Milwall Up Next

good test for bullen this, they'll probably play matt smith so stopping crosses coming in will be important .....having 2 attacking wingers may not be a good option if he wants to stop that  or does go feck it let them worry about stopping us ........

1 hour ago, Moody said:

We (Millwall) always do well at home against the big hitters that end up in the Championship.

Have a look at our record against the likes of Leeds United, Nottingham Forest, Aston Villa, Derby County and West Ham at home - it's phenomenal. 

So, if you lot are the real deal you'll get beat and then make the playoffs! 

On a serious note, seems like it'll be an interesting game if Wednesday like hitting teams on break. As Harris lets the opposition have the ball a lot. See if they can break us down and then hit them on break using wings and then a cross. Basic. But pretty effective. 

And it's effective because no, it's not a squad of 'League One players'. It's a team of pretty solid Championship players that know they've got to give 100% every week to remain as such. I think if you asked most players that play in this league the majority would probably say they prefer facing technically better (and far richer) teams like Derby County and Nottingham Forest than Millwall at The Den. 

Not many Championship players in there, proves my point.

Millwall.jpg

22 minutes ago, S26 Owl said:

I dont think he'll play Murphy and Harris. He said in his press conference there is a time for two wingers and a time for not doing so.

I expect Bannan back in but instead of Murphy and Westwood back in. Luongo probably being the first sub for Lee

Its going to be interesting as there’s lots to consider.

I expect to see us set up in several ways over the season, however good this team may turn out to be we can’t reach the level of predictability we saw under Carlos.

Removing attacking threats from a team is a double edge sword as it serves to hand the initiative to opponents. Also, whilst we can’t ignore the opposition strengths I don’t want to see another Carlos failing of worrying more about the opposites at the total expense of our own style and strengths.

From what I’ve seen both Harris and Murphy are hardworking players in the press and their defensive duties so I don’t think it’s a given that one drops out. We’ll know shortly. 

Edited by Morepork

Touch game Millwall. We won’t be able to press these like Barnsley and Reading because there will be no playing out from the back at the den. Happily take a point now, just keep aiming to pick up on average 2 points per game and we will be up there at then of the season. 

On 11/08/2019 at 14:49, MichaelSwfc1867 said:

Never an easy place to go and they’ve not had a bad start, good opening day win against PNE at home and a very good away point yesterday at WBA. 

Will probably be our toughest test to date this season but with the pace we’ve got out wide I think we’re more than capable of beating them especially on the counter. 

For me Keiren Westwood comes back in next week, Cameron Dawson did okay yesterday but his distribution was a bit iffy at times yesterday and as most have said Keiren will organise the defence and constantly be in their ear. 

The defence has to remain the same as does the front 3, the midfield is where changes may be made. Great to have an abundance of options for the first time in a while. I’d be tempted to have Luongo and Hutch as a 2 with Lee in front.

Suddenly we have an extremely strong bench something we haven’t had in a few seasons. 

Think we will go a tad more defensive to start leaving out Murphy or Harris, bringing in Luongo and bannan for reach and Westwood straight back in of course. 

On 11/08/2019 at 14:50, Orlando_Trustful said:

I'll take a point now. 

I really hope Bullen and the players don’t go with that mindset - we need to be more “wilder” (sorry).

We go to win every match home or away and settle for a point being a decent result.

:image:

49 minutes ago, debram said:

Think we will go a tad more defensive to start leaving out Murphy or Harris, bringing in Luongo and bannan for reach and Westwood straight back in of course. 

Reach will play. 

Read what Bully has been saying about him today. 

Plus, if he does leave one of Harris or Murphy out he has to pick Reach or we only have one winger.

I expect it will be

Reach Lee Hutch Bannan Harris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1