Premier League 2019/20

1 hour ago, southportdc said:

I think finishing this season and playing a shortened season next year makes most sense, but with European competitions it's hard to see how we can unilaterally decide that. 

Finishing this season is the best outcome - but ONLY if it can be concluded with the same squads as pre shutdown

Otherwise it is no more the "same season" as any 2 seasons could be - totally corrupt

Simply cannot have a scenario where clubs can lose lots of players but are expected to continue in the "same season"

• Like 1

Isn't one of the main issues coordinating the whole thing? 

You can't have say the EPL finishing, but the EFL not. Likewise, you don't want La Liga, Serie A voiding, but the EPL finishing their season. 

Truth be told, I envision nothing but a complete clusterf00k. 

5 minutes ago, scram said:

Finishing this season is the best outcome - but ONLY if it can be concluded with the same squads as pre shutdown

Otherwise it is no more the "same season" as any 2 seasons could be - totally corrupt

Simply cannot have a scenario where clubs can lose lots of players but are expected to continue in the "same season"

Another reason England can't just go it alone. If everyone can agree a solution to the contract issue, that's great. English clubs can't just hold onto players until September then release them after everyone else started their league. 

11 hours ago, southportdc said:

I think finishing this season and playing a shortened season next year makes most sense, but with European competitions it's hard to see how we can unilaterally decide that. 

Uefa remains intent on finishing the Champions League and Europa League seasons and has warned that any domestic leagues which are abandoned prematurely could result in teams being excluded from its competitions in the future.

According to  today’s Guardian. Includes potential games behind closed doors and finish in September - but a recognition authorities may prevent it. 

8 hours ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

Unfortunately or maybe fortunately it will allow FIFA to get the seasons moved for the World Cup in Qatar. I expect seasons to be completed.

Reyt conspiracy theory, even if it weren't meant as one. 

Side note, the club I feel more for is Coventry and the lower league clubs who were running away with it. Coventry always a club I liked growing up and seeing them so low for so long and to be in the position their in, feel a lot more for them then Liverpool 

Guest Bulgaria
On 04/04/2020 at 13:47, the third man said:

Because of the money involved the clubs have all been brainwashed in to thinking it's the be all and end all 

You could argue that the fans of most premier league clubs have also.

20 minutes ago, NorfolkNChance said:

Newcastle close to 300m takeover. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52284645

Will Bruce stay? He’s done more than a decent job, just a shame he left us in the lurch. You can’t help but think the table would have looked different than it does now. 

Hopefully new owners will sack the snake

32 minutes ago, NorfolkNChance said:

Will Bruce stay? He’s done more than a decent job, just a shame he left us in the lurch. You can’t help but think the table would have looked different than it does now. 

Depends how ambitious the new owners are and how much cash to spend.  If they are the new Chelsea or Man City type ownership then it could be Potchitoono time 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorfolkNChance said:

If we'd have Bruce and been near the top and this happened I'd be furious. Turned out to be alright in that respect. Every cloud 

On 13/04/2020 at 15:50, EighteenSixty7 said:

Spurs have reversed their decision to furlough non-playing staff, took them long enough after the backlash. I think them, Liverpool, Newcastle etc have done damage to their own image that necessarily can't be repaired.

when (if) things get back to normal all 3 will pull in 50,000 fans every home game ,sponsors will be  giving them millions, television "experts" will be fawning over them  so I doubt they'll be too bothered ……

Glad that most of the Premier league clubs who furloughed staff have reversed they decision.

Would be nauseating if in a few months time these clubs were bidding £50m on some average left back after taking tax payers money at a time of national crisis.

Hope Wednesday also decide to reverse the decision.

9 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Depends how ambitious the new owners are and how much cash to spend.  If they are the new Chelsea or Man City type ownership then it could be Potchitoono time 

I wouldn’t mind a club like Newcastle rustling some feathers at the top if it pushes the likes of Chelsea, arsenal and pigs downwards.  Will be interesting to see where their new ownership takes it. Can’t see Bruce staying there for very long 

10 hours ago, NorfolkNChance said:

I’d no doubt be in the minority but I’d have Bruce back. I was p*ssed off at the time but I don’t hold any animosity towards him 

He was going home to his club, in the Premier League with actually money to spend, if he’d turned it down he’d have regretted it to his dying day. Who on here would turn Wednesday down in the PL if you were at a mid table championship club? Nobody 

2 hours ago, Stoop said:

I’d no doubt be in the minority but I’d have Bruce back. I was p*ssed off at the time but I don’t hold any animosity towards him 

He was going home to his club, in the Premier League with actually money to spend, if he’d turned it down he’d have regretted it to his dying day. Who on here would turn Wednesday down in the PL if you were at a mid table championship club? Nobody 

He turned them down several times then went on to manage Sunderland... and slag off Newcastle fans in that spell.

Dont fall for his poo

9 hours ago, Stoop said:

A bigger issue may be would he do the same again if he came back?

Imagine he gets us heading in the right direction again and then Wilder goes to West Ham and the pigs offer the job to Bruce. Would he turn that job down? I doubt it.  

Of course any championship manager would find turning down a PL job difficult, but it’s probably best not to hire the same manager only to be ditched twice by the same man as that would be pretty horrific. 

Edited by Southie_Owl

4 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

A bigger issue may be would he do the same again if he came back?

Imagine he gets us heading in the right direction again and then Wilder goes to West Ham and the pigs offer the job to Bruce. Would he turn that job down? I doubt it.  

Of course any championship manager would find turning down a PL job difficult, but it’s probably best not to hire the same manager only to be ditched twice by the same man as that would be pretty horrific. 

Maybe Chansiri would fancy doing a Dave Richards, re hire Bruce, watch him get us promoted then sack him and give the job to James O Connor 

• Haha 2