European Football Official Thread 2019/20

On 01/10/2019 at 22:16, WalthamOwl said:

Spurs 2v7 Bayern. Wow. Ex Arsenal player Gnarby scores 4. Why the hell did Arsenal let him go!?!

Pulis had Gnabry on loan at WBA and said he’s astonished by his improvement since the days he was in England. We can all question Pulis’ ability to judge a player but seeing as arsenal then let him go on the cheap he’s probably right on this occasion. 

AC Milan are strange these days, meant to be owned by rich people yet just appointed an average journeyman manager who previously managed their rivals and supported them as a boy too!

It’s actually a shame to see Italian football as a whole become so weak compared to when I followed it growing up watching football italia on a Sunday afternoon 

In a funny way the worse thing about Italian football is Juventus. If they weren't so dominant it could be arguably the most competitive of the top leagues. 

I still think Italian football culture is superb, I recommend anyone going to a game. Been to a few over there for various teams and its brilliant.  

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

In a funny way the worse thing about Italian football is Juventus. If they weren't so dominant it could be arguably the most competitive of the top leagues. 

I still think Italian football culture is superb, I recommend anyone going to a game. Been to a few over there for various teams and its brilliant.  

Going to fiorentina v lazio in a couple of weeks. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Sampdoria have appointed Ranieri. 
Used to feel they were the Sheffield Wednesday of Italian football, prior to our last 20 years!  Hopefully we’ll be back in the top league one day 

Good shout, enjoyed watching Sampdoria in the 90’s.  Football italia on a Sunday 2pm in the Autumn, Sampdoria V Fiorentina. Good times 

Arsenals attendance tonight is shocking. 

Just shows how much of a tourist club they have become.

I'd love to see them get relegated, that ground would be empty.

I'd also love to see them get relegated because I still haven't forgiven them for 93.

Edited by Spuddy01
I hate arsenal