No tickets for sale for The North Stand for Luton

3 minutes ago, Lombado said:

A lot don't actually live in Sheffield anymore.

I moved away 15 years ago but still have a ST.....

Are you really suggesting his claim has any basis in fact.  Try thinking before posting.

3 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Are you really suggesting his claim has any basis in fact.  Try thinking before posting.

I think it was a reasonablke statement to make.

A lot of areas of Sheffield do not even house English perople, never mind Sheffielders.

A lot of people will say they have a soft spot for any articular club, but only a small percentage are active supporters.

I am also aware that several people who sit near me do not live in Sheffield.

I think the withholding of council tax was just a bit of a joke.....but the percentage of Wednesdayites is about right.

none on sale for QPR either... this is beyond ridiculous!

one incident on leppings lane against the pigs (which the police caused) and they see fit to stop us selling tickets in a stand and make all home supporters exit onto penistone road, absolute disgrace

SYP and SAG are not fit for purpose

Luton is our first match as we're on holiday. Was hoping it'd be sorted out by then to be honest. Not really looking forward to the extra walk to get in. For the derby last season we went out of the penistone road end as I didn't want to take my 12 year old past the away fans. I'm not sure an entire stand going that way is a good idea though. I hope penistone Road is closed the way leppings lane is. It seems the club are responsible for traffic management around the ground so we can shut it from Parkside Road to vere Road. 

4 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Luton is our first match as we're on holiday. Was hoping it'd be sorted out by then to be honest. Not really looking forward to the extra walk to get in. For the derby last season we went out of the penistone road end as I didn't want to take my 12 year old past the away fans. I'm not sure an entire stand going that way is a good idea though. I hope penistone Road is closed the way leppings lane is. It seems the club are responsible for traffic management around the ground so we can shut it from Parkside Road to vere Road. 

If we are going to carry on with this nonsense.  Penistone Road needs closing in both directions from the Junction of LL to Herries Rd South.  Traffic can be diverted via Herries Road and Herries Rd South.

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

Agreed, it wasn't Saturday though and is an accident waiting to happen 

2 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

There was 28,000 there on Saturday...talking to some mates about exiting via Penistone Rd after the match and every one of them said it was fine and didn't seem much longer than usual

My usual route is to walk down leppings lane from Middlewood Road and enter via North stand turnstiles. I live that side of Sheffield so if I have the car I park opposite the park. I walk back the same way. I've left via the penistone road exit before and it's quite a bit further to walk and is on a dual carriageway. I weigh up my sons safety before deciding which exit to use. At the derby game we went out of the kop end. Every other game including Leeds, Millwall and the villa match that was packed, we use the LL end. Never see any trouble on the approach but have seen it up around the tram stop. These restrictions make life harder whilst not solving any issues. 

We all know SAG are going to shut the North Stand down completely don't we

They are just waiting for the report that says there are too many supporters exiting at the same time onto a live dual carriageway

This is the real reason they won't allow exit via the Leppings Lane end

So they can justify closing the entire stand

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

They are just waiting for the report that says there are too many supporters exiting at the same time onto a live dual carriageway

This is my view as well. 

20 hours ago, Animis said:

SAG need to act independently and consult with independent experts before deciding matters. The SAG panel need to be scrutinized and held to account in this - not just say, 'ok SYP, this report must be legitimate', and wave it through as the only outcome or option.

In terms of kicking off, I would assume the fans and club, would be held to the same laws and crowd safety messages as the other local teams. Any trouble at Hillsborough must be subject to the same assessment and outcomes of that of say SUFC. If we accept that Hillsborough is somehow different, we are entering very worrying territory.

This is the key for me - without wishing to add yet another pointless layer of bureaucracy, who scrutinises the SAG to ensure they're acting in everyone's best interests? 

It would take a genuinely independent observer about five seconds to work out that the levels of segregation demanded are absurd and that their solution to a "problem" that's flared up once in the last year is both ridiculous and dangerous?

3 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

There was 28,000 there on Saturday...talking to some mates about exiting via Penistone Rd after the match and every one of them said it was fine and didn't seem much longer than usual

I take it they dont sit at the leppings lane end of the North?

18 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Even they wouldn't dare go that far.

Steadily chipping away at the capacity seems to be their approach. 

13 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Even they wouldn't dare go that far.

Steadily chipping away at the capacity seems to be their approach. 

They've created a bottleneck onto a live dual carriageway

And someone was filming supporters exiting from the North

In my opinion, closing the North is the agenda

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.