No tickets for sale for The North Stand for Luton

2 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

They've created a bottleneck onto a live dual carriageway

And someone was filming supporters exiting from the North

In my opinion, closing the North is the agenda

The agenda is to get the club to stop kicking the can down the road and come up with a genuine solution 

2 minutes ago, akbuk said:

The agenda is to get the club to stop kicking the can down the road and come up with a genuine solution 

To a problem that only exists in their head, that could be managed with some straightforward planning.

I imagine the Club just got fooked off with the constant hassle being given

2 minutes ago, akbuk said:

Then why don't they treat us like every other club in this region? 

You think we're the only club in this region who's supporters enter and leave the stadium in the same direction?

You think we're the only club in the region with a concourse not big enough to hold back away supporters? Have you been to Bramall Lane before as an away fan? 

Why aren't they getting the hassle we are? 

SYP definitely have it in for us and our ground, why wouldn't they, it reminds them of their incompetence. 

5 minutes ago, mkowl said:

To a problem that only exists in their head, that could be managed with some straightforward planning.

I imagine the Club just got fooked off with the constant hassle being given

They could have turned up to the meeting though? With a plan if it's that straightforward? Why didn't they?

4 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

They could have turned up to the meeting though? With a plan if it's that straightforward? Why didn't they?

If the club missed a meeting in JUNE why did the plod and sag leave till a couple of days before our first home game to issue this order ? 

What I fundamentally don't understand in all this is that at the Stain the home and away fans share the same stand and enter at the same end of the ground.  You also exit the away stand in the same direction as all 4 stands.  Yet the restrictions there are minimal.

Yet at Hillsborough we have to segregate home fans from home fans, provide 300 yards of neutral segregation to away fans and now seemingly close out one whole end of the stadium for the visit of 500 away fans.

I've seen away fans held back at Premier League and Champions League games all over England and Europe, yet we can't manage Barnsley and Luton?

Just not bothered...

29 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

If the club missed a meeting in JUNE why did the plod and sag leave till a couple of days before our first home game to issue this order ? 

No idea but still leaves my question unanswered. Why didn’t we turn up to the meeting? Not saying sag are right but it doesn’t look good does it? If, of course, that is the case

12 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

What I fundamentally don't understand in all this is that at the Stain the home and away fans share the same stand and enter at the same end of the ground.  You also exit the away stand in the same direction as all 4 stands.  Yet the restrictions there are minimal.

Yet at Hillsborough we have to segregate home fans from home fans, provide 300 yards of neutral segregation to away fans and now seemingly close out one whole end of the stadium for the visit of 500 away fans.

I've seen away fans held back at Premier League and Champions League games all over England and Europe, yet we can't manage Barnsley and Luton?

The mind boggles doesn’t it. DC should throw some cash at a top barrister to handle this as you could drive a tank through the sag argument 

2 hours ago, londonowl said:

What about the 90,000 that exit Wembley all into the same forecourt, roads, trains etc.

I've been to the Milan Derby, Classico and Dortmund v Bayern in the last 3 years and fans are all mingling together before and after the game.

I get that some people are bell-ends and maybe thats where we should be aiming some of our frustrations but the whole situation is so ridiculous that it can show nothing but absolute incompetence from SYP and a total inability to police a football match.

No doubt they will blame it on their budget but when you look at the public available numbers for SYP, actual coppers have reduced dramatically but the number of 'auxiliary and support staff' has gone through the roof in the last 15 years. They are choosing to spend their money on office staff and then are completely incapable of effectively policing any kind of event.

The numbers of support staff have been massively reduced as well. Cuts across the board, officers and support staff. 

1 hour ago, sweetsheri said:

I would like to know both sides of that story, only hearing one side and we don't have the history of previous communications. 

Who knows perhaps this has been discussed before or the goal posts - pun intended - keep being moved. 

48 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

The numbers of support staff have been massively reduced as well. Cuts across the board, officers and support staff. 

There was perhaps also a lot going on with the EFL, the accounts etc. 

2 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I would like to know both sides of that story, only hearing one side and we don't have the history of previous communications. 

Who knows perhaps this has been discussed before or the goal posts - pun intended - keep being moved. 

I agree but you know how it is with these type of committees.. antagonise them and they are worse. Not turning for a meeting smacks of arrogance and is likely to get a reaction like this. 

If indeed that’s what happened 

1 hour ago, stanningtonowl said:

From 2002 to 2016, the total employ of SYP fell from 4628 to 4507, a drop of 2.6%.

In 2002, there were 3199 police officers and 1429 staff.

In 2016, there were 2495 police officers and 2012 staff.

Police officer numbers fell by 22%, support staff numbers increased by 29%.

2 hours ago, akbuk said:

Apart from a couple of seasons on the Lepp, and 4 or 5 seasons on the South, I've sat in the North since the late sixties

There's always problems when the Blunts come, similar with Leeds, I remember problems at the Palace game when we got relegated, and West Ham a few seasons ago

For the last 15 years we've approached the ground down Leppings Lane and entered through the turnstyles on Leppings Lane without problems

I've lost count of the amount of away games I've been to where we've been locked in for 10 or 15 minutes after the game, every time without issue

So explain to me why South Yorkshire Police can't police a football fixture with 2,500 away supporters

Or in Luton's case, probably less than a thousand

I've been to Brammall Lane on numerous occassions and the trouble is always worse outside their ground

There's an agenda going on here

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

35 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

I agree but you know how it is with these type of committees.. antagonise them and they are worse. Not turning for a meeting smacks of arrogance and is likely to get a reaction like this. 

If indeed that’s what happened 

According to SAG's ToR they meet with SWFC at least once every quarter - a planned meeting apparently. The pig game was February, so there's been two meetings since then. It would be strange if SWFC knew nothing of SYP's intention to seek an independent report on the Feb game. We should have said 'why' at this point and requested whether this was a departure from their scope, as it was always a possibility and therefore, risk that any author could find fault at a football ground, not due to the stadium safety per se but crowd behavior at the ground and streets surrounding. Give the same brief for all 96 grounds and I'm sure many would any up with restrictions - doesn't make it right though.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/content/dam/sheffield/docs/business/sports-grounds/Safety Certification and SAG Policy.pdf

• Like 1

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/content/dam/sheffield/docs/business/sports-grounds/SWFC Safety Cert 2018.pdf

The above was our 2018 certificate having been granted on 10th August 2018, which coincidently, a year on, was the day of the Barnsley match.

Interestingly it confirms the specific ground restrictions and actual capacity of 34,571. We seem to be restricted by the Physical condition and safety management (P&S) factor calculation in determining capacity - most of the stands are at less than factor 1.0.

Now see the SUFC certificate:https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/content/dam/sheffield/docs/business/sports-grounds/SUFC Safety Cert 2018.pdf

They have no P&S restrictions, and are simply allowed to net off the first row in their west stand areas when supporters 'mix'. I assume they all spill out onto Bramhall Lane after the match, just like Leppings Lane - funny that....

• Thanks 3