New stadium

I love Hillsborough, it's all I've known, but increasingly unfit for purpose, due to the constant meddling by the fuckwits at SAG/SYP and limited opportunity to develop. 

DC owns a construction company and sure the stadium will be on the agenda if we become established on the premier league. 

4 minutes ago, MotherGoose said:

Imagine it’s not cost effective. You’d want to replace 3/4 stands probably and you may as well just start again once you’re at that point. 

Regardless I can’t see it happening because it’s a hugely expensive project. 

The away end needs knocking down and rebuilding as a separate stand .... we missed a trick not seeking funding for this in the 90’s

The kop - cantilever the roof, remove the pillars and fill in the corners. Makes up for any lost capacity from the away end. There plenty of room behind the Kop for extra facilities 

North needs work behind it to upgrade the facilities, increase space and entrances and exits 

Sounds cheaper than a new stadium to me. 

If anything was going to happen it would have already started. Nothing will happen until we reach the premier league 

Just now, Bigblueowl said:

I think it probably is time but would be gutted if it wasnt actually in Hillsborough! Not sure where it could be in Hillsborough without having to buy a lot of land and buikdings/business premises to flatten. 

IF we were to build a new stadium theres no chance it would be in Hillsborough. It'll be on the outskirts somewhere. The nearest I would imagine would be up past stocksbridge.

• Haha 1

Just now, striker said:

I love Hillsborough, it's all I've known, but increasingly unfit for purpose, due to the constant meddling by the fuckwits at SAG/SYP and limited opportunity to develop. 

DC owns a construction company and sure the stadium will be on the agenda if we become established on the premier league. 

Wow never knew that. Easy then. Like when a builder does his own house they always look awesome

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Just playing devils advocate here.... If Chansiri wanted to spend the money on a new stadium why wouldn’t he consider making some upgrades to Hillsborough instead? And why hasn’t he already done it? 

Maybe the costs of running the team / club are enough fir now 

13 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Just playing devils advocate here.... If Chansiri wanted to spend the money on a new stadium why wouldn’t he consider making some upgrades to Hillsborough instead? And why hasn’t he already done it? 

I've never quite understood why DC says he'll wait until we're in the Premier before he makes his mind up on whether to build a new stadium or update Hillsborough.  Surely when we reach the Premier it's the time to maximise income. What's the point in reaching the Premier then deciding to rebuild 3 sides of the ground which will result in greatly reduced capacity for about 4 years, it just doesn't make sense.  For me if he was going to upgrade Hillsborough we would have already started the process.

1 minute ago, mogbad said:

I've never quite understood why DC says he'll wait until we're in the Premier before he makes his mind up on whether to build a new stadium or update Hillsborough.  Surely when we reach the Premier it's the time to maximise income. What's the point in reaching the Premier then deciding to rebuild 3 sides of the ground which will result in greatly reduced capacity for about 4 years, it just doesn't make sense.  For me if he was going to upgrade Hillsborough we would have already started the process.

you're not financing the club, so you don't think like he does, i'd relax if I was one or two of you, we'll still be at hillsborough in ten years time.

Don’t think there are any guarantees that SYP or SAG would leave us alone even if we moved to a new stadium. For whatever reason (one being the proliferation of Blades on SAG) it is the club rather than the stadium which is the focus of their attention, all conveniently dressed up in a Health & Safety disguise. They would quite quickly find fault with a new stadium.