Premier League 2019/20

40 minutes ago, southportdc said:

Lower tiers (5 and below I think) voided their seasons.

So precedent set.

Chez vegas live to fight another day..

They've avoided dropping to the National League north...

Pleased for Chorley though

Guest Grez Bez
11 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Chez vegas live to fight another day..

They've avoided dropping to the National League north...

Pleased for Chorley though

Not yet, no decision made for the National League. Only Step 3 to 7

44 minutes ago, NorfolkNChance said:

Some teams in those leagues have already secured promotion weeks ago. Kick in the nads for them. Some calling it to early to make a decision.

Rumour is that the FA Cup will follow 

I wouldn't be surprised to see a legal challenge by any club already promoted.

As for Liverpool if they get awarded it there will always be an asterisk against their 19th win.

Even if the season is restarted or if Man City graciously concede the title to them it's still a hollow victory.

I think the chant next year around the grounds at Liverpool fans should be.

' Premier League champions you will never do that lol

I would then just love it if Manchester United won it in 20/21 lol

• Haha 1

Seems like Football is finally seeing sense, it's impractical, too much of a risk and selfish to finish the season. Could be called off next week by the sounds of it? All along its seemed unfeasible and impossible to complete to me. Just restart it next season, whenever football can resume. There are far more important things to worry about than sport. 

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/breaking-governing-bodies-difficult-decisions-17997501

However, the statement revealed that the governing bodies will be forced to make difficult decisions which will leave some clubs unhappy...

A joint statement from the Premier League and EFL on Friday read: "The Premier League, EFL and PFA met today and discussed the growing seriousness of the COVID-19 pandemic.

"It was stressed that the thoughts of all three organisations continue to be with everyone affected by the virus. The Premier League, EFL and PFA agreed that difficult decisions will have to be taken in order to mitigate the economic impact of the current suspension of professional football in England and agreed to work together to arrive at shared solutions."

Matt Lawton on twitter saying some teams support voiding the season but promoting Leeds and WBA anyway for two 22 team top leagues. 

Seems insane to me tbh. You can't void the season but randomly promote two clubs. 

If Leeds weren't in the top two it wouldn't even be considered. 

Edited by southportdc

1 hour ago, edmontonowl said:

That's crazy

Who would be relegated from the Prem in that case?

Nobody. 22 team Prem. 22 team Champ. Don't know if anyone from L1 comes up to use or what. 

Probably worth pointing out it's a West Ham idea. 

But it seems the net result would be the season never happened except 2 clubs appear in the Prem. 

39 minutes ago, southportdc said:

Nobody. 22 team Prem. 22 team Champ. Don't know if anyone from L1 comes up to use or what. 

Probably worth pointing out it's a West Ham idea. 

But it seems the net result would be the season never happened except 2 clubs appear in the Prem. 

The EFL clubs would have to agree, and apart from WBA and Leeds cant see them doing that, especially Fulham and any other team with a chance of promotion unless they are paid a lot of money to not complain

and the PL want fewer matches not more, so they can protect their players from playing football

30 clubs have already indicated they are ready to challenge to annul the football pyramid below tier 7. That’s non league, semi professional (in the main) ready to take legal action.

It’s going to be impossible to find a solution that satisfies everyone.