Kadeem/Murphy

Just watched the highlights and boy do those lads run. We are in for a treat this season if we can keep them both fit. They seem to have hit it off right away and the early signs are definitely promising. Kadeem reminds me very much of Antonio. The way he attacks and runs with the ball. Why Cardiff allowed him to leave for free beats me but their loss is our gain

Murphy is a cracking loan signing. Hopefully this puts all the Bruce/Ashley business to bed and both clubs can move on

WAWAW

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, notts0wl said:

Credit to Bruce, he wasn't here long but he built the foundations in place and allowed the loan deal.. no hard feelings good luck to him.

I wouldn't go that far. He's a slimey cocknipple.

I'll give him one thing though.  He could build a squad, better than Carlos, Jos and Paxo combined.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, notts0wl said:

Credit to Bruce, he wasn't here long but he built the foundations in place and allowed the loan deal.. no hard feelings good luck to him.

I hope it is all put to bed and we don't take it any further but I still hope Bruce takes Newcastle down. I didn't like the way he went about things and with his assistants showed a complete lack of respect to our club and DC

• Like 1

The Barnsley right back was fast....he probably thought he was fast enough to deal with any winger.

Harris left him in his wake so many times in the second half it was bordering on cheating.

Loved it.

• Haha 5

The good thing is, both wingers are making plenty of out to in runs, which means they can get nearer Fletcher, and get on the end of chances.  Don’t know what happened with Murphy’s goal on Saturday, as both wingers found themselves pretty much in the same channel Worked out OK though

21 minutes ago, happy bunny said:

I'm more surprised by the fact we actually put them both in the starting eleven

Flies in the face of everything we've become accustomed to as Wednesday fans

Surprised me too, you don't get many teams with 2 wingers these days.  Bullen actually said afterwards that there'll be times depending on the opposition that we'll need to dig in & it won't be appropriate to have them both on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Don’t know what happened with Murphy’s goal on Saturday, as both wingers found themselves pretty much in the same channel Worked out OK though

I couldn’t believe my eyes either - they were both like a tramp on chips 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, happy bunny said:

I'm more surprised by the fact we actually put them both in the starting eleven

Flies in the face of everything we've become accustomed to as Wednesday fans

Very true. Our last few signings and the use of them is a far cry from loaning average players in the past, and then never playing.

Not sure what has changed, but definitely seems to be a bit of common sense being applied now.

Both strike me as the sort of players that are going to frustrate with poor decision making and lack of end product.

Both also strike me as absolute lightning and able to create half a dozen chances between them per game just by being absolute lightning. 

I'd rather they were in our team than not, that's for sure.

Obviously Reach is a different kind of wide player, and I’m sure he’ll get plenty of opportunities out wide, but is there now an opportunity to reassess his role?  I don’t have anything specific in mind, but although he’s OK out wide, does it make the most of his abilities? To be honest, it was the same in midfield, and certainly when playing wing back, he did an alright job, without really being convincing  Now it’s great to have a player who can give cover in several roles, but I cant help thinking Reach has more to offer than that.  Because we now have two fast and direct wingers, is there a different role for Reach, or will he always be destined to be a peripheral type of player, albeit a talented one

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

It is exactly what we have been missing for years.

Imagine if he had two proper pacey wingers in CC's second season? I think we would have gone up no doubt. 

He wouldnt have played them, he would have played bannan on the left

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Obviously Reach is a different kind of wide player, and I’m sure he’ll get plenty of opportunities out wide, but is there now an opportunity to reassess his role?  I don’t have anything specific in mind, but although he’s OK out wide, does it make the most of his abilities? To be honest, it was the same in midfield, and certainly when playing wing back, he did an alright job, without really being convincing  Now it’s great to have a player who can give cover in several roles, but I cant help thinking Reach has more to offer than that.  Because we now have two fast and direct wingers, is there a different role for Reach, or will he always be destined to be a peripheral type of player, albeit a talented one

How is he peripheral?

He started 131 of our last 135 matches.

• Haha 5