Jump to content
HOOTIE AND THE SHIT TU

No tickets for sale for The North Stand for Luton

Recommended Posts

Why don't we just put away fans in the grandstand, or half of it and have home fans on the lep. Problem solved.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Even they wouldn't dare go that far.

 

Steadily chipping away at the capacity seems to be their approach. 

They've created a bottleneck onto a live dual carriageway

 

And someone was filming supporters exiting from the North

 

In my opinion, closing the North is the agenda

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

They've created a bottleneck onto a live dual carriageway

 

And someone was filming supporters exiting from the North

 

In my opinion, closing the North is the agenda

If they try and close a whole stand then they lose all credibility. The SAG are flaps, but I don't think they are that nuts. For all we know that cameraman is part of the team the club has commissioned to counter SYP's report. This is why I feel the club need to be more transparent on what is happening- people are just speculating at the moment and jumping to conclusions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

They've created a bottleneck onto a live dual carriageway

 

And someone was filming supporters exiting from the North

 

In my opinion, closing the North is the agenda

 

Police were filming for sure 

 

I should be on camera pointing out how many Fletcher scored to the motorist who peeped me as I walked down Penistone Road 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

If they try and close a whole stand then they lose all credibility. The SAG are flaps, but I don't think they are that nuts. For all we know that cameraman is part of the team the club has commissioned to counter SYP's report. This is why I feel the club need to be more transparent on what is happening- people are just speculating at the moment and jumping to conclusions. 

I agree with the first part of your post but if true, then the club don't want to be publicising their counter argument, this just allows SYP and SAG to get an answer ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im in no foubt they are trying to force us out of Hillsboro.  There is an agenda at work here .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I agree with the first part of your post but if true, then the club don't want to be publicising their counter argument, this just allows SYP and SAG to get an answer ready.

Fair play. Looks like we are just going to have to be patient and hope the club can rectify things. The club shouldn't be spared from blame either- if they did miss that meeting in June then they have essentially handed a belligerent SAG/SYP an open goal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I am trying to think of how many away grounds I have exited that run either alongside / very close to where the home fans exit too. Very quickly off the top of my head - Blades, Southampton, Burnley, Charlton, QPR, Aton Villa, Newcastle, Birmingham, Derby. 

 

What about the 90,000 that exit Wembley all into the same forecourt, roads, trains etc.

 

I've been to the Milan Derby, Classico and Dortmund v Bayern in the last 3 years and fans are all mingling together before and after the game.

 

I get that some people are bell-ends and maybe thats where we should be aiming some of our frustrations but the whole situation is so ridiculous that it can show nothing but absolute incompetence from SYP and a total inability to police a football match.

 

No doubt they will blame it on their budget but when you look at the public available numbers for SYP, actual coppers have reduced dramatically but the number of 'auxiliary and support staff' has gone through the roof in the last 15 years. They are choosing to spend their money on office staff and then are completely incapable of effectively policing any kind of event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely they could divert cars up herries road between 1630-1700 each match day.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, modboy said:

Surely they could divert cars up herries road between 1630-1700 each match day.

 

They would rather force thousands more supporters onto a live duel carriageway,  then sit and wait for the inevitable accident , then use it as a reason to reduce capacity even more. SYP are playing Russian roulette with peoples lives just to gain more ammo to fire at the club.

 

They disgust me.i have zero respect for SYP. They are currupt to the core.

Edited by S36 OWL
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I'm a bit confused by this. Am I right in thinking that the stand will still be used but its how people exit the stand that's been changed?.Said last season that I'm surprised the safety of the stand hasn't been bought into question due to it being over 50 years old as a reason for cutting capacity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, londonowl said:

 

What about the 90,000 that exit Wembley all into the same forecourt, roads, trains etc.

 

I've been to the Milan Derby, Classico and Dortmund v Bayern in the last 3 years and fans are all mingling together before and after the game.

 

I get that some people are bell-ends and maybe thats where we should be aiming some of our frustrations but the whole situation is so ridiculous that it can show nothing but absolute incompetence from SYP and a total inability to police a football match.

 

No doubt they will blame it on their budget but when you look at the public available numbers for SYP, actual coppers have reduced dramatically but the number of 'auxiliary and support staff' has gone through the roof in the last 15 years. They are choosing to spend their money on office staff and then are completely incapable of effectively policing any kind of event.

You don’t realise how accurate you are. It’s all well and good having civilians doing jobs, but when the wheels come off there’s no back up. 

Many of the prombles at SYP are down to very poor management. Not the lads and lasses working their nads off on the frontline. And there is one main reason for bad management and that’s the recruitment process. It’s not hard to work out if you read into enough who pulls the strings at SYP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Appreciate that the following suggestion is going to be unpopular and controversial but.....

 

Would an easy short term solution be to give the middle section of the kop to away fans and for us to have Leppings Lane?

 

I know this should see me burnt at the stake as an heretic but desperate times call for desperate measures.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get that the concourse isn’t big enough for a 10 mins hold back but is there any reason why away supports couldn’t remain in their seats for 10 mins? 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JG13 said:

I get that the concourse isn’t big enough for a 10 mins hold back but is there any reason why away supports couldn’t remain in their seats for 10 mins? 

 

Realistically, for 95% of our games, is there any reason everyone can't just be released together? 

 

If our fans so bad that we are bashing up away supporters at every opportunity then SYP should start convicting people and get banning orders. 

 

The whole thing is a smokescreen for a total failure of policing of what is, let's be honest, a fairly routine event (a football match attended by less than 30,000 people).

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nut said:

I take it they dont sit at the leppings lane end of the North?

A couple of them do but they said that they were fine even though it was more of a walk for them...mind you they're not whinging fannies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

A couple of them do but they said that they were fine even though it was more of a walk for them...mind you they're not whinging fannies.

Are you saying I am?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sweetsheri said:

Why don't we just put away fans in the grandstand, or half of it and have home fans on the lep. Problem solved.

 

Wouldn't that create the same issue in SAG/SYP minds? Supporters entering and leaving the stadium too close to each other? 

 

Sounds ridiculous doesn't it, fans at loads of grounds enter and leave the stadium close to each other, or leave in the same direction, but then again, SYP aren't fit for purpose are they. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The solution is to knock down the Leppings Lane end and rebuild it somewhere at the other side of Wynn Gardens, but only if all away fans are then filtered out of the city via Oughtibridge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, londonowl said:

 

What about the 90,000 that exit Wembley all into the same forecourt, roads, trains etc.

 

I've been to the Milan Derby, Classico and Dortmund v Bayern in the last 3 years and fans are all mingling together before and after the game.

 

I get that some people are bell-ends and maybe thats where we should be aiming some of our frustrations but the whole situation is so ridiculous that it can show nothing but absolute incompetence from SYP and a total inability to police a football match.

 

No doubt they will blame it on their budget but when you look at the public available numbers for SYP, actual coppers have reduced dramatically but the number of 'auxiliary and support staff' has gone through the roof in the last 15 years. They are choosing to spend their money on office staff and then are completely incapable of effectively policing any kind of event.

What an excellent example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...