Premier League 2019/20

Allegri to be the Newcastle manager.

I'd have Bruce back tbh. 

His signings were very good and he is clearly a good manager.

I don't hold a grudge against a manager leaving for bigger n better. That's the aim of the game in life.

I'd certainly be more confident with Bruce here than Monk.

48 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Just said on Absolute radio news, EPL are considering broadcasting rest of behind closed doors matches for free on normal tv.

how do they do this in the current climate

they just wont accept that they cant continue unless the lock down is lifted, they really think there are more important than the rest of us, and the rest of business's

27 minutes ago, the third man said:

how do they do this in the current climate

they just wont accept that they cant continue unless the lock down is lifted, they really think there are more important than the rest of us, and the rest of business's

I think they accept that behind closed doors is their only option and they might be helping the public a bit. If squads get tested & the all clear, what's to stop them? The horse racing authorities are considering the same. Racing with no spectators but on tv. This would also open up the gambling industry, without having to open betting shops. I know it's not a priority, but it's some form of entertainment because when the weather turns, it's going to be far more tedious under lockdown. Getting some sport on tv will help. 

3 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Just said on Absolute radio news, EPL are considering broadcasting rest of behind closed doors matches for free on normal tv.

I think they are desperate now, most leagues ending the season and they are trying to do anything to grab that last couple of quid. 

Just end the season. 

Just now, Maddogbob said:

I think they are desperate now, most leagues ending the season and they are trying to do anything to grab that last couple of quid. 

Just end the season. 

Maybe. Story has now appeared on bbc website & uefa talking about finishing their cup tournaments in August after domestic leagues are over. I think they’re pretty determined to see them out MDB. 

1 minute ago, The only way is S6 said:

Maybe. Story has now appeared on bbc website & uefa talking about finishing their cup tournaments in August after domestic leagues are over. I think they’re pretty determined to see them out MDB. 

Well let them try. 

2 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

I think they accept that behind closed doors is their only option and they might be helping the public a bit. If squads get tested & the all clear, what's to stop them? The horse racing authorities are considering the same. Racing with no spectators but on tv. This would also open up the gambling industry, without having to open betting shops. I know it's not a priority, but it's some form of entertainment because when the weather turns, it's going to be far more tedious under lockdown. Getting some sport on tv will help. 

Why cant you then open up betting shops, restaurants and pubs, most would have less people in them would a football ground with players, officials, paramedics and TV crews, can see other industries asking why football and not them

Testing is only as good as the time it is done, anyone involved could test positive before the next match, then everyone involved in the last match would be isolating, therefore no players

If it happens this will be done for the benefit of the TV money and not for the benefit or care of anyone else

6 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

They can be as determined as they like, any government that gives priority to , behind closed doors at that, over other leisure industries is going to cause themselves a lot of trouble,

Edited by the third man

2 minutes ago, the third man said:

Why cant you then open up betting shops, restaurants and pubs, most would have less people in them would a football ground with players, officials, paramedics and TV crews, can see other industries asking why football and not them

Testing is only as good as the time it is done, anyone involved could test positive before the next match, then everyone involved in the last match would be isolating, therefore no players

If it happens this will be done for the benefit of the TV money and not for the benefit or care of anyone else

No need for tv crews etc to mix with teams though. Paramedics would be in full Corona gear. Betting shops pubs etc will be last to open imo. 

1 minute ago, The only way is S6 said:

No need for tv crews etc to mix with teams though. Paramedics would be in full Corona gear. Betting shops pubs etc will be last to open imo. 

They will all be mixing with each other, players with each other, the TV crews with each other etc

6 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Providing it’s safe, at least it’s summat to watch! 

EPL I have no Interest in tbh. My interest in all things Wednesday is increasingly on the wain. 

I'd maybe watch us, but that's about it.