New stadium

18 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

Hillsborough looked beautiful yesterday with the sun shining, the greenery, the river, seeing old faces etc.. There's no better stadium when we're doing well.. Yes i am sentimental cos football's all about sentiment in ways

Agree with this. A first class redevelopment of the West Stand and there wouldn’t be many better stadia outside the top flight. 

The old relic should have been nocked down after the disaster. 

1 minute ago, Bedford Owl said:

Agree with this. A first class redevelopment of the West Stand and there wouldn’t be many better stadia outside the top flight. 

The old relic should have been nocked down after the disaster. 

Sure people have said on here that it couldn't be knocked down for many years for legal reasons. I also believe knocking it down was discussed with Liverpool and they said they wouldn't object

29 minutes ago, andytrig said:

I totally agree in theory, but where would we play whilst the ground is being redeveloped? 

We don't have the luxury of being able to rent Wembley and there isn't another decent stadium in the city. There's a cr@p one but we couldn't go there could we?

We’d have to use Donny racecourse because every other local club dislikes us for a ground share!

18 minutes ago, e6owl said:

Haven't we still got planning permission for the world cup rebuild? 

No the permission lapsed a few years ago, plus DC was quoted as saying he'd seen the plans but didn't particularly like them.

28 minutes ago, Eastern said:

No club in English football have left a ground as big as ours for a new stadium.

Arsenal went from 38,000 to 61,000

West Ham from 35,000 to 60,000

Tottenham from 35,000 to 61,000

what do you mean?

Edited by Ellis Rimmer

36 minutes ago, darra said:

Sure people have said on here that it couldn't be knocked down for many years for legal reasons. I also believe knocking it down was discussed with Liverpool and they said they wouldn't object

Oh well if they are ok with it ..

47 minutes ago, andytrig said:

I totally agree in theory, but where would we play whilst the ground is being redeveloped? 

We don't have the luxury of being able to rent Wembley and there isn't another decent stadium in the city. There's a cr@p one but we couldn't go there could we?

We wouldn't need to play anywhere else if its done ONE STAND AT A TIME,knock the lepp down,do that fake face thing on hoardings like arsenal did at highbury.

Edited by DELUDED OWL

3 minutes ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

Fair point

But they've done it without premier League monies.

Just the 70 odd million they have got from player sales instead. Which is probably what has cost them the premier league in the last 3 seasons.

4 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Let’s find a ground;

Big capacity

within walking distance of thousands 

on a major route in and out of the city

on an existing tram route

Oh! Hang on.......

You're right!

It's back to Olive Grove! (On the secret new tram route).

We could keep an eye on dem pigs, too, from there! (emoji of smiley face......is it my browser that's stopping me using site emojis? I'm getting sick of describing them (emoji of....oh, b0llix))