European Football Official Thread 2019/20

Game over

Just a matter of his many Bayern score imo

PSG completely run out of ideas

Di Maria and Mbappe having awful games

I hope they can turn it around but looking extremely unlikely

Is there anything more infuriating than when a referee signals that the player got the ball when replays clearly show they didn’t! 

The incident shows exactly why VAR is needed, the idea itself is absolutely still relevant. Then implementation needs some serious work.

Was deserved on how the game was ayed tonight despite pdg having their moments. 

On another note. Must applaud Owen Hargreaves on keeping up the long fine tradition of footballers piling on the weight in retirement. By no means razor ruddock, yet, but thank you sir for making the rest of humankind feel that little bit better about ourselves. 

Paredes was pap. Front 3 were poor for psg and subs made no impact. 

How Neymar is so highly regarded is beyond me. Flatters to deceive almost every time I watch him. 

Understandably cagy, but Bayern were in control all 2nd half. The big difference they have is Neuer makes HUGE saves that no other keeper makes as consistently at key moments 

I admit I don't watch much European football so my opinion of Neymar is based on world cups, whenever he's played English sides and this final but I have never seen Neymar as the player he's meant to be

• Like 1
14 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

How selfish and overrated is Neymar.

Been useless tonight!

Not much gives you more pleasure than seeing that cheating bellennd on the losing side in a Champions league final.

• Like 1

I thought PSG were pretty good apart from the finishing and could have won but when they went a goal down  they panicked and were looking to pass to Neymar at every opportunity and didn't try anything else. And Bayern were just marking him out the game completely by that point.   

Crazy that champ league qualifiers had already started before the final was played.

These are also one legged games and whilst not European powerhouses by any means, one of Greece and Turkeys biggest teams will be bowing out tomorrow ( Besiktas or PAOK) so they may argue this format goes against them particularly if it reverts to 2 legged games after the group stage. 

On 13/08/2019 at 22:02, alanharper said:

And for the second year in a row Celtic are knocked out of the Champions League before there's even a thread up 

:PhotoEditor_20190811_181128351:

The thread has gone full circle... 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1