Jo's supporters....

7 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Things went badly wrong in his final ten games, but Luhukay did the job we needed him to do when he arrested our slide under Carvalhal, and he did it very effectively - getting the kind of results which suggested we could be in with a chance of challenging for the playoffs after a full summer to work with the squad, and somehow turning Nuhiu and João into free-scoring centre forwards in the process. Another weird quirk of Luhukay's tenure is that he got Forestieri scoring at a better rate than all his other managers have managed.

It's easy to forget, but we actually started last season well, despite some apparently odd decisions, and sat in the top six after the first dozen games. Unfortunately, once the wheels came off, he appeared to have no clue how to return us to winning ways, and the writing was quickly on the wall. I'd love to hear his take on his Wednesday tenure at some point, as whatever went off behind the scenes during that October international break totally decimated a season which had looked to be going okay up until that point.

There seems to be a binary approach to managers among some Owlstalkers, as if we need to pick sides and be either totally in favour of or totally against each incumbent, leaving very little room for shades of grey. To suggest that anyone who ever saw anything positive during Luhukay's tenure isn't a genuine supporter is just asinine.

Exactly. Plus he was darn stubborn. Clearly pissed off two very popular characters in the dressing room. Once form dropped there was no coming back.

"and I say unto you, ye Jos following heathens who follwed the antichrist and mourned as he sat in the railway station awaiting 16.20 to perdition and damnation!!!!

"Where are ye NOW!!!!

"Suckling at the breast of Bullen like the treacherous serpent of  Eden????"

Tempting him to eat of the apple...or play Fox at millwall?

We know you are amongsteth..err ..eth us and I will root you out tree and branch..Thus spaketh the lord on the mount of thingy...and thus I spake..speak...say.

I know who ye are, because the search thingy on Owlspake..errr talk started working for half an hour once....be afraid...be very afraid"

47 minutes ago, RevOwl said:

No I've simply been waiting the said 7 months for the Jos fanatics who saw him as the best thing since sliced bread to say they were wrong and should never EVER support anyone who's clearly harming our great club. It's like demanding Fox plays week in week out it's just not what you do if you really do want success for your club. It's very simple really. 

Firstly, I don't think anybody actually thought Luhukay was the best thing since sliced bread. At most, he seemed to be praised for steadying a fast-sinking ship in difficult circumstances, blooding the youngsters, and getting the best out of some of our strikers. Nobody claimed he was the second coming of Bill Shankley, as far as I'm aware.

Secondly, anybody who supported Luhukay wasn't necessarily wrong. It's not some black and white, binary decision where you have to either support or slate a manager; there are usually shades of grey to these situations.

Were all those who supported him when he was parachuted into a club who'd just lost 3-0 at home to Burton Albion and emerged from Bramall Lane with a point instead of the widely-anticipated cricket score wrong to do so? How about those who supported him when he arrested our alarming slide down the table and stabilised the team, despite inheriting the worst injury crisis any of us can remember? Or how about those who supported him when he had us sat in the top six after a dozen games of the season?

Of course, things took a turn for the worse after the October international break, and those ten games which followed were an absolute car crash with very few redeeming features. But to suggest that anyone who didn't spend the entirety of Luhukay's tenure campaigning for him to be sacked didn't have the club's best interests at heart is way wide of the mark.

• Like 1

The biggest tragedy with Luhukay was that somebody actually advised Mr Chansiri to employ him. He was obviously only average at his best and by the time we got him he was on the slide and yet somebody must have said this is the man to take Wednesday forward and Chansiri bought it. Without speculating on who that. Ugh the have been, I sincerely hope that person is no longer employed by us. 

Worst manager I’ve seen here in my 35 years following the owls and this thread will do nothing to stir drama 

we currently sit top of the league with high pressing quick football 

that’s my opinion on Jos 

Seems a strange thing to do to drag up Jos’ tenure again now. We’ve had enough kicks in the teeth over the past few weeks without having to go back 9 months or more.

i did dare to believe when we crept into the top 6 at the start of last October and don’t mind admitting it. It didn’t last, and with hindsight that wasn’t a surprise, but we’re in a much better place now, so let’s focus on that instead.

UTO.

Edited by Pablo Bonvin

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

"and I say unto you, ye Jos following heathens who follwed the antichrist and mourned as he sat in the railway station awaiting 16.20 to perdition and damnation!!!!

"Where are ye NOW!!!!

"Suckling at the breast of Bullen like the treacherous serpent of  Eden????"

Tempting him to eat of the apple...or play Fox at millwall?

We know you are amongsteth..err ..eth us and I will root you out tree and branch..Thus spaketh the lord on the mount of thingy...and thus I spake..speak...say.

I know who ye are, because the search thingy on Owlspake..errr talk started working for half an hour once....be afraid...be very afraid"

tumblr_n8ortw7nsf1tghzbso1_500.gif

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Yes I supported him. 

First, he was appointed manager after an awful period in the latter months under Carlos, so I was happy to give ANY new guy support. 

Then, our results under Jos in 17/18 were promotion form. Why would ANY fan not support that? Especially considering the dire fit squad he was working with.

I lost my way with Jos in 18/19. Whatever he found in 17/18 he lost very quickly.

We had a dream run in

Only the blind and blind loyal could think that was due to good management 

The he picked van Aken as the middle of a back 3 for the first game of the following season...

5 minutes ago, horny owl said:

Carlos was a bigger problem than jos. Utter shambles of a manager who was with us far too long.

Not getting into who was the better manager / coach, but the aftermath of Carvalhal's reign is still being tidied up, whereas Luhukay's tenure turned out to be an odd period of inertia rather than anything which caused too much long-term damage. His only permanent signing was Pelupessy, who was very cheap, and Hector and Onomah were both decent loans.

My big gripe with way are managers are treated is that they have one season to prove themselves,  If they aren't challenging for the top six by Christmas then the fans turn on them.

Managers need time to get their ethos into the club, sign players who can play to his wants and transfer players who don't fit in with his plans.

All this takes time and often it's one step forward two step back before he can get the team, club moving in the right direction.  

Two years minimum three seasons ideally. 

10 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

My big gripe with way are managers are treated is that they have one season to prove themselves,  If they aren't challenging for the top six by Christmas then the fans turn on them.

Managers need time to get their ethos into the club, sign players who can play to his wants and transfer players who don't fit in with his plans.

All this takes time and often it's one step forward two step back before he can get the team, club moving in the right direction.  

Two years minimum three seasons ideally. 

Jos got his ethos into the club very quickly. Within 3 months of arriving.

that was the problem

10 hours ago, RevOwl said:

I just want to ask something of the so called Jos supporters. Now he's finally gone and we've turned ourselves around again since his rightful sacking did the people who used to praise him and rate him actually mean it? I don't believe you possibly could for one minute. I and many more think you were on a wind up or simply United fans that had registered yourselves on here and were full of praise for him because you was overjoyed in watching him destroying our club and hoping we'd stick with him so you could sit back and watch us tumble down the leagues.  He was quite possibly the worst manager we've ever had so to big him up or want him to remain as manager can only mean you had an ulterior motive. Personally i saw through you straight away and so did most people. Only genuine supporters with Wednesday's best interest at heart in future please. UP THE OWLS.

Sad post. Some people have moved on.