'Bomber' Harris

Won't be long until teams are doubling up on Harris.

He is so so dangerous and if u leave him one on one you will lose.

He reminds me of Traore from Wolves but Harris seems to have better control of the ball at pace.

He needs to keep the crosses simple though once he gets past the full back. Just play the percentages and put the ball inbetween the defence and goalkeeper. That's what the pigs did all last season and scored loads from it.

If the strikers know where the ball.is going it's easier for them. Defenders have to assume the ball could go anywhere so it's impossible for them to stop it consistently.

Very very exciting to think how many assists this lad could get.

3 minutes ago, trev said:

Won't be long until teams are doubling up on Harris.

He is so so dangerous and if u leave him one on one you will lose.

He reminds me of Traore from Wolves but Harris seems to have better control of the ball at pace.

He needs to keep the crosses simple though once he gets past the full back. Just play the percentages and put the ball inbetween the defence and goalkeeper. That's what the pigs did all last season and scored loads from it.

If the strikers know where the ball.is going it's easier for them. Defenders have to assume the ball could go anywhere so it's impossible for them to stop it consistently.

Very very exciting to think how many assists this lad could get.

They did at times yesterday and he still went round them. They made the mistake of both getting too close and his speed got him round them. Better players woud have one on him and another holding his distance so he can cut him off as he rounds the first man

Managers can control how their teams set up to negate the opposition's tactics etc but there's very little they can do about raw pace. Double up? Leaves gaps for the other players. Sit deep? Means you will struggle when in attack. Chop them down? Yellow/red cards. 

Nightmare to play against and great to see this time it's for us and not against!

29 minutes ago, sethman75 said:

I can't recall the last time we had pace on the wings and someone who just wrecks defences.

The fact we got him on a free is mind blowing.

Antonio and Harlan/JJ was probably the last time. But the end product only really came from Antonio previously whereby we have a genuine double threat. 

Prior to that Franck Songo’o was really exciting 

3 hours ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

He doesn’t strike me as someone with a clinical finish on him , think he will miss a lot of chances however create a shed load 

what a freebie this lad has been so far

I'm not sure how you've drawn that conclusion so soon, especially seeing as his current form is 1 in 2 games. 

If he can keep up this form, our free transfer signing will be worth £10m by the end of the season. Let's hope he's not another Regi Blinker or Andy Sinton - seem to remember they looked like world beaters in their first few appearances...