It's Make Your Mind Up Time

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Another week passed and another game played without having a proper coaching team in place.

How much longer do we allow this situation to continue?

I see Huddersfield have sacked their manager; do we think they'll just leave it a month or so to see how the caretaker's getting on?

Very poor.

DC isn't a man of action. Whether it be appointing a manager, moving a failed manager on, or moving players on.

Unusual.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Very poor.

DC isn't a man of action. Whether it be appointing a manager, moving a failed manager on, or moving players on.

Unusual.

I've not been one to criticise Chansiri too much, but this apparent paralysis is not healthy and could quickly come back to bite us if we're not careful.

As it was last week when I started this thread, decisive action is needed if we're to give ourselves the best chance of competing this season.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

6 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Very poor.

Unusual.

The unusual thing about any post of yours would be if you wasn't criticizing the club...as Richard Pryor said " you really have to be a dumb motherfuck**  to  agree with someone who makes you look fuckingstupid...that counts for the majority of OT as far as you are concerned 

15 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

It's ok to be critical when you can suggest possible solutions.

We know and have Bullen - who should we replace him with?  6 points from 3 games and not done too much wrong.

I understand the predicament.  Who do we replace him with right here, right now?

It's not about whether or not we should replace Bullen; it's about appointing a permanent manager, be that Bullen or somebody else, and properly equipping them with the kind of coaching team that other Championship promotion contenders have.

Losing Bruce, Clemence and Agnew has left a huge void in our coaching team, and over a month later we've still not addressed that.

31 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

It's ok to be critical when you can suggest possible solutions.

We know and have Bullen - who should we replace him with?  6 points from 3 games and not done too much wrong.

I understand the predicament.  Who do we replace him with right here, right now?

Norman Cook ?.....

• Haha 3

I think it’s time to appoint someone externally. Not that I think Bullen couldn’t do it, but the question will be raised about him after each result and the question of experience and whether it is required for a key season will not go away.

Kill that, get someone in who is similar but  has the experience and ensure Bullen is part of their team. Rowett is still the man for me.

9 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I think it’s time to appoint someone externally. Not that I think Bullen couldn’t do it, but the question will be raised about him after each result and the question of experience and whether it is required for a key season will not go away.

Kill that, get someone in who is similar but  has the experience and ensure Bullen is part of their team. Rowett is still the man for me.

Rowett was my choice from the list available but I've gone right off him watching Sky last few weeks.  Sad but true - so really not sure.  

Pretty sure that DC had Bruce lined up before Jos departed so maybe he's working on something in the background this time?

39 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Rowett was my choice from the list available but I've gone right off him watching Sky last few weeks.  Sad but true - so really not sure.  

Pretty sure that DC had Bruce lined up before Jos departed so maybe he's working on something in the background this time?

Can only think he’s trying to coax Hughton to change his mind or he’s genuinely torn and doesn’t know what to do! 

Possibly waiting to see which EPL manager is fired and could go for them 

Edited by Bluesteel

58 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Can only think he’s trying to coax Hughton to change his mind or he’s genuinely torn and doesn’t know what to do! 

Possibly waiting to see which EPL manager is fired and could go for them 

The Watford manager looks first for the chop. Not sure we’d would want him tho 

There’s lots of available managers now but they probably don’t want us either. 

:duntmatter:

• Like 1

I've seen quite a few posts blaming poor decision-making for our failure to break down ten-man Millwall.

You know who can help improve players' decision-making?

Coaches.

I'm amazed that so many seem happy for us to continue with a threadbare coaching team rather than properly addressing the mess Bruce left behind and equipping ourselves for the long season ahead.

On ‎12‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 02:54, Morepork said:

So once the result is in it's impossible to then objectively judge a performance? What we expected from the opposition and what they delivered on the day is irrelevant to my statement. Barnsley just did not test us, there are obviously reasons for that but it's how I and most people viewed the game. If you disagree with that statement and think they did test us, please explain what you saw.

Well it is like planks, some are a little thicker than others. In terms of performance Millwall were a very thin fragile plank. However despite their possession and shot statistics they managed to overcome the quality planks from S6.   

32 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Well it is like planks, some are a little thicker than others. In terms of performance Millwall were a very thin fragile plank. However despite their possession and shot statistics they managed to overcome the quality planks from S6.   

Hang on a minute, you are’t putting forward a retrospective analysis of the game are you.... The Millwall game proved my point, which was that they’d be the toughest test thus far. 

On 17/08/2019 at 20:26, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Losing Bruce, Clemence and Agnew has left a huge void in our coaching team, and over a month later we've still not addressed that.

Thank foook we lost em eh...

Form is much better since they did a runner.

But they will be for sale again soon:biggrin:

On 11/08/2019 at 21:28, Ellis Rimmer said:

It's a good point about the coaches but I would still wait the month out, if he doesn't do anything stupid by then I would give the job to Bullen. He wants to play attacking football which is a huge plus and he talks sense when on the radio. That is all I can go by as I'm not on the training pitch. He wants it and you have to credit it him for that because he has a cushty job as club coach/caretaker, that takes some guts as he isn't high profile enough to easily get another job elsewhere, he's a club man, other teams bar Dunfermline don't know him so it's a huge risk for him to take the job.

IF dc is not for appointing anyone from outside the club, then there is no rush whatsoever to appoint someone from within.

bullen is going nowhere, and needs the time (should results go our way) to further prove himself in the position.

Two weeks on since I started this thread, and we've still not got a proper coaching team in to replace the three Steves.

Regardless of the immediate results on the pitch, this period of inertia could be doing lasting damage to our prospects this season, as we're missing out on the opportunity to have a full complement of coaches drilling the squad, working on aspects of their game, developing tactics etc...

We needed a proper coaching team in place when Bruce walked out 41 days ago; we needed a proper coaching team in place when I started this thread two weeks ago; we still need a proper coaching team in place today.

Waiting.gif.c220e88aa62b88ce895e7907cf92d67c.gif