Barnsley tho

11 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Relegation fodder.

Still can't believe the calls to poach their manager.

Bizarre.

it's just people showing their level of footballing knowledge again.

they wouldn't and shouldn't have gone down had they not made an appalling managerial appointment too near the season's end.

when they went down they had a lower to just below mid table championship side operating in the 'pub league'.

so they finally appoint someone who can tell his left from his right, and had a decent side for that division.

he can soon look a tactical genius from the results. 

today he appeared to have just the 'one idea' and kept 'flogging the dead horse' no matter what the result was, and here's me thinking it was their last manager who was portuguese?

Proves possession means naff all. They had over 60% yet we was the dominant side. I had higher expectations of Barnsley. I was expecting Jurgen Klopp style pressing but they persisted with passing themselves into trouble. 

13 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

It's all about opinions., and in my opinion they are a decent footballing side, keep the ball well and will get better through the season.

yeah! they did keep the ball well, it was kept well away from us when it was in the back of their net.

what was their ball retention stats 60%+? and did **** all with it, keeping the ball will do **** all for you, keep hitting the opposition net with it, will win games.

They played themselves into trouble time after time today, yet nobody seemed to be doing anything to alter their approach.

I honestly expected a tough time, but they offered so little and looked really, really naïve.

There's plenty of time for them to get to grips with this division yet, though. Let's not forget that they beat Fulham a week ago.

Our team is not set up like to play like he does, last year when Dawson, Lees and Palmer were messing around with it at the back it gave us all kittens put us in 15th with dour boring football & Jos. 

Stay well clear imo. Keep it as it is, no rush to make an appointment, the players are loving it & the management are doing great.

Leave it as it is until Xmas and see where we are. 

now lets see if we can explain this to one and all. 

if at the kick off, they'd have passed to their keeper who'd have kicked it into their own net (1-0), and done the same when kicking off again (2-0), and done that all game, their possession stats would have shown 99% ball retention, and we'd have won 90-0.

does that explain anything about football to you? modern or not

7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

They played themselves into trouble time after time today, yet nobody seemed to be doing anything to alter their approach.

I honestly expected a tough time, but they offered so little and looked really, really naïve.

There's plenty of time for them to get to grips with this division yet, though. Let's not forget that they beat Fulham a week ago.

maybe Fulham were mesmerised by shyte.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Proves Stendall is clueless. Cross him off the list.

2 weeks ago I started a thread saying exactly the same, on the back off what my Barnsley fan mates were telling me and got negged (sorry disagreed) to death.

Anyway, really going to enjoy tonight in the pub reminding them.

Great all round display today, well done everyone.

UTO

Just now, sexpistol said:

I actually have a greatest hits cd of A flock of seagulls somewhere. I probably know about three songs of theirs. 

With an Owlstalk sign in like yours I'd chuck the "greatest hits" in the non recyclable bin for next collection .....

Definitely "No Fun" ......lol

• Haha 1