South Stand Catering

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE

33 minutes ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

New season. New hope

New staff behind the catering (middle of south stand)

They've actually gotten slower and more incompetent. Beyond useless

IMG_6213.JPG

Problem is youi have a group of kids barely left school on minmum wage. At best they'll earn in the region of £20 and get dogs abuse for doing it.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It is but trying to keep the thread on topic innit

lol

Its educational to tell folk its beyond stupid to buy owt in the ground..

Horse and jockey or New barrack for a drink...wander down..get an hotdog from a van....

What the club should do is make beverages and food cheaper INSIDE the bloody ground...

You can munch yer burger as you watch the lads warm up...drink yer cheap pint beneath the Kop....

Totally missing a trick ..honestly

Yesterday we bailed out of the Wednesday tap for a last pint in the south stand. We had to bail because the queue was massive due to there only being three bar staff serving. 

Went to the bar upstairs and no queue - happy days. Except for the fact the lass who was serving me didn't understand the first thing about pulling a pint that wasn't all froth. Had to tell her what to do to get it right. Funnily enough there were more staff in this bar than in the tap. :wacko:

5 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

DC needs to take a trip down to the new Tottenham ground ,the pint machines are pure beauty and will beat the rush

"Fletch is having a stormer isn't he"

"They filled it from the bottom mate it was amazing....from the bottom using some sorta....

"Get in!!!....Bannan you beauty!!!"

"an' then it sorta fills up to the top ...ends up with a head on and only takes two minutes to pou.............

"Forestieri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"its innovative...Spurs do it..Its summat to do wiv Widgets...an..

"3-0 Rhodes..what a move that was ..did you see the quick interplay between Lee , Bannan and Kadee...

"Theres a froth on top as well im really impress..

Please do f.ook off!

• Haha 3

Everything in the ground is RIP off, but there was still a massive queue for beer at half time in grandstand so the club lost money from me and I wonder how many more? Wednesday have been shocking commercially for years and should be making far more money than we do from this side of the business.

8 minutes ago, Jakes Grandad said:

Everything in the ground is RIP off, but there was still a massive queue for beer at half time in grandstand so the club lost money from me and I wonder how many more? Wednesday have been shocking commercially for years and should be making far more money than we do from this side of the business.

The refreshments at most venues or events are a rip off. Hillsborough is no different. It's a captive audience so if people can't preplan or wait until after they are going to get gouged.

I have some sympathy with the caterers. They only sell on one or 2 days per week and have restricted hours, too much stock and it gets wasted, too little and you end up with upset 'customers' . Staff work a few hours when needed for low pay so there's likely to be high turnover and a lot of inexperienced untrained staff. At football matches they are busy before kick off then dead until half time then it's manic for a bit and then that's it,. It really isn't easy to organise effectively.

Personally I can't stand the queues so I don't normally bother.