1 minute ago, TheWednesdayFC said:

Has it? I’ve never seen it.

if that’s the case have one queue for people who want a fresh one and leave the rest of us to walk up and quickly get a pre poured one. 99% of people would be happy just to get a drink.

Seriously though, how do we open dialogue with the club about this, as it’s pissed me off for years I can only assume the club aren’t aware of it. There’s thousands in lost income every week.

A few years ago. Didnt last long though as wasn't popular

11 hours ago, darra said:

Wasn't this tried with Beres and a local pie manufacturer again iirc during Lees reign and wasn't profitable for the vendors?

With just two vendors I’m surprised anyone noticed. I didn’t know this happened. To be successful I would expect the club to make a bit more of a deal about it.

How's it going to be worthwhile realistically when the window of opportunity for the vendors is only for an hour or so?  Seems a lot of bother for such a short time.  

But no experience in retail, so for once I'm not an expert in these matters, after another four or five pages on this thread I should be up to speed though.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

The club is missing out on income by being inefficient

Im just expressing my frustration as I want them to do better and take more revenue

it is currently farcical how long it takes them to provide you a cup of tea or beer

Agree with this wholeheartedly. 

And the incompetence extends in to the Wednesday Tap.

There is never enough staff on or not fully trained and the pumps must be the slowest pourers ever.

This culminates in long queues and the club not taking the revenue they ought to.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, darra said:

Been done in the past and people wanted a freshly pulled pint so wouldn't have the pre pulled ones

Pre pulled queue,  fresh pulled queue 

Another problem solved !

I wholly agree with the people who are saying ‘why can’t you go 2 hours without food’ I’ve no idea why anyone would want to purchase that over priced tat.  But people do , so it’s worth sorting . so many clubs have people pouring pints as people are selling them. It’s not rocket science is it . 

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Why does anyone buy that overpriced stuff anyway?

You can get better food a stones throw from the ground before or after the match, for probably half the price, and you don’t have to join a queue 15 deep to get it. 

All you have to do it not eat between 3pm and 5pm. 

You have just highlighted 3 or 4 issues the club should be addressing right there

Have a couple of pints before the game in the alehouse , grab a beres on way to ground , job sorted. No need to be ripoed off in the ground. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

New season. New hope

New staff behind the catering (middle of south stand)

They've actually gotten slower and more incompetent. Beyond useless

IMG_6213.JPG

They got the new  staff from Wetherspoons  as the old staff were starting to speed up a little

1 hour ago, the monk said:

Pre pulled queue,  fresh pulled queue 

Another problem solved !

What if as said you pre pull 25 pints and only sell 10?. 15 wasted pints.

2 hours ago, Mycroft said:

How's it going to be worthwhile realistically when the window of opportunity for the vendors is only for an hour or so?  Seems a lot of bother for such a short time.  

But no experience in retail, so for once I'm not an expert in these matters, after another four or five pages on this thread I should be up to speed though.

On all seriousness why do other clubs bother then?

37 minutes ago, billyblack said:

On all seriousness why do other clubs bother then?

Dunno need another few pages. Lol 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, darra said:

For starters you would easily sell that amount . Secondly , any wastage wouldn’t be as much as lost revenue from people who don’t get served or the smart ones who think ‘fornicate that , ill wait till the pub after the game’ 

Anyone see those photos at Spurs ground after the game? 

Thousands stayed behind drinking inside the stadium. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Anyone see those photos at Spurs ground after the game? 

Thousands stayed behind drinking inside the stadium. 

Bars closed at 4 here...

:duntmatter:

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, darra said:

Use machines. It works at several other busy venues, you pull them as needed 6 at a time, you can see the queue of the queue is less than 6 don’t use it go back to the hand pull.  

This is is the simplest solution in catering and is used across the world nowadays. It’s like we are stuck in 1980. 

It would speed service up massively and increase takings and get people buying who wouldn't usually because of the waiting time. 

We we need to get with the times. 

8 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Use machines. It works at several other busy venues, you pull them as needed 6 at a time, you can see the queue of the queue is less than 6 don’t use it go back to the hand pull.  

This is is the simplest solution in catering and is used across the world nowadays. It’s like we are stuck in 1980. 

It would speed service up massively and increase takings and get people buying who wouldn't usually because of the waiting time. 

We we need to get with the times. 

Simple sales forecasting would work. 

If you sold 200 pints at halftime on Saturday - look at the mix of lagers you sold and ready up a similar number through the machines as you said above, wind this up/down depending on expected attendance. 

But no - we will pull each one per each order. It's like cooking the burger and chips for each order on the food stands.....ridiculous.  

• Agree 1

So i don't eat between 3-5pm because i eat lunch before and tea after. I also drive and park up so i don't buy a beer. But we used to buy a bottle of coke to take up to our seats in the north stand. The queues were slow but manageable, but they move, it isn't the height of efficiency and have seen a lot better organisation at gigs, other football events etc, BUT i've seen worse and i don't think ours is that bad, also i think it has got better organised under Chansiri.

But my issue is cost, 1 bottle of 500ml coke, £2.50. I walk down to the ground, pop in a shop and buy 2 bottles for £2. Less than half the price. After paying for a season ticket i can't also afford to pay 100% more for stuff in general, just makes no sense. Charge £1.50 a  bottle, you still make money and i might wait until i am in the ground to buy. But to be honest Pints look fairly sensibly priced and food is ok so mine is probably a niche concern.

Overall not that bothered. We are top of the league. :image:

• Disagree 1

20 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

And that's fine but this thread is about those who want to spend their money in the club on the stuff that's up for sale at the counters

If people wish to avail themselves of the services provided by the club then that is all well and good, but surely it is reasonable to expect an efficient service, and a quality product at fair prices.

• Like 2

Just now, dumboldowl said:

If people wish to avail themselves of the services provided by the club then that is all well and good, but surely it is reasonable to expect an efficient service, and a quality product at fair prices.

That's the whole point of this thread mate - exactly that

• Like 1

Amazon | Broadband | AirBnb