Jo's supporters....

I just want to ask something of the so called Jos supporters. Now he's finally gone and we've turned ourselves around again since his rightful sacking did the people who used to praise him and rate him actually mean it? I don't believe you possibly could for one minute. I and many more think you were on a wind up or simply United fans that had registered yourselves on here and were full of praise for him because you was overjoyed in watching him destroying our club and hoping we'd stick with him so you could sit back and watch us tumble down the leagues.  He was quite possibly the worst manager we've ever had so to big him up or want him to remain as manager can only mean you had an ulterior motive. Personally i saw through you straight away and so did most people. Only genuine supporters with Wednesday's best interest at heart in future please. UP THE OWLS.

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, RevOwl said:

I just want to ask something of the so called Jos supporters. Now he's finally gone and we've turned ourselves around again since his rightful sacking did the people who used to praise him and rate him actually mean it? I don't believe you possibly could for one minute. I and many more think you were on a wind up or simply United fans that had registered yourselves on here and were full of praise for him because you was overjoyed in watching him destroying our club and hoping we'd stick with him so you could sit back and watch us tumble down the leagues.  He was quite possibly the worst manager we've ever had so to big him up or want him to remain as manager can only mean you had an ulterior motive. Personally i saw through you straight away and so did most people. Only genuine supporters with Wednesday's best interest at heart in future please. UP THE OWLS.

1319811986_giphy-2019-08-14T085142_870.gif.84461021a923fa0f04e6e000a7ebd4dd.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

A lot of Owls supported Jos because he was our manager.  He turned a few things around at first and we finished his first season reasonably well, geting the best out of Nuhiu and Jaoa on the way.  Unfortunately he made a fe bad decisions that did not work out for him, and was dismissed as results took a turn for the worse.  Always happens to a manager at some time, even with such as Wenger,  Jos' demise just came round a bit sooner.  Its over gone, why bring it up, point scoring? hindsight I know best?

• Like 1

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Don't think anybody really thought he was doing a good job. Because he clearly wasn't. 

Think a lot just refused to believe that it was all down to him,  or that anybody would actually be leaving out Westwood, Hutchinson etc in favour of young kids purely for footballing reasons and assumed there had to be more behind the scenes than we were being told.  That may still be the case although it seems unlikely now.

He was sh#t.  But we move on.

Yes I supported him. 

First, he was appointed manager after an awful period in the latter months under Carlos, so I was happy to give ANY new guy support. 

Then, our results under Jos in 17/18 were promotion form. Why would ANY fan not support that? Especially considering the dire fit squad he was working with.

I lost my way with Jos in 18/19. Whatever he found in 17/18 he lost very quickly.

Edited by Holmowl
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, RevOwl said:

I think you’ll find most Wednesday fans, or any football supporters, will usually fall into line behind any manager, or new signing 

Things went badly wrong in his final ten games, but Luhukay did the job we needed him to do when he arrested our slide under Carvalhal, and he did it very effectively - getting the kind of results which suggested we could be in with a chance of challenging for the playoffs after a full summer to work with the squad, and somehow turning Nuhiu and João into free-scoring centre forwards in the process. Another weird quirk of Luhukay's tenure is that he got Forestieri scoring at a better rate than all his other managers have managed.

It's easy to forget, but we actually started last season well, despite some apparently odd decisions, and sat in the top six after the first dozen games. Unfortunately, once the wheels came off, he appeared to have no clue how to return us to winning ways, and the writing was quickly on the wall. I'd love to hear his take on his Wednesday tenure at some point, as whatever went off behind the scenes during that October international break totally decimated a season which had looked to be going okay up until that point.

There seems to be a binary approach to managers among some Owlstalkers, as if we need to pick sides and be either totally in favour of or totally against each incumbent, leaving very little room for shades of grey. To suggest that anyone who ever saw anything positive during Luhukay's tenure isn't a genuine supporter is just asinine.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2