if it was Bullen - who would be his assistant?

So, if Bullen did get the job, who would we all want him to bring in alongside him? I think the next 2 games could seal it for him, although I would be a little cautious of the opening month not being the most difficult.

He's surrounded by good coaches and staff as it stands and Nicky Weaver is held in high regard. I don't think Weaver is assistant Manager level though.

So, who could he bring in as his assistant?

Would Stuart Grey come back? They have worked together previously Gray is an experienced managerial head who I think would work well in the background.

Are there any ex players who spring to mind? Would Sheridan want to work as a number 2?

What about ex-team meates of Bullen?

If he got the job, his assistant could make or break him.

Gray is assistant coach at Fulham

People need to get out of this fantasy world that he'd come back 

Plus he was sacked by DC

Plus Sheridan is a shitee manager ,so wouldn't make a good coach

Edited by WelshOwl74
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Matt_1 said:

So, if Bullen did get the job, who would we all want him to bring in alongside him? I think the next 2 games could seal it for him, although I would be a little cautious of the opening month not being the most difficult.

He's surrounded by good coaches and staff as it stands and Nicky Weaver is held in high regard. I don't think Weaver is assistant Manager level though.

So, who could he bring in as his assistant?

Would Stuart Grey come back? They have worked together previously Gray is an experienced managerial head who I think would work well in the background.

Are there any ex players who spring to mind? Would Sheridan want to work as a number 2?

What about ex-team meates of Bullen?

If he got the job, his assistant could make or break him.

GrAy was manager here and sacked by DC so I doubt he's come back if asked and certainly not as an assistant manager.  I even doubt DC would offer him a job.

It's a shame because I thought SG did a cracking job when he was in charge considering the players he had to work with. He's a top defensive coach as well.

Glenn Whelan.

Needs a club, done his badges, instant respect from the team due to a stellar playing career, by all accounts has always been a fantastic and focused trainer as a player,  and knows Bullen.

Handy midfielder still as well.

Only issue - does he still want regular football to keep playing for ROI.

• Like 1

Burton, Gray are good shouts. Keane? JOKING. To be honest i'm sure Bullen would have someone lined up who he knows well. If Gray then i would be very happy as i liked him, and Burton the same. Someone with experience i think is the way to go. Steve Mclaren was a good number 2. JOKING. I think experience will help Bullen ride the bumps that come with being wednesday boss.

Did Bullen play at the time of Graham Coughlan? I think he's managing somewhere lower league. Might not like going from no1 to no2, but then again he might like the idea of coming to a bigger club.

Saw an interview at Newcastle a couple of weeks ago, and Neil Redfearn was there. Wonder if he's feeling pushed out by the three steve's. Got a wealth of experience. Could do worse.

6 minutes ago, Hodgyowl said:

Terry Burton ?

He needs someone like this. Experienced coach who has done it and seen it all.
I really dont agree with those people who say if its not broke dont fix it about not having an assistant manager.
Yes won first two games but bound to have a couple of poor results soon, just how football works and need back up with coaches and in modern football its too much for Bullen and Weaver to run it all over the medium to long term.

58 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

Ignore the Stewart Graye comments - it was just a suggestion.

The main point - who could Bullen bring in? Any ex-colleagues? Do you tend to know your assistant from previous?

Somebody he used to work with at the estate agent? 

• Haha 1

If Bullen gets the job, then he needs an experienced head next to him and we still are 2 coaches down from the 2 that went to Newcastle 

I would be tempted to move away from people who know the club just to get a different perspective on it. Bullen, Weaver, Thompson have that area covered