Premier League 2019/20

22 minutes ago, NorfolkNChance said:

30 clubs have already indicated they are ready to challenge to annul the football pyramid below tier 7. That’s non league, semi professional (in the main) ready to take legal action.

It’s going to be impossible to find a solution that satisfies everyone. 

Absolutely

But that is so minor in the scheme of things it is vanishingly small

Most of the clubs "challenging" the decision to void the season will be lower tier clubs who don't have a piss pot  anyway

The football authorities in this country have accepted that the season has to finish on June 30th - and they want to restart by May 17th - thats serious ITK btw - do with it what you will...

So they tacitly (and unwrittenly) accept that the season MUST be finished by 30/06 - they will not dictate when football happens again (as it's not their decision) - and so far it is not looking likely to go the way they plan

27 minutes ago, NorfolkNChance said:

Yeah I read somewhere today, probably BBC , that some UEFA guy says it has to be finished by the 30th June in order for everything to fall into place for next season. Hard to argue really 

And also for it to not be a totally corrupt season

Imagine (for eg) half of Bournemouths squad are out of contract and leave - how are they legitimately supposed to to compete in the "same season" with a decimated team?

So many ridiculous variables

Hopefully we will be able to start to relent the restrictions in enough time to finish the season by the end of June

But currently not looking promising

I think the restrictions will be relented in time for behind closed doors games by the end of May, maybe earlier. Whether that’s enough time, who knows.

But it definitely has to be one or the other. The season happened or not. You can’t say nothing happened, nobody won anything but by the way we’ve promoted these teams. 

12 hours ago, southportdc said:

I think the restrictions will be relented in time for behind closed doors games by the end of May, maybe earlier. Whether that’s enough time, who knows.

But it definitely has to be one or the other. The season happened or not. You can’t say nothing happened, nobody won anything but by the way we’ve promoted these teams. 

Speedway has been suspended until the middle of June

Experts saying this morning that restrictions will most likely be in place until the middle of June

Cant have behind closed door games unless the restrictions are lifted for all before that date, football cant be seen to be more important than other industries

and if restrictions are lifted there is no need for behind closed door games

Players wont have trained for two months, so would not be able to play games immediately anyway

In an ideal world, the season is finished...but then there comes a point where things are too far gone for that to happen. I hear talks of making sure you finish this season and truncating next? That in itself will open a whole other can of worms.

If you can't get the season wrapped up by June/July, then I think you have to void it. Incredibly harsh on the likes of Liverpool and others, but these are extraordinary times. Of course, if you do void the season, then expect a deluge of lawsuits to follow from various clubs.  

Ultimately, I believe the season will get voided. 

16 hours ago, NorfolkNChance said:

30 clubs have already indicated they are ready to challenge to annul the football pyramid below tier 7. That’s non league, semi professional (in the main) ready to take legal action.

It’s going to be impossible to find a solution that satisfies everyone. 

This is the start of the whole of the season being voided. Cant take legal action if everyone is in the same boat.

there is no way football can restart in May

the chances of the lock down being lifted by then is very remote, everyone seems to be looking at mid June at the earliest, then the players will need time for a short preseason training to get to a level of fitness

And are all the players currently in England, some might have gone home and may not be able to get a flight back

With regards to the season being voided

The only teams that will be bothered  are the top of the PL, and then teams in the European positions who weren't  in those positions at the end of last season (the ones who will not be in Europe next season, who were this will want it voided)

Then you have to top two / three in the other leagues who will want to be promoted

Against that you have all the teams that will relegated,

then you have the teams in or around the playoffs who think they have a chance of promotion, but wont have a chance

and then you have basically all the other teams that couldn't care less what happens because it doesn't effect them

so it will depend on how much money is thrown about

However how can you relegate a team when the season hasn't been completed, very unfair

Surely all the powers that be have to do, is say No decision until a decision can be made.

Then if the season can get going again, great, if not, then void it then, but until anyone knows anything concrete what's the point?

Edited by thesouthowl

9 hours ago, thesouthowl said:

Surely all the powers that be have to do, is say No decision until a decision can be made.

Then if the season can get going again, great, if not, then void it then, but until anyone knows anything concrete what's the point?

Seems sensible to me. Although I just dont see how anything credible can be done in any sensible timeline. 

Edited by Geedee

Kane to leave spurs? Personally think he will need to if he wants to win trophies in the next 2-3 seasons. Would be interesting seeing him at Man Utd or going abroad to Barca or Madrid.  

That’s if football and normal life ever returns of course. 

On 28/03/2020 at 22:31, NorfolkNChance said:

The season has to complete, if it means playing 3 games a week behind closed doors then so be it - although that will lead to arguments and legal action no doubt. 

How they guarantee an ambulance at each ground etc remains to be seen 

why would they need an ambulance ?.....I watch some very low league football and they seem to get by without one .

imo they should just knock this season on the head and start again from zero whenever all this is over …...tough on all those that have a chance of success but not as tough as it is for countless others who I doubt will be taking any legal action .

On 29/03/2020 at 16:58, the third man said:

there is no way football can restart in May

the chances of the lock down being lifted by then is very remote, everyone seems to be looking at mid June at the earliest, then the players will need time for a short preseason training to get to a level of fitness

And are all the players currently in England, some might have gone home and may not be able to get a flight back

With regards to the season being voided

The only teams that will be bothered  are the top of the PL, and then teams in the European positions who weren't  in those positions at the end of last season (the ones who will not be in Europe next season, who were this will want it voided)

Then you have to top two / three in the other leagues who will want to be promoted

Against that you have all the teams that will relegated,

then you have the teams in or around the playoffs who think they have a chance of promotion, but wont have a chance

and then you have basically all the other teams that couldn't care less what happens because it doesn't effect them

so it will depend on how much money is thrown about

However how can you relegate a team when the season hasn't been completed, very unfair

I think this is where I come down on it. It’s only really an issue since Liverpool are so far ahead. If PL was close it’d be voided quickly imo. And the other leagues would fall into line.

7 hours ago, SiJ said:

They really do think that football is the be all and end all of life

they need to get real and realise there  is a lot more important things happening that don't include football

• Like 3

Wimbledon called off at the end of June, so they don't expect any change before then

UEFA saying they will finish European competitions come what may, including behind closed doors

So they need the money from the TV rather than money from supporters, wonder which of the two are more important?

11 minutes ago, the third man said:

Wimbledon called off at the end of June, so they don't expect any change before then

UEFA saying they will finish European competitions come what may, including behind closed doors

So they need the money from the TV rather than money from supporters, wonder which of the two are more important?

European competitions have been suspended indefinitely.

Can't see how they resume after June due to contracts

I know the football authorities are trying to find ways for contract extensions etc - unless they put a ban on transfers in the interim then i don't see how that can work

And trying to ban transfers with players out of contract is a whole other can of worms - can feel the lawyers rubbing their hands already