New stadium

51 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

How are the thousands who currently walk to and from the stadium expected to get to and from this mythical site, without adding to the transport chaos that the rather large shopping centre causes every weekend?

How can Fred and Bert having to catch a bus to the ground be a reason for not moving. I'm guessing that if they have to catch a bus Sid and Eric who live nearer the new ground would be able to walk

• Like 1

Just now, darra said:

How can Fred and Bert having to catch a bus to the ground be a reason for not moving. I'm guessing that if they have to catch a bus Sid and Eric who live nearer the new ground would be able to walk

How many people live within walking distance of Meadowhall or worse Blackburn?  There will be hundreds of Fred and Berts for every Sid and Eric.

7 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Us challenging for top 6 premier league in this day and age is a complete pipe dream though. The big 3 used to be Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool... then Abramovich came along and pumped money into Chelsea and bought all the best players for a couple of seasons, spending probably £200m or so in the process. Then it became the big 4. The the arabs came along and pumped money into Man City, bought all the best players for a couple of seasons, spending probably £1bn or so in the process. Then it became the top 6... with Spurs joining them by being really astute in the transfer market and selling their best players for big money, picking up players like Eriksen and Ali on the cheap and striking gold with Kane coming through the academy. 

The circumstances at Spurs are pretty unique really.. all of the others are there because they have money from billionaires or are in the Champions League most seasons. And even now Spurs have established themselves as a Champions League team, so they're kind of cementing the financial gap between themselves and 7th or lower. I know Leicester managed it for one season in 2016 but that was a one off.. probably comes around every 20-30 years where all of the top teams have an off season at the same time.

DC can say what he wants but pretty sure he doesn't have the money to make us competitive at that level. How much money would Wednesday or anyone else need to spend to get a squad capable of challenging the top 6? You're talking billions now as the bar has been raised so far financially over the last decade. Even if we had the money there's no guarantees.. Man Utd are struggling to sign top class players despite having money and prestige which we will never have.

Sorry to be a pessimist, but if everything goes right for us we can become a solid mid table team. That has to be the objective

So we should pack up and go and watch golf or some other crap?

You have to have a dweem

15 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Yea..but you could formulate an argument that the parking is adequate, and maybe could be improved without f.ookin' upping sticks.

Then again..We are top of the league and playing quite well..So i suppose the we have to have summat to complain about

We missed a trick to improve parking at Hillsbro by not buying all the land across the road from the kop.Once the old scrap yard , charlie browns and jewelry place have been demolished you have one massive car park . 

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

So we should pack up and go and watch golf or some other crap?

You have to have a dweem

Well you can enjoy supporting the team and going to the games without hoping to get into the champions league surely

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Well you can enjoy supporting the team and going to the games without hoping to get into the champions league surely

Ive never expected owt from Wednesday , that way im never disappointed 

1 hour ago, 1867owl said:

West Ham are a totally different kettle of fish.

Firstly, they're a bigger club with a larger, more loyal support base. Some on here will disagree, but they just are. 

Secondly, as you pointed out, they're a London club.

Thirdly, they get a lot of day tripper 'casual' fans of teams like Leyton Orient and Dagenham n Redbridge. Their catchment area of potential fans, or potential swaying fans is far larger than ours.

I take your points but I stand by mine. We took over 41,000 to Cardiif (I accept everyone takes a lot) and could have sold over 40,000 v Wycombe but even more pertinently we have averaged 20,000 over the worst 20 years in our history.  A glancing blow at success and playing the top 6 glamour clubs and I am certain we'd get 40,000. The pull of the PL cannot be over estimated.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

Hillsborough looked beautiful yesterday with the sun shining, the greenery, the river, seeing old faces etc.. There's no better stadium when we're doing well.. Yes i am sentimental cos football's all about sentiment in ways

Must admit I thought she was looking good yesterday

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Upgrade Hillsborough, not a chance we should be moving grounds to appease the SYPD 

Exactly. The modern football fan drives me crazy. Football has heritage and history. Wednesday are an age old club full of tradition and what do our fans want. An IKEA stadium on an industrial estate. No thanks. 

21 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

We missed a trick to improve parking at Hillsbro by not buying all the land across the road from the kop.Once the old scrap yard , charlie browns and jewelry place have been demolished you have one massive car park . 

Which makes me think that Chansiri is looking to move if and when we get into the Prem.

Maybe someone can ask the question in the next fans fourm?

For me though I adore Hillsborough I feel that the more logical and viable option would be to build a new stadium of around 45,000 not too far from where we are and have all the mod cons like the Spurs stadium. 

It will be a sad day when we move but I can’t see us staying at Hillsborough if we become an established PL side. 

Just now, steelcityowlsfan said:

Maybe someone can ask the question in the next fans fourm?

For me though I adore Hillsborough I feel that the more logical and viable option would be to build a new stadium of around 45,000 not too far from where we are and have all the mod cons like the Spurs stadium. 

It will be a sad day when we move but I can’t see us staying at Hillsborough if we become an established PL side. 

If we could get hold of the dog track.  It would be ideal.  Open up the riverside and utilise the adjacent rail line.  Perfect imho.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

That one incident is enough to put insurance premiums up significantly and would be taken into account when proposing to sell the land - the price would be significantly reduced as a result of this. 

If your house has flooded once in the last 120 years this will be a significant factor if you try to sell it.

The best proposal short-term for me would be to buy all the houses behind the North Stand and redevelop the Leppings Lane end, this is obviously something that has been considered in the past as some of the houses were purchased. 

This is true , 3 were bought and demolished for the club shop car park 

8 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Rebuild the existing stadium on the same plot, one side at a time. Spurs did this in central London. How hard can it be? 

I totally agree in theory, but where would we play whilst the ground is being redeveloped? 

We don't have the luxury of being able to rent Wembley and there isn't another decent stadium in the city. There's a cr@p one but we couldn't go there could we?