Steven Fletcher

He’s hugely under rated by loads of our fans. At this level absolutely top notch striker. 

Whenever he’s had a run of games he’s contributed to goals (scoring or assisting). I remember one run where he got a goal or assist six games on the bounce in his first season including that long range effort at Blackburn and people were still slating him. 

Would walk into most Championship teams. 

Edited by beloved_aunt

7 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Also thought Rhodes looked excellent when he came on. 

Fitter and stronger than I remember

Yes he was hungry. Played a delightful ball thru for Luongo with almost his first touch.

Would have been the cherry on the icing of the cake if Rhodes had scored. What a difference to our season if he and Fletch become pretty much inter-changeable.

11 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Also thought Rhodes looked excellent when he came on. 

Fitter and stronger than I remember

Tried hard did Rhodes, but it's not quite his game this formation.

He will be of use when we are losing or drawing and need to go two up top.

Chucking him up there as a straight swap Fletcher when we are winning is almost just giving him time on the pitch to keep him fit and happy.    I couldn't see him scoring, but then I suppose we had stopped pushing forwards on the wings too towards the end so maybe i'm not giving Rhodes enough credit.

Edited by Salmonbones

Fletcher was the only one looking like they had fight last season under Jos and when we was down 

he carried us through that period and then at the end of the season looked great as he was getting better service and application from the team 

he’s a warrior, and a very good footballer wouldn’t surprise me if he bagged 15/20 goals this year 

• Like 2

Always been a fan since his Sunderland days. An old school centre forward but quite skilful too. I think his move here was the first time he hasn’t played in the top tier of the country he was in and he’s moved a lot. The Sunderland fans questioned whether he’d be up for it here but he always has been. Hope we can keep him fit.

• Like 2