was unfortunate with the hand he was dealt but made some massive mistakes. But on the positive side his biggest mistake of freezing out big players has now had a beneficial effect of allowing them to fully recover from old niggling injuries and they came back fresh and wanting to prove a point.

We was lucky that no lasting damage done. Also young players got some experience and game time. Jos spent the least money probably of all managers. 

I not a Jos supporter but can see the effects of some of his decisions that have now benefited the club in the long run. 

The big mistake was not replacing him before the new season. With hindsight this is easier to say. 

The situation was never a permanent one and i feel he did his best with what he had available.

I sure my thoughts dont make me more or less a genuine fan or not. I think these are just a few of the facts that make it unreasonable to make any comments of I knew then or I could see it straight away ??? Fact is nobody could as we did and don't even now know the full situation of what was happening at any level in the club. All we can do is comment on what has happened since he left and if we think these have been a benefit or detriment to the club with the benefit of hindsight included. I struggling to think of any real detriment he caused. We was never going to go up that season and if anyone can think of any long lasting damage he caused i sure they will fill me in, in the normal owlstalk way ????

11 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Jos came in at a time when injuries was crippling the squad and a transfer embargo was looming without our knowledge. He kept us from getting relegated which was a real possibility at the time of his appointment. He blooded young players most quite successfully in a poor ageing squad. He got the best out of Atdhe which i doubt will ever be seen again from him. 

Jos was unfortunate with the hand he was dealt but made some massive mistakes. But on the positive side his biggest mistake of freezing out big players has now had a beneficial effect of allowing them to fully recover from old niggling injuries and they came back fresh and wanting to prove a point.

We was lucky that no lasting damage done. Also young players got some experience and game time. Jos spent the least money probably of all managers. 

I not a Jos supporter but can see the effects of some of his decisions that have now benefited the club in the long run. 

The big mistake was not replacing him before the new season. With hindsight this is easier to say. 

The situation was never a permanent one and i feel he did his best with what he had available.

I sure my thoughts dont make me more or less a genuine fan or not. I think these are just a few of the facts that make it unreasonable to make any comments of I knew then or I could see it straight away ??? Fact is nobody could as we did and don't even now know the full situation of what was happening at any level in the club. All we can do is comment on what has happened since he left and if we think these have been a benefit or detriment to the club with the benefit of hindsight included. I struggling to think of any real detriment he caused. We was never going to go up that season and if anyone can think of any long lasting damage he caused i sure they will fill me in, in the normal owlstalk way ????

Any lasting damage? How about his name being associated with Sheffield Wednesday for starters?