No tickets for sale for The North Stand for Luton

On 12/08/2019 at 18:58, dorian gray said:

build a bridge half way across the river for away fans.

What do they do at the half way point? Swim, jump?

1. The safety advisory group will:-

1. Give its advice, guidance and support to those involved in the management of sports stadiums   not exactly giving support

• To ensure that spectator safety is of the highest attainable standard as is reasonably practical not exactly ensuring the safety of fans heading out on to Penistone Road

I wish people would stop mentioning any problems leaving via Penistone Rd.  You are playing straight in SAG/SYP's hands.  They will use this as an excuse to reduce capacity on the North and Kop.  Then when questioned will say they did it due to supporters concerns. They want us out and are playing you like fiddles.

11 hours ago, Animis said:

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/content/dam/sheffield/docs/business/sports-grounds/SWFC Safety Cert 2018.pdf

The above was our 2018 certificate having been granted on 10th August 2018, which coincidently, a year on, was the day of the Barnsley match.

Interestingly it confirms the specific ground restrictions and actual capacity of 34,571. We seem to be restricted by the Physical condition and safety management (P&S) factor calculation in determining capacity - most of the stands are at less than factor 1.0.

Now see the SUFC certificate:https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/content/dam/sheffield/docs/business/sports-grounds/SUFC Safety Cert 2018.pdf

They have no P&S restrictions, and are simply allowed to net off the first row in their west stand areas when supporters 'mix'. I assume they all spill out onto Bramhall Lane after the match, just like Leppings Lane - funny that....

Is this still our working capacity? (Minus the extra in the North now)

15 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

I wish people would stop mentioning any problems leaving via Penistone Rd.  You are playing straight in SAG/SYP's hands.  They will use this as an excuse to reduce capacity on the North and Kop.  Then when questioned will say they did it due to supporters concerns. They want us out and are playing you like fiddles.

Er, they already have further reduced the capacity of the north. It’s now season ticket holders only until further notice. 

13 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Apart from a couple of seasons on the Lepp, and 4 or 5 seasons on the South, I've sat in the North since the late sixties

There's always problems when the Blunts come, similar with Leeds, I remember problems at the Palace game when we got relegated, and West Ham a few seasons ago

For the last 15 years we've approached the ground down Leppings Lane and entered through the turnstyles on Leppings Lane without problems

I've lost count of the amount of away games I've been to where we've been locked in for 10 or 15 minutes after the game, every time without issue

So explain to me why South Yorkshire Police can't police a football fixture with 2,500 away supporters

Or in Luton's case, probably less than a thousand

I've been to Brammall Lane on numerous occassions and the trouble is always worse outside their ground

There's an agenda going on here

Absolutely spot on.

The trouble in March with the pig game was caused by SYP.  Blocking LL with double parked coaches, police vans etc made no sense.  Made the exit away from the ground far more congested added to the fact they failed to hold the pigs back just compounded the issue.  

I'd understand if they put this into place just for games against pigs and maybe Leeds, but Barnsley, Luton and QPR...come off it.

3 hours ago, Castleford Owl said:

Is this still our working capacity? (Minus the extra in the North now)

I believe the recent measures and further reduction in the available North Stand seats are extra to the capacity restrictions in the August 2018 safety cert. I haven't seen how many seats are affected, but SWFC said, 'a small reduction of available seats on the day'.

5 hours ago, Sham67 said:

Correct

• Thanks 1

SYP said they wished to police Sheffield football differently and use far less officers. I think they understood the matches were overstaffed.  I wonder wether they have had the assessment of the ground done in order to assist their planning. Unfortunately the bloke from MMU came up with his results. Because he doesn't understand football? Because he is a risk averse academic? They approached the club in order to sort it,who didn't turn up for the first meeting and then came up with a half hearted solution for the next meeting, with both parties not realising the end result would be what we now have. No conspiracy, no vendetta. Just unforeseen consequences? 

Edited by stanningtonowl
  • Like 1

Haven't read the whole thread but has the question of why wasn't this bought up with the club at the end of last season so we could have made alterations if necessary to the problem areas? The timing of this means it will be difficult to do anything with out disrupting match days even more. Which again brings up the conspiracy rumours which I'm sure are probably untrue.

On 12/08/2019 at 17:16, upperwinngardensowl said:

Here’s my futile attempt to get a response from the SYP police commissioner 

Dear Mr Billings
Are you aware of the ridicule and vitriol that is being aimed at SYP as a result of the draconian and senseless actions taken in relation to the free movement of people around the Hillsborough stadium and the banning of the sale of tickets for the North stand?
This is not to mention the ridiculous decision to funnel thousands of fans in one direction onto an open main artery dual carriageway? God knows what will happen at night games on Penistone Road and these actions have CREATED a public safety issue.
As commissioner this is done in your name and you will be one of those held responsible when the inevitable happens.

Maybe you could go to your MP about this, unless of course you're a Sheffield Hallam constituent, and get them to send it to the Police Commissioner. They might have more luck getting a response from them...

Edited by Hypnotiseme
Typo

30 minutes ago, Hypnotiseme said:

Maybe you could go to your MP about this, unless of course you're a Sheffield Hallam constituent, and get them to send it to the Police Commissioner. They might have more luck getting a response from them...

I am Sheffield Hallam

Therefore basically I have had no MP since the last election 

• Haha 2