South Stand Catering

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE

I was in grandstand.

Just pull 25 pints of lager 25 pints of beer in readiness.

Clear initial push and serve rest.

also - don’t offer a pint of smiths at 3.70 and a can of smiths at 3.50 - then pour the can into a pint glass.

waste of effin time.

Lager pump - beer pump. It’s not rocket science.

15 minutes ago, ka58 said:

I was in grandstand.

also - don’t offer a pint of smiths at 3.70 and a can of smiths at 3.50 - then pour the can into a pint glass.

waste of effin time.

Been done in the past and people wanted a freshly pulled pint so wouldn't have the pre pulled ones

always have a couple of beers before the game and yesterday feeling a bit peckish asked  for a packet of  crisps ..."what flavour " she asks ,salt and vinegar please .....gets back to me cubicle and feck me she's given me plain ......ok its not a big deal but if we cant get the small things right then it' can so easily spread and before you know it the back 4 are giving the ball away, fletch  is missing sitters and  we are tumbling down the league and  with the ramifications of FFP unable to stop the rot .............it needs sorting .

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, darra said:

Been done in the past and people wanted a freshly pulled pint so wouldn't have the pre pulled ones

Princesses.

I’ve read some comments in the vein of ‘what do you expect, it’s a football match’. Which 30 years ago, might be ok. Not in today’s game, it’s a day out; an ‘experience’ that clubs are supposed to be selling. 

But wanting a fresh hand pulled pint is a joke, it’s not a gastro pub in the country. Theres 15-30 minutes to serve as many possible 

At big events modern stadiums have those machine that pull 6 drinks at once. 

33 minutes ago, ka58 said:

I was in grandstand.

waste of effin time.

This is the simple and obvious solution. Pre pour before half time.

Also, you’ll notice the current system is designed to have one serving and one pulling. The one pulling is meant to be keeping up with demand so the one serving can turn and pick up pre poured pints. Whereas what’s actually happened is one takes payment then turns and watches his mate pull a pint which he then takes from him and gives to you. Meaning it takes two people to serve one pint.

Therefore not only are they not using the system how it’s been designed to speed things up, they’re actually using it in a way that is slower than a standard bar system where one person would do both jobs.

its so frustrating.

I was one of hundreds that walked away from the queue on Saturday in the grandstand as the second half was kicking off. 

Poor fan experience and so much lost revenue.

been like it for years though and nobody ever changes owt 

26 minutes ago, darra said:

Has it? I’ve never seen it.

if that’s the case have one queue for people who want a fresh one and leave the rest of us to walk up and quickly get a pre poured one. 99% of people would be happy just to get a drink.

Seriously though, how do we open dialogue with the club about this, as it’s pissed me off for years I can only assume the club aren’t aware of it. There’s thousands in lost income every week.

5 minutes ago, TheWednesdayFC said:

This is the simple and obvious solution. Pre pour before half time.

Also, you’ll notice the current system is designed to have one serving and one pulling. The one pulling is meant to be keeping up with demand so the one serving can turn and pick up pre poured pints. Whereas what’s actually happened is one takes payment then turns and watches his mate pull a pint which he then takes from him and gives to you. Meaning it takes two people to serve one pint.

Therefore not only are they not using the system how it’s been designed to speed things up, they’re actually using it in a way that is slower than a standard bar system where one person would do both jobs.

its so frustrating.

I was one of hundreds that walked away from the queue on Saturday in the grandstand as the second half was kicking off. 

Poor fan experience and so much lost revenue.

been like it for years though and nobody ever changes owt 

It's been tried pre pulling pints and people didn't line it so.itveas stopped

1 minute ago, TheWednesdayFC said:

Has it? I’ve never seen it.

if that’s the case have one queue for people who want a fresh one and leave the rest of us to walk up and quickly get a pre poured one. 99% of people would be happy just to get a drink.

Seriously though, how do we open dialogue with the club about this, as it’s pissed me off for years I can only assume the club aren’t aware of it. There’s thousands in lost income every week.

A few years ago. Didnt last long though as wasn't popular

11 hours ago, darra said:

Wasn't this tried with Beres and a local pie manufacturer again iirc during Lees reign and wasn't profitable for the vendors?

With just two vendors I’m surprised anyone noticed. I didn’t know this happened. To be successful I would expect the club to make a bit more of a deal about it.

16 hours ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

The club is missing out on income by being inefficient

Im just expressing my frustration as I want them to do better and take more revenue

it is currently farcical how long it takes them to provide you a cup of tea or beer

Agree with this wholeheartedly. 

And the incompetence extends in to the Wednesday Tap.

There is never enough staff on or not fully trained and the pumps must be the slowest pourers ever.

This culminates in long queues and the club not taking the revenue they ought to.

I wholly agree with the people who are saying ‘why can’t you go 2 hours without food’ I’ve no idea why anyone would want to purchase that over priced tat.  But people do , so it’s worth sorting . so many clubs have people pouring pints as people are selling them. It’s not rocket science is it . 

17 hours ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Why does anyone buy that overpriced stuff anyway?

You can get better food a stones throw from the ground before or after the match, for probably half the price, and you don’t have to join a queue 15 deep to get it. 

All you have to do it not eat between 3pm and 5pm. 

You have just highlighted 3 or 4 issues the club should be addressing right there

17 hours ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

New season. New hope

New staff behind the catering (middle of south stand)

They've actually gotten slower and more incompetent. Beyond useless

IMG_6213.JPG

They got the new  staff from Wetherspoons  as the old staff were starting to speed up a little

2 hours ago, Mycroft said:

How's it going to be worthwhile realistically when the window of opportunity for the vendors is only for an hour or so?  Seems a lot of bother for such a short time.  

But no experience in retail, so for once I'm not an expert in these matters, after another four or five pages on this thread I should be up to speed though.

On all seriousness why do other clubs bother then?