Premier League 2019/20

Declare Liverpool the champions in the Prem.

When conditions allow, have a Scottish style play off system for promotion and relegation. Bottom 2 in the prem, top 2 in the championship. 2nd bottom plays 2nd top and, bottom plays top. Winner takes all in a 1 game shootout. 

10 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

Declare Liverpool the champions in the Prem.

When conditions allow, have a Scottish style play off system for promotion and relegation. Bottom 2 in the prem, top 2 in the championship. 2nd bottom plays 2nd top and, bottom plays top. Winner takes all in a 1 game shootout. 

So you saying declare the leagues without finishing the fixtures

not sure the teams that could catch the teams in the potential promotion places will agree with that, or the teams that can escape the relegation zone either, and all teams will have a vote

Could be fun if the EFL say no one gets promoted from the championship but the PL want to relegate three teams

if the leagues cant be finished correctly, before the end of June when contracts run out (loans can be extended from the beginning of May to the end of June) then it needs to be void and start again next season

11 minutes ago, the third man said:

So you saying declare the leagues without finishing the fixtures

not sure the teams that could catch the teams in the potential promotion places will agree with that, or the teams that can escape the relegation zone either, and all teams will have a vote

Could be fun if the EFL say no one gets promoted from the championship but the PL want to relegate three teams

if the leagues cant be finished correctly, before the end of June when contracts run out (loans can be extended from the beginning of May to the end of June) then it needs to be void and start again next season

Doesn’t declaring the season null and void have the exactly same outcome as my solution for the chasing pack? They essentially get nothing. 

At least with the proposal I put forward, you have an element of destiny still being in the 4 teams own hands. The others however harsh it may sound, are Irrelevant. It provides a promotion/relegation solution and, adds a little bit of entertainment to the seasons end. What I would say is, the solution I put forward would only work if all games in hand are played.

Ultimately, we’re going to struggle to find a solution that everyone will agree on. I just think the whole null and void thing would be an incredibly harsh way of finishing the season. That being said, the only thing that really matters is our health and well-being!

1 hour ago, Burnsie said:

Surely they have to finish the season and delay the next. With a winter world cup on the horizon in a couple of years it might not be a bad thing to talk to slightly adjust the season

Approach this unusual situation with a common sense solution?

It'll never catch on.

9 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

Approach this unusual situation with a common sense solution?

It'll never catch on.

Although, let's be honest, I prefer the Liverpool not winning the Prem and Leeds not going up option much better!

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

We all know the only fair option is to void the league. Yet the PL will be pooing their pants at the prospect of denying the scousers. Expect a fudge that results in them being crowned champions, albeit forever with an asterisk next to it. 

How is it fair on Liverpool? Let's be honest, they are miles ahead. The only fair option is to complete the league. I don't get why we are all focused on "next season" when this one hasn't finished yet.

Problem with that is (and I know EPL & EFL are independent of each other) you'd have to do the same throughout the leagues surely!? Can't have Prem settled but Championship down, voided. So Liverpool x amount of points ahead is irrelevant imo

Guest The Horse

As much as I have no love for Liverpool, I don't think they'd like to be awarded the title if it gets called off just because they're way ahead.

There's no honour in that.

They'd either want the season to finish or start again.

Could you really celebrate that with the backdrop of what's going on with the virus?

I know I wouldn't be able to enjoy if it was Wednesday in the same position.

15 hours ago, dobbo said:

Problem with that is (and I know EPL & EFL are independent of each other) you'd have to do the same throughout the leagues surely!? Can't have Prem settled but Championship down, voided. So Liverpool x amount of points ahead is irrelevant imo

Exactly that. How does anybody start to define what a good enough lead is?

Do Leeds have enough for all to accept Auto's for them? They got reeled in after just a few games last time.

That then moves to the CL. Are Man City clear enough favourites to go straight through vs Real Madrid etc.

The Anfield nights recently really cast all that into doubt as to when a team is home and dry.